Group F - Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea - SWE & MEX advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Feel like if they implemented this VAR in the premier league it would benefit the likes of us. Referees who are too spineless to give us penalties against the likes of the Manchester teams wouldn't have a choice. Liking it more and more.

Guest neesy111

Is it solely up to the ref whether they go to the VAR?

Yes, but he can get told that he should go to VAR.  I suspect he got told that it looked a certain pen from his VAR helpers.

Guest neesy111

Feel like if they implemented this VAR in the premier league it would benefit the likes of us. Referees who are too spineless to give us penalties against the likes of the Manchester teams wouldn't have a choice. Liking it more and more.

Hence why big teams will try to stop it.

They'll be able to make it faster, but this VAR is a million times better than last year.

:thup:

The refs are making decisions pretty quickly, but the confused delay after moments like that is a bit :undecided:

Not too sure how they'll make it much faster mind, other than the VAR ref just being an efficient minority report type motherfucker.

Guest neesy111

They'll be able to make it faster, but this VAR is a million times better than last year.

:thup:

The refs are making decisions pretty quickly, but the confused delay after moments like that is a bit :undecided:

Not too sure how they'll make it much faster mind, other than the VAR ref just being an efficient minority report type motherfucker.

Surely the ref can have bendable screen device that he can fit in his pocket to view decisions on?  That would save a decent amount of time.

VAR took too long to bring back, but correct decision in the end.

These guys are not robots, it will always take time. It took what? 20 seconds? Not too bad really.

VAR took too long to bring back, but correct decision in the end.

These guys are not robots, it will always take time. It took what? 20 seconds? Not too bad really.

Yup and you couldn't tell from every angle who got the touch on the ball.

That's because of the change to offside rule to mean that marginal offsides are never called unless there's a goal or penalty resulting from it.

This is what's allowing them to only use it when there's a 'clear and obvious error' but it's a pretty huge change to the game.

There's no reason for the ref to be involved anyway, just let the people in a room with 30 screens decide

I debated this but I'm not sure about it. If the argument is that so many decisions are subjective, then it should be up to one ref to make the decisions. The VAR guy having ultimate power seems like a recipe for disaster.

Getting rid of the on-pitch ref and having an all powerful hologram VAR ref would work for me.

Guest neesy111

There's no reason for the ref to be involved anyway, just let the people in a room with 30 screens decide

I debated this but I'm not sure about it. If the argument is that so many decisions are subjective, then it should be up to one ref to make the decisions. The VAR guy having ultimate power seems like a recipe for disaster.

Getting rid of the on-pitch ref and having an all powerful hologram VAR ref would work for me.

5 years time AI will be able to make decisions.

I still think a Cricket style format would be best, where by a team gets a certain amount of reviews per game.

there's way too many cynical managers who'd abuse that to break up momentum in a game waste time etc for that to work, I'm not a fan of VAR but if it has to be in then the current system they're using is probably as good as it gets