Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Brexit Colin fancies the gig. A match made in a proper, none-of-them-shit-religions heaven.

What the piss is going on with his hand? Looks like a cursed monkey's paw.

Edited by bhoywhonder

Great result for Rotherham last night, and Wigan still ahead of them with games in hand. Pretty much looks like play-offs again for the unwashed, although 7th place aren't far behind them now, if they do have a slip up.

7 hours ago, relámpago blanco said:

Warnock would get them promoted.  He would be an excellent choice.

Not sure if he would this season mind. Work Mackems say one of the issues they don't have enough cloggers and thumpers for that league.

Can’t help but like Defoe, for every ticket sold since he resigned, £1 will go to the Bradley Lowery Foundation, nice gesture.

Edited by HTT II

3 hours ago, madras said:

Not sure if he would this season mind. Work Mackems say one of the issues they don't have enough cloggers and thumpers for that league.

My mackem mate reckons he would be a bad appointment with the team they have and the players they’ve signed as they try to play football and their weakness is that they get roughed up and are not as physically strong as others in the league, that and they have a youngish squad. They sold Wyke at the start of the season too, who would have been better suited to Colin’s style rather than say Defoe.

10 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Defor

I’m surprised they managed to spell that for…

Edited by HTT II

I don't think Defoe is a gamble. They'll see in training if he still has the legs, they're not compelled to play him.

Colin is a decent managerial appointment, too. It could all work out well for them, though obviously there's still a lot of football to be played.

50 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I don't think Defoe is a gamble. They'll see in training if he still has the legs, they're not compelled to play him.

Colin is a decent managerial appointment, too. It could all work out well for them, though obviously there's still a lot of football to be played.

Yeah true, only thing is that if he isn’t played, their fans will be foaming at the mouth. The owners have shown that they are inclined to bow to fan demand in the past. Looks like Grant McCann is in talks, which is basically just another Johnson. Going to be interesting how it goes.

1 hour ago, Chris_R said:

I do. Reading between the lines, the managers quotes earlier in January, looks like the owners wanted Defoe back, the manager didn't and they took their choice. If so, considering their position, that's a gamble.