Group A - Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay - URU & RUS advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It always sucks. I get that they want to spotlight the home country, but it gets everyone excited for more then just ends.

Think of it as if you just kissed a girl you really fancy, but opted to not come in for a coffee as a gentleman, and instead get dirty deeds done right the day after. And then some. My attitude right now :lol:

Golovin the first ever goalscorer for Russia born after the collapse of Soviet Union.

When Gadzinsky scored his goal (probably offside, yeah) it was 1am in his home city Vladivostok. We is well propa huge, like. :lol:

Cherchesov still acting as a bit of a tit after the match :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

From what I saw of the game, it was a decent watch. 5-0 goals on open day should set the tournament up nicely.

Golovin the first ever goalscorer for Russia born after the collapse of Soviet Union.

When Gadzinsky scored his goal (probably offside, yeah) it was 1am in his home city Vladivostok. We is well propa huge, like. :lol:

Fedyan is the new GOAT poster

Bit shit there's only 1 game on opening day like, gagging for more now :lol:

Ana, wish there was another at 7!

This 100%, fucking can't wait for tomorrow morning.

Roll on Saturday, football all day :megusta:

Calling someone a goat, ram or elk is actually an insult in Russian :lol: But thanks, I know what it usually means in your forrin English :lol:

Alexander Ovechkin is bringing the Stanley Cup home, wants to show it to mom and dad and the kids at Dynamo Moscow hockey academy. We are all very proud of our boy. He also wants to show it to Leo Messi. God, if it ever happens, will be like one of the most viral sports things ever, since Sasha is a bit of a character to put it mildly, tons of quotes on everything and anything. Fingers crossed :lol:

Game against Egypt will be in Piter, heavy rain projected. Good thing their stadium has a retractable roof, like. Already dreading about Salah cruising past Kutepov :lol:

Will try to watch Egypt Uruguay in a fanzone. Got a bit jealous of all the fun people are having with those forrin hordes in town :lol:

Calling someone a goat, ram or elk is actually an insult in Russian :lol: But thanks, I know what it usually means in your forrin English :lol:

Alexander Ovechkin is bringing the Stanley Cup home, wants to show it to mom and dad and the kids at Dynamo Moscow hockey academy. We are all very proud of our boy. He also wants to show it to Leo Messi. God, if it ever happens, will be like one of the most viral sports things ever, since Sasha is a bit of a character to put it mildly, tons of quotes on everything and anything. Fingers crossed :lol:

Game against Egypt will be in Piter, heavy rain projected. Good thing their stadium has a retractable roof, like. Already dreading about Salah cruising past Kutepov :lol:

Will try to watch Egypt Uruguay in a fanzone. Got a bit jealous of all the fun people are having with those forrin hordes in town :lol:

:lol: please stay forever.

Another fun pub quiz fact of the day. Turns out that Golovin goal is the first succesful direct free kick by any USSR/Russia player ever at any World Cup. Hand on my heart, I was genuinely astounded to learn that.

Another fun pub quiz fact - first player ever to be booked during a World Cup match was none other than our defender Evgeny Lovchev during Mexico 70. Even more interstengly, he had an absolutely magnificent nickname among our squad members that summer. Stinky. Due to constant whining and being a bit of a killjoy. You are welcome.

Another fun pub quiz fact of the day. Turns out that Golovin goal is the first succesful direct free kick by any USSR/Russia player ever at any World Cup. Hand on my heart, I was genuinely astounded to learn that.

Another fun pub quiz fact - first player ever to be booked during a World Cup match was none other than our defender Evgeny Lovchev during Mexico 70. Even more interstengly, he had an absolutely magnificent nickname among our squad members that summer. Stinky. Due to constant whining and being a bit of a killjoy. You are welcome.

No idea if it's already been mentioned but that lad who got your second and fourth is also the first substitute to score in the opening game of a World Cup.

No idea if it's already been mentioned but that lad who got your second and fourth is also the first substitute to score in the opening game of a World Cup.

Just realized that neither Gadzinky, nor Cheryshev are in the Panini album. Life is pain :(