Group D - Argentina, Iceland, Croatia, Nigeria - CRO & ARG advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

Why do they continue to let him take penalties man? I really don't get it. Ego? It doesn't make any sense.

gotta try and prove he's better than Ronaldo somehow

Prob his goals and assists already do that

And literally everything else except penalties and headers.

I'd say Cronaldo has(/had) more pace, strength and leadership* too.

Bit ineffable, granted, but he functions better in a one-man show better than Messi IMO.

I don't think he has more strength and pace, especially on-the-ball pace. I dunno, Messi has more take-on-an-entire-team-and-score. That'll always impress me more.

Why do they continue to let him take penalties man? I really don't get it. Ego? It doesn't make any sense.

gotta try and prove he's better than Ronaldo somehow

Prob his goals and assists already do that

And literally everything else except penalties and headers.

I'd say Cronaldo has(/had) more pace, strength and leadership* too.

Bit ineffable, granted, but he functions better in a one-man show better than Messi IMO.

I don't think he has more strength and pace, especially on-the-ball pace. I dunno, Messi has more take-on-an-entire-team-and-score. That'll always impress me more.

Ben Arfa is better anyway

Feckless so far from Messi and why the fuck they let him take penalties I've no idea. All Argentina try to do is get the ball to Messi, don't they know that in Aguero they have one of the worlds greatest strikers playing.

Feckless so far from Messi and why the fuck they let him take penalties I've no idea. All Argentina try to do is get the ball to Messi, don't they know that in Aguero they have one of the worlds greatest strikers playing.

There's a definite Ben Arfa effect going on with Portugal and Argentina. Whenever their icon has the ball, things stand still, and equally they always lose a half second looking to them first when there are better options on for them.

I meant raw pace FWIW. Not a trifling attribute IMO.

You invested in a thesaurus recently?

No I just talk like/am a wanker.

:lol: damn, feel bad for that joke now

:laugh:

Having Pavon on to stretch the play has made Argentina look so much more dangerous.

I don't think there is as much for Portugal as they know that Ronaldo can't do it all by himself, whereas Messi actually can take on half of your team and score.