Group D - Argentina, Iceland, Croatia, Nigeria - CRO & ARG advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The reason he doesn't play outwide much is because he doesn't track back how he used to so it just majorly imbalances the team defensively if he plays out wide.

You can cover for it more when he's in the middle.

Not saying to change the formation, but just have him drift into those wide positions.

In their setup the wingback is covering that side anyway, along with the central midfielder on that side, who seemed to be staying deep.

Thought they could have done more to help him have an impact today. Felt bad for him, as it was so congested in the middle.

Also with him in the middle all the time I felt it encouraged the get the ball to Messi always approach.

Guest firetotheworks

Fucking love a class defensive display. Great watch. Also, fuck Messi. God I hate his fucking cunt ass face.

This is blasphemy. How can you hate Messi? Even I love him ffs. 

He’s like a non-shit Michael Owen. That’s why. He’s talented but by god that’s all there is to him. Bet he doesn’t even watch movies.

Pahahaha. For once I'm speechless.

I think it’s pretty fun that Ronaldo exploded last night and Messi was relatively poor today. Football’s a lot more fun with this kind of drama. It’s awesome to see them push each other like this. Hope Messi can respond in the next match.

:lol: gonna be laughs when he goes hog wild on Nigeria

i think messi is fucked tbh, this is his 4th world cup and it looks like they've got another manager without a clue how to put together a system that gets the best from him

their best bet will be to scrape through the groups then come up against stronger teams who will try to play against them, they're fucking hopeless against teams that sit deep like today

Buzzing for Nigeria to win this group

Hope Nigeria knocks Argentina the fuck out.

God bless you brothers.

We will do our very best for you.

In all seriousness though ... the nerves have started kicking in man. Urgh, kind of wish we weren't playing so soon. Could have waited a few more days I think.

Eh, Evra & Larsson saying Messi didn't perform well? Absolute horseshit he done literally all he could other than score.

He couldn't score a penalty against a 34 year old semi pro :lol:

thought this was excellent and nails the messi/argentina problem tactically

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/15/lionel-messi-argentina-world-cup-final-chance-win

he needs to be in a functioning system where everyone contributes as they're supposed to, whereas ronaldo (and portugal) on the other hand have realised their system only needs to function insomuch as not letting the other team score and looking for ronaldo off the shoulder/with crosses at every conceivable opportunity because he leads the line as well as any forward in the world

the argies give the ball to messi deep and he's constantly running into a mass of players...it'll work sometimes but not even messi can overcome those odds tactically all the time...they'd be better off putting him on the wing imo as at least tactically it would open up the centre for the likes of ageuro etc.

God bless you brothers.

In all seriousness though ... the nerves have started kicking in man. Urgh, kind of wish we weren't playing so soon. Could have waited a few more days I think.

Whoäs gonna start up top? Hoping for Kelechi but I guess not?

Fucking love a class defensive display. Great watch. Also, fuck Messi. God I hate his fucking cunt ass face.

He’s like a non-shit Michael Owen. That’s why. He’s talented but by god that’s all there is to him. Bet he doesn’t even watch movies.

Classic defense when the opposing view is the correct one :smugdog:

God bless you brothers.

Whoäs gonna start up top? Hoping for Kelechi but I guess not?

Pretty sure it will be Ighalo. I'd like to see Kelechi also though, but due to his lack of playing time at Leicester don't think he's being preferred by the manager.

According to the reporters in the camp, the starting XI for Nigeria will be something like this:

Uzoho

Shehu  Omeruo  Troost-Ekong  Idowu

Mikel        Ndidi

Iwobi          Etebo              Moses

Ighalo

Balogun has a late fitness test and if he is available he will replace Omerruo. Mikel is pushed back to his Chelsea position rather than the #10 he plays for us in Africa. I don't believe he has the lungs to play that position in the way Rohr will prefer against a side like Croatia. This tells me that there will be a straight forward counter-attacking approach. Ndidi breaking up, and Mikel spraying the ball forward to quick attackers in Etebo, Moses, and Iwobi playing behind a target man in Ighalo. I would expect Iheanacho, Musa, and Onazi to be the primary substitutes depending on the situation in the match.

Of course, these are Nigerian journalists, so this may be 100% lies. :lol:

A football fan who doesn't like Messi isn't a proper football fan

Guest firetotheworks

Nah. It's a shame that this is your whole schtick now though.

Nah. It's a shame that this is your whole schtick now though.

Unimpressive.

[emoji38] Dying for Messi to get something here.

hehehehehehe

So are you dead yet?

[emoji38] Big talk considering Y'all gonna get beat later. Saving it for the Nigeria game.

Croatia are a bit shit, Mike. Don’t dig your own grave just yet (which I might do for myself now  by calling croatia shit :lol: )

hehehehehehe

So are you dead yet?

[emoji38] Big talk considering Y'all gonna get beat later. Saving it for the Nigeria game.

I think you need to leave the forum for today, Mike. Your husband, Trinidad, has been calling for you

hehehehehehe

So are you dead yet?

Croatia are a bit shit, Mike. Don’t dig your own grave just yet (which I might do for myself now  by calling croatia shit :lol: )

I mean they have Modrić, Rakitić, Mandžukić , Perišić, Brozović, Subašić, Kovačić, Kramarić.

Thats a pretty decent team on paper.

hehehehehehe

So are you dead yet?

I mean they have Modrić, Rakitić, Mandžukić , Perišić, Brozović, Subašić, Kovačić, Kramarić.

Thats a pretty decent team on paper.

Admittedly just watched them four times in the qualifiers, but each time they looked kinda shit. Made Iceland look great, for instance. Just feel like they’ll be one of the sides that’ll really fail to impress this time. Just a feeling, so could be horribly wrong. Actually also expecting nigeria to not be horrible this time :lol:

hehehehehehe

So are you dead yet?

I think you need to leave the forum for today, Mike. Your husband, Trinidad, has been calling for you

The hardest part of getting at KaKa is the glancing blows on you. [emoji38]

hehehehehehe

So are you dead yet?

Man, I'm nervous I can't lie :lol:

Excited to see my guys though. When does your lot play?

hehehehehehe

So are you dead yet?

tenor.gif

hehehehehehe

So are you dead yet?

I'm not Mike and I feel sucker punched after that first line. Fuck :lol: :lol: Nicely done Kaka you absolute bastard.