Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

40 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Keegan was a unanimous success for us though. Keane took charge of them for 18 months and was booed off in his final few matches.

He has also only had one other job, which was a complete failure.

The nostalgia comparisons aren’t similar at all. It’d be the equivalent of us screaming for Chris Hughton back every five minutes.

I’m also fairly sure nobody seriously thinks Keegan would be a good fit for manager right now. Understand most people would only have him back in some sort of Ambassador role.

Really?

46 minutes ago, gdm said:

All about newcastle 

To be fair, he is perfect for them. Anti social, deluded re the importance of his own opinions, and I hear he pretty much lives on Greggs’ pasties. (Last one may not be 100% true, nor that negative to maintain the ‘fairness’ theme…). 

2 hours ago, gdm said:

All about newcastle 

Alternatively.....Throwing a punch at Shearer and missing, made to look like a tit when Shearer stayed calm and he got sent off and admitting Shearer was right when he called him a prick.

4 hours ago, madras said:

I'm not a twit. What's he said now ?

I just pointed out the barrage of abuse aimed at certain folk , he’s had a Twitter slap. [emoji38]

if you notice he’s not posting anything he’s put on Twitter [emoji38]

Edited by GWN

2 minutes ago, sleazy said:

damning assessment of Keane from Agbonlahor 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU1WF9M7tsg

I wouldn’t put any faith in what that gobshite says, a shooting drill which is structured around passing and crossing will not allow for a player just to get loads of shots away, he just had the hump because he would have rather been at home in the PS or piss no doubt than standing around during a drill. 

Edited by HTT II

36 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Also, is it quite wrong of me to now quite like Keane as a pundit these days? I feel conflicted…

No, he's a decent pundit.

I don't think he says much that's really incisive, but he's entertaining to watch as you never quite know when he's going to throw his rattle out of the pram and start whinging, having a go at players or starting a row with someone on air.

Essentially, he's like Coco the Clown since at any moment, honk and the wheels could fall off. Shearer exposed him very well on that with the sending off. And he exposed himself with his admission of how he tackled Haaland.

So yes, entertaining enough to watch as a pundit, engaging even, but would you'd have to be a fool to think he can manage a team for any length of time without it all falling apart due to his own character flaws.

Hating Newcastle means he's perfect company for people who hate Newcaste down the pub or some echo chamber of circle jerking delusion but what about the management side?

Oh where eternal sunshining of the spotless minding things are we Worked part-time, commuted from Cheshire, Bruce did a better job after replacing him, did a s**t job at Ipswich

11 hours ago, xLiaaamx said:

Aye. Not like this place suggests Keegan or Rafa every time we want a new manager.[emoji38]

fk me.

Bottom of division two to the brink of the premier league title playing some of the best football the league's ever seen, having played for the club and forged a almost unparalleled bond with fans and a family and emotional link to the area is different from 2 1/2 years of mostly bad results in the top-flight with zero affinity to the club/area and didn't even live there.

Edited by Wolfcastle

18 minutes ago, madras said:

He's entertaining as a pundit. That's as far as it goes.

Agree but just saying I’ve no beef with him . His record as a manager is one of failure, good appointment.

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

Also, is it quite wrong of me to now quite like Keane as a pundit these days? I feel conflicted…

I thought when Keane first came onto the scene as a pundit he was a breath of fresh air. He'd say things pundits normally wouldn't say and he'd say it how it is. 

After a while I think it became a bit too predictable that he'd say something shocking or kick up an argument on air and it was boring to watch. 

Being paired up with Micah Richards seems to have rejuvenated him as he seems a bit softer and mellow when he's on air with him.