Group D - Argentina, Iceland, Croatia, Nigeria - CRO & ARG advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Short memories. Ronaldo played against Iceland in the last Euros and was absolutely shit. Spanked about seven free kicks into the wall or into the stands.

Missed a pen, also. But CR7 doesn't miss pens...

Eh, Evra & Larsson saying Messi didn't perform well? Absolute horseshit he done literally all he could other than score.

I thought he was fairly poor, tbh, by his ridiculous standard. It does not help that 90 percent of his teammates seems to be staring at him waiting for something to happen the majority of the match.

What happened with the obvious penalty for Argentina that did not even get checked by VAR? I do not understand this thing at all? :lol: Does the referee ask for it or is it called for by the VAR referees? It seems bizarre.

Aye, i was shocked how little initiative his team mates took tbh. It's like it was a bunch of kids looking up to their idol.

Messi tends to be sitting fairly central all the time. Going to be difficult to get him on the ball.

Should take up the kind of positions Hazard does in Chelsea's 3-4-2-1. Start a bit wide and drift around from there.

You seen how heavily he gets marked though? Players literally follow Messi around wherever he goes. Can't really compare him with Hazard, it's a different picture.

I just wanted to see he him out wide at times also, where he would have had more opportunities to run at them and make something happen. Was way too central the whole match.

The Argentina setup doesn't look too great going forward.

It's an awesome result for Nigeria I have to say. If we can get a victory tonight we are in great shape.

It's a tough ask though, but now at least a draw or loss even, still keeps things tight in the group.

Guest firetotheworks

Messi tends to be sitting fairly central all the time. Going to be difficult to get him on the ball.

Should take up the kind of positions Hazard does in Chelsea's 3-4-2-1. Start a bit wide and drift around from there.

Kaka giving Messi tips. [emoji38]

Fucking love a class defensive display. Great watch. Also, fuck Messi. God I hate his fucking cunt ass face.

This is blasphemy. How can you hate Messi? Even I love him ffs. 

Kaka giving Messi tips. [emoji38]

Think he's giving Sampaoli some tips, because honestly, I agree :lol: Messis positioning was to predictable today. Wide he'll either get more space or he'll create more space centrally for his teammates.

Fucking love a class defensive display. Great watch. Also, fuck Messi. God I hate his fucking cunt ass face.

You are talking to the guy who calls Lebron a fraud tbf.

He’s like a non-shit Michael Owen. That’s why. He’s talented but by god that’s all there is to him. Bet he doesn’t even watch movies.

Guest neesy111

f***ing love a class defensive display. Great watch. Also, f*** Messi. God I hate his f***ing c*** ass face.

WAT

I’ve never even been to the NBA thread :lol:

Bad start by the Argies. They always live life on the edge, but this was really poor. They look toothless. Messi can’t dribble around everyone like he’s 25 anymore, they need more movement and they need to be more direct just to change it up.

I’ve never even been to the NBA thread :lol:

:lol: My bad my brain thought Kaka wrote that for some reason. In all fairness it's exactly what i'd expect Kaka to say tbf.

He’s like a non-shit Michael Owen. That’s why. He’s talented but by god that’s all there is to him. Bet he doesn’t even watch movies.

Likening Messi to Michael Owen, i've heard it all now. :lol:

Likening Messi to Michael Owen, i've heard it all now. :lol:

Clearly referencing the lack of a human personality. I’m not saying Messi’s not one of the best footballers in history. Just that I want to punch his fucking face in every time he’s on TV.

I think it’s pretty fun that Ronaldo exploded last night and Messi was relatively poor today. Football’s a lot more fun with this kind of drama. It’s awesome to see them push each other like this. Hope Messi can respond in the next match.

I think it’s pretty fun that Ronaldo exploded last night and Messi was relatively poor today. Football’s a lot more fun with this kind of drama. It’s awesome to see them push each other like this. Hope Messi can respond in the next match.

:lol: gonna be laughs when he goes hog wild on Nigeria