Group D - Argentina, Iceland, Croatia, Nigeria - CRO & ARG advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

That's the sort of match I'd watch with my dad (who isn't that arsed about football) after a solid decade of me banging on to him that Messi's the greatest footballer of all time.

How did I ever think Sampaoili was a good manager

He was fantastic with Chile. Difference being he had a blank canvas there, and with Argentina he doesn’t have the freedom to not run things through Messi.

Fuck sake. Fair play Iceland but christ I'm glad they're the only team who play like that.

There's a group of Icelandic Coaches touring the US this summer putting on camps for youth players to teach them to play the Icelandic way. Just what U.S. youth soccer needs!

How did I ever think Sampaoili was a good manager

He was fantastic with Chile. Difference being he had a blank canvas there, and with Argentina he doesn’t have the freedom to not run things through Messi.

Nah he’s a creep. Leaving Icardi at home and leaving Dybala on the bench and playing Di Maria was enough for me to feel he’s not all up to it.

Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Fuck sake. Fair play Iceland but christ I'm glad they're the only team who play like that.

They got two starters playing in the Icelandic league, not sure what people expect  :lol:

Nah it's completely fair enough. I just found it really annoying to watch and I'm glad other games will be more open.

That's the sort of match I'd watch with my dad (who isn't that arsed about football) after a solid decade of me banging on to him that Messi's the greatest footballer of all time.

Tbf not much more Messi himself could’ve done (bottled pen aside).

There's a group of Icelandic Coaches touring the US this summer putting on camps for youth players to teach them to play the Icelandic way. Just what U.S. youth soccer needs!

I admire the energy & effort, but fuck me if all football was played that way I would not be here on a football forum like  :lol:

Messi stop taking penalties please. Also Argentina's players need to grow some balls, even when Messi was in terrible positions they ignored better options to pass to him.

I get he's your best player but showing a bit of individualism would be nice.