Group C - France, Australia, Peru, Denmark - FRA & DEN advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Love when people talk about how much contact footballers going at full pace should be able to take without losing their balance

The only two people who clearly know anything are the fouler and the fouled but to me he pretty obviously didn’t lose his balance, it’s scandalously practiced and deliberate. Most of the time when you’re fouled, you can’t control your body shape at all, some of these fuckers turn it into a Superman impression. That cunt for Iran late in the game yesterday rolled about 19 times after a trip with a look on his face like he’d been stabbed. Can’t really prove any of it like  [emoji38]

Aye, I'm not disputing that players do dive sometimes

Guest firetotheworks

When you're running really quick the lightest touch of your foot/leg can completely throw you off balance. Slow motion replays don't help with assessing contact either IMO

No one's saying that's wrong, but players do stay on their feet in those situations.

wtf?

Went through the back of his leg and didn't touch the ball right?! :lol:

Again, no VAR and absolutely nothing from the commentators who didn't even question it. Strange.

Whoever's on the BBC laughed it off "definitey not a penalty"

eh

Yeah :lol:

He said that just as they were showing the close up of the guy being kicked. So bizarre.

https://gfycat.com/BlueFarArabianwildcat

blatant man. Just as blatant as the Argentina one that wasnt reviewed, yet this one there was absolutely no mention of either in commentary or post match

Can see this group being decided after round 2, after those results. Denmark and France to both win comfortably, leaving a final round of "fighting to be first" and "fighting not to go pointless".

Strange view considering how the games went. Australia were a bit unlucky and Peru were much the better side against Denmark

Can see this group being decided after round 2, after those results. Denmark and France to both win comfortably, leaving a final round of "fighting to be first" and "fighting not to go pointless".

Strange view considering how the games went. Australia were a bit unlucky and Peru were much the better side against Denmark

Hope it does remain competitive. Australia getting a result against Denmark and Peru beating France would be great.

First game today is what the world cup is all about.  Denmark v Australia friendly in the middle of the season? I'd rather be doing pretty much anything else.  World Cup? Oh this might be interesting, gotta watch

Isn't that most world cup group stage games?

I left work early to watch Russia vs Saudi Arabia [emoji38]

Same :lol: Was a great decision too.

I've been doing 7am starts for the last 2 weeks to escape for 4pm kick offs.

Isn't that most world cup group stage games?

I left work early to watch Russia vs Saudi Arabia [emoji38]

Aye, I only just realised I was actually doing this when I thought about the games today though. The missus (unsurprisingly) doesnt understand it

First game today is what the world cup is all about.  Denmark v Australia friendly in the middle of the season? I'd rather be doing pretty much anything else.  World Cup? Oh this might be interesting, gotta watch

Both of these teams have it all to play for, how is it a «friendly»? Those don’t happen until the third round, usually :lol:

Guest neesy111

:serious:

Both of these teams have it all to play for, how is it a «friendly»? Those don’t happen until the third round, usually :lol:

:lol: That's not what he's saying at all, Kaz.

This has been surprisingly good. Aus play some good shit.

Guest neesy111

Anything must look good compared to the USAHAHAHAAHA

:lol: Still flying high after hitting that buzzer beater vs world power Tunisia, I see.

Guest neesy111

:lol: Still flying high after hitting that buzzer beater vs world power Tunisia, I see.

It's Coming Home.