Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 Newcastle United - 09/05/18 - post match from page 13

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest firetotheworks

Might as well have just blown for full-time when Joselu came on.

Or Gayle, or anyone.

We battled hard and fought, naive team who can't put away chances though...Murphy, Ayoze, Gayle. Gah. Undone by their world class striker just wrapping his foot round the ball.

Guest reefatoon

Fucking hell man. I know we are safe and have nothing to play for but that game has really fucked me off. We had the best chances by far, but just can’t finish. It really is frustrating, and I fucking hate Spurs too, especially Deli bulb heed Ali. Wish Lascelles had snapped the cunt in half at the end there, the smug looking fucking twat face that he is. They did not deserve a win there mind.

Fucking hell man. I know we are safe and have nothing to play for but that game has really fucked me off. We had the best chances by far, but just can’t finish. It really is frustrating, and I fucking hate Spurs too, especially Deli bulb heed Ali. Wish Lascelles had snapped the cunt in half at the end there, the smug looking fucking twat face that he is. They did not deserve a win there mind.

He did in the home game, won the ball as well. Alli was fewmin about it. Was glorious.

Rafa has performed miracles turning the majority of our players around. Wish he could do it with our shitty strikers though.

With the defence and midfield he has, they have all improved. Wingers and attackers not so much but that's because they either have the quality or don't. He has transformed Diame, Shelves, Lascelles and Yedlin to some degree

Always this time of year I’m reminded just how unfair and unbalanced football is. They bring on £30m Lemela, we bring on Joselu who’s worth about the same as a KFC bargain bucket.

Ugh. Bring on next season I suppose.

Epitomises our problems really. They didn't need to play at our level because they've got a (exceptionally good) finisher and we don't.

that's glass half empty. Glass half full is that lack of a decent forward kept us from beating a team with loads to play for and we've created chances all season.

If we had a normal owner I'd already be so looking forward to next season.

Always this time of year I’m reminded just how unfair and unbalanced football is. They bring in £30m Lemela, we bring on Joselu who’s worth about the same as a KFC bargain bucket.

Not sure I'd want Lamela. Stokes spending should be a message on that regard (big spending always works)

Guest firetotheworks

Epitomises our problems really. They didn't need to play at our level because they've got a (exceptionally good) finisher and we don't.

that's glass half empty. Glass half full is that lack of a decent forward kept us from beating a team with loads to play for and we've created chances all season.

I'm not being all down about it or owt. :lol: There was a lot to take from it, but it was mainly that we need a striker.

I just wish we had an ounce of cutting edge. Roll on the transfer window.

:lol:

Loving the blind optimism with no regard for history.

No matter what the budget a new striker is coming in man.

I hope :lol:

Always this time of year I’m reminded just how unfair and unbalanced football is. They bring in £30m Lemela, we bring on Joselu who’s worth about the same as a KFC bargain bucket.

Not sure I'd want Lamela. Stokes spending should be a message on that regard.

I would argue Stoke were more undone by the shit sandwich of Hughes and Lambert than their (admittedly poor) spending. But the principal of the haves versus the have nots remains.

I'm not being all down about it or owt. :lol: There was a lot to take from it, but it was mainly that we need a striker.

Oh definitely.

Despite the performance tonight, which was great bar the finishing, we are on a pretty awful run, 4 defeats on the bounce. Probably need to win  on Sunday to keep 10th spot, Palace are the big danger, think they are at home to Brom or something.

Not sure I'd want Lamela. Stokes spending should be a message on that regard.

I would argue Stoke were more undone by the shit sandwich of Hughes and Lambert than their (admittedly poor) spending. But the principal of the haves versus the have nots remains.

Spending big gives you a better chance but it's not the be all. Especially if you aren't one of the "elite" who can literally afford to replace 20million flops without it affecting the club.

Shelvey must be fucking sick having to play with them two useless twats ahead of him. Lets hope Chelsea is the last we see of them.

It was good of both centre halves to give Harry / Deli  an easy game. World Cup around the corner and not one crunching tackle.