Group C - France, Australia, Peru, Denmark - FRA & DEN advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

France have been everything shit about football in this match like. Mainly that Hernandez tit, mind, it has to be said.

As undoubtedly brilliant as Greizmann is, they look much more balanced with Giroud. I'd be tempted to play Giroud with two of Greizmann, Mbappe, or Dembele either side.

Based on today's evidence Dembele and Tolisso should be dropped. Both quite awful.

Yeah, but Dembele's blatantly not awful, so a change in formation might help. They've all been fairly rubbish.

What ever it is they need to find the right balance, what they put out today just felt like it restricted everyone.

Regarding VAR, utter joke we can't hear what is being said between ref and var centre.  Makes the whole thing I transparent.

Also did the ref think it wasn't a foul, or did he just wait for VAR?

Agree totally with the first paragraph

Correct decision.

The only problem was the fact play carried on for like 30 seconds then he brought it all the way back.  Can't stop the play evey time a player goes down in the box either though

The replay shows the ball deviates slightly which means he touched the ball. They f***ed up.

Touching a ball slightly doesnt mean that it isnt a foul..

It means he won the ball so unless it was reckless (or he does something else like pull the player down with his arm) then aye it literally does.

No it doesnt. The follow through clips Griezmann's legs when he is clean through. 100% penalty.

The follow up had about as much purchase as a hair. I'm sick of this whole contact=foul nonsense. The game's dead when fans of the game are perpetuating this bollocks.

This man.

Why aren't all challenges that have follow through not given as fouls then if that's the rule? 

Because usually the dont take away a goalscoring chance like in this case? Funny that there are still people who think "winning the ball=always a fair tackle"

Correct decision.

The only problem was the fact play carried on for like 30 seconds then he brought it all the way back.  Can't stop the play evey time a player goes down in the box either though

The replay shows the ball deviates slightly which means he touched the ball. They f***ed up.

It means he won the ball so unless it was reckless (or he does something else like pull the player down with his arm) then aye it literally does.

No it doesnt. The follow through clips Griezmann's legs when he is clean through. 100% penalty.

The follow up had about as much purchase as a hair. I'm sick of this whole contact=foul nonsense. The game's dead when fans of the game are perpetuating this bollocks.

This man.

Why aren't all challenges that have follow through not given as fouls then if that's the rule? 

Because usually the dont take away a goalscoring chance like in this case? Funny that there are still people who think "winning the ball=always a fair tackle"

Nobody believes this. If a tackle is reckless for example then winning the ball is irrelevant. Please explain how winning the ball in this case didn't negate the contact that came afterwards?

Like what was it about the tackle that was wrong?

Guest firetotheworks

Correct decision.

This man.

Not at all, but fairly winning the ball (IE the ball is won without excessive force and is no longer under the player in possession's control) before anything else happens is nigh on always a fair tackle. In this case that applied, like.

Going on about Australia being hard done too ffs.

They’ve had one shot on target, a pen after a total brain fart from France.

Aye France we’re totally shite but Australia just ran around and fouled a lot before they ran out of legs. Fuck em.

Guest firetotheworks

[emoji38] Lawrenson is such a downer, negative at every fucking turn.

Embrace it, it just makes it hilarious. He's at the greatest footballing spectacle on earth, has no skin in this game at all, and yet he's still absolutely devastated. [emoji38] I can only ever hope to attain that level of misery.

he was a savant in PES 09, this is genuinely genius:

"The keeper needs to have an operation to have his hands sewn back on"

"When it came to him he was like a cow in a field!"

"Now I don't teach my gran to suck eggs, but I always knew they could win this game".

"Call himself a keeper? He couldn't keep bees!"

"He's got a better dribble than your baby, Jon!"

"He could probably open a can of beans with his left foot"

"Remind this fella don't catch my wages 'cause he can't he's absolutely hopeless."

"What a stoomer that is. Good goal mind."

"Hurry up Jon, they're about to lock the stadium up."

[emoji38] [emoji38] Lost it at "He couldn't keep bees!" Particularly as keeping bees is in fact really difficult. [emoji38]

Like a kid with a new toy

Just fuck off Lawrenson man you tedious sack of shit. What a complete tosspot man

The guy is an absolute fucking knacker like.

His attempts at humour are criminal.

Aye France we’re totally shite but Australia just ran around and fouled a lot before they ran out of legs. Fuck em.

France did fuck all either though. Draw would've been fair

So did France just have a number of full backs injured coming into the tournament or something?

Or is this just the best they currently have to offer?

Aye, Sidibe and Mendy are both injured.

Ah, I see. That's a shame for them. Going to be a big issue.

Probably earned a draw. Ran out of legs and no depth (not even an XI). A point would have been an excellent result, and fair enough on balance.

Not to be. Denmark next :(

Guest firetotheworks

That was weird, I thought I must have paused at some point, but nah it's just fucked. [emoji38]