Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

I love their sunlun legends thread and all the best sunlun 11s of the last 30 years. Cloggers and hatchetmen like Bally and Catts in there as well as likes of Reyna, Don Hutchison, Summerbee, Allan Johnston and Julio Arca :lol:. All talked about with misty eyed nostalgia about the good old days. [emoji38]

None of them would get anywhere near our bench of our best 11 of the PL era. No shaming them man.

Edited by Carlos88

16 minutes ago, Carlos88 said:

I love their sunlun legends thread and all the best sunlun 11s of the last 30 years. Cloggers and hatchetmen like Bally and Catts in there as well as likes of Reyna, Don Hutchison, Summerbee, Allan Johnston and Julio Arca :lol:. All talked about with misty eyed nostalgia about the good old days. [emoji38]

None of them would get anywhere near our bench of our best 11 of the PL era. No shaming them man.

Build like an all time prem squad of ours, a squad of 25 players. Philips might break into our second squad but wouldn't get much game time. He's their best.

Tbh we could probably (injuries aside!) put out an XI tomorrow who would beat their best:

Wilson

ASM                           Fraser

Willock

Shelvey Bruno

Targett Burn Schar Trippier

Dubravka

ASM, Bruno and Trippier alone are on a different level to anything they could ever hope to field.

I honestly do try and be objective when I read what's in that place, and in the past I've chuckled at the odd bit of fewm. But this... this is on another level to anything I've witnessed over the years. Every other post now drips with so much vitriol, ratcheted up to screeching point to ward off their terrible emptiness. 

Please, mackems... for your own sakes... concentrate on getting out of your shitey league (perhaps starting next season). Release those straws you clutch to so hard. You'll feel better! 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Arca 00-02 would get in I reckon.

As Left back or midfield ? Midfield he wouldn't make first 3 squads, left back he's behind Beresford, Bernard, Enrique, just off the top of my head.

Edit.....I'd argue Stuart Pearce as well.

Edited by madras

Guest HTT II
11 minutes ago, madras said:

As Left back or midfield ? Midfield he wouldn't make first 3 squads, left back he's behind Beresford, Bernard, Enrique, just off the top of my head.

Edit.....I'd argue Stuart Pearce as well.

Domi too…

What even IS their best XI? Anyone want to have a go?

Aside from Phillips, Catts4me and Hewlio Arca I can't even think who they'd try to pick.

(Well, apart from Adam Johnson obviously :lol:)

1 minute ago, Chris_R said:

Aside from Phillips, Catts4me and Hewlio Arca I can't even think who they'd try to pick.

Possibly Niall Quinn also

3 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Bally. Obviously. 

5 hours ago, Chris_R said:

Mackematics will dictate that anything we ever win from now on doesn't count because oil money.

Clearly they have spent the last 20 years discounting all Chelsea and Man City's trophies too, of course....

To be fair, I kinda have :lol:. Wouldn’t surprise me all that much if they did.

7 minutes ago, STM said:

Always really liked Arca mind. He was like a left footed Solano.

He was really unlucky that he landed at Sunderland and not somewhere half decent.

Arca wasn’t fit to lace Nobby’s boots 

42 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Probably fair to say most of the genuinely good players they've had aside from Phillips had their best years at other clubs (Defoe, Bent, Henderson, Shackleton :shifty:)

Venison, Bracewell, Bramble, Clark, Howey etc etc