Ki Sung-gone

Guest ManDoon

i don't ever really want to see him in 2 in midfield with shelvey but having watched that feel less concerned about the rest of the season re: losing shelvey

in some ways, especially at home, he's arguably a better option than shelvey because he passes the ball and then moves himself into space which is better for the team...shelvey wants everything in front of him and is better suited to counter-attacking away from home

Guest firetotheworks

I don't think he's amazing or anything, but it seems to have clicked for him and he's doing miles better than he was.

Tweeted something after the Chelsea game about him lacking bottle and had quite a few replies from Swansea fans saying it depends what mood he's in. Apparently he's prone to hiding/putting in little effort if he's not feeling up to it, which does happen. If the team are doing well and he's in the mood, he's quality.

Hopefully he's on a high after the last two performances and long may it continue.

When we discuss the options for midfield, I actually think Diame and Ki are more dynamic as a pairing than any pairing with Shelvey. Jonjo's obviously a lot more talented, but both Ki and Diame seem to buzz about the engine room a lot more, whereas Shelvey tends to sit deeper. If you are going to press the opposition, Diame and Ki would be the ones you pick.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

He got the ball higher up the pitch and did things quicker than I think shelvey has in recent weeks. Could never see them playing together, teams would just run straight through the middle of us