Group D - Argentina, Iceland, Croatia, Nigeria - CRO & ARG advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Never a penalty.

Can't believe Argentina scraped through, considering how bad they were. Messi's trying his best but it's like building a house on quicksand.

As unimpressive as France have been, they should have a field day against this lot. But I'm going to enjoy tonight, at least.

Fuck man. I would never, ever have thought we'd make it to a World Cup. Would have needed to be ridiculously clinical to emerge from the group stages, but still I'm ridiculously proud of the team and I can't believe this has happened. Feel very sorry for Nigeria, they have a nice team and amazing fans but Messi deserves another chance. Feel I can now enjoy the World Cup without the threat of an imminent stroke.

Argues have to get Aguero, Dybala and Messi on the pitch together. Not sure how exactly, but they have to do it

I think it's difficult to get all 3 on the pitch

I don't see why they can't just play them 3 up front like personally. Mascherano, Banega and whoever else in midfield and it's fine.

For selfish reasons, I'd have liked to have seen Argentina go out, but they were the better side. Nigeria looked athletic, but lacked technique and that made the difference in the end. No-one in the Nigerian side would have had much chance of putting away those two goals.

It'll be a fresh start for Argentina now, so I wouldn't write them off.