Round of 16 - SWE 1-0 SWI

STM

Nope, never said one way or the other. Your words them.

If I had to have any preference/choice of teams to come up against, I would sooner make that choice based on form/last match rather than names anyway.

Do you think Sweden were more impressive today than Brazil yesterday?

I didn't watch either game in their entirety. But no, probably not. Not sure how that disproves the point I was making mind.

I was asking Kaiz. Brazil were clearly better yesterday than Sweden were today so his point was wrong

What point? I’m mocking IC for not wanting the «easy» route. If anything, I’m making the opposite point you think i’m making.

Take that you Albanian Eagle celebrating c*** f***s, get the f*** out of this World Cup!

:pokerface:

If they f***ing love Kosovo so much, they had the chance to play for them and make them better. Instead Kosovo is still s***. Hlory hunting c***s.

You can be proud of being from two nations

Kosovo was recognised by FIFA in May 2016.

Shaqiri made his international debut in 2010. Not going to wait for something that might never happen when he has dual nation eligibility.

Again, you’re allowed to switch when a new nation is recognised by FIFA. How else would Kosovo have enough players to even field a team? Most of their current players represented other nations before.

Players previously representing:

7 for Albania

1 for Switzerland

3 Germany U21

1 Sweden

5 Norway (3 U21 - 2 A-Team)

1 Austria

all in their most recent squad.

Take that you Albanian Eagle celebrating c*** f***s, get the f*** out of this World Cup!

If they f***ing love Kosovo so much, they had the chance to play for them and make them better. Instead Kosovo is still s***. Hlory hunting c***s.

Shaqiri made his international debut in 2010. Not going to wait for something that might never happen when he has dual nation eligibility.

Again, you’re allowed to switch when a new nation is recognised by FIFA. How else would Kosovo have enough players to even field a team? Most of their current players represented other nations before.

7 for Albania

1 for Switzerland

3 Germany U21

1 Sweden

1 Austria

When you are an established member of another country that regularity qualifies for the big tournaments, you consider that nation home, you are not going to pull out of the squad on the eave of the European Championships to play for the country you are from, even though you haven't lived there for 20 years. No matter how passionate you are about your heritage. You can't change if you played an international game after the date the new administration was recognised by FIFA.

Presume you're as strongly opposed to Sterling playing for England? Costa for Spain? No idea if you have any non Norwegian born players in your national team but I presume you are leading a vitriolic hate campaign against their involvement in the national team given how you're going on here.

7 for Albania

1 for Switzerland

3 Germany U21

1 Sweden

1 Austria

When you are an established member of another country that regularity qualifies for the big tournaments, you consider that nation home, you are not going to pull out of the squad on the eave of the European Championships to play for the country you are from, even though you haven't lived there for 20 years. No matter how passionate you are about your heritage. You can't change if you played an international game after the date the new administration was recognised by FIFA.

Presume you're as strongly opposed to Sterling playing for England? Costa for Spain? No idea if you have any non Norwegian born players in your national team but I presume you are leading a vitriolic hate campaign against their involvement in the national team given how you're going on here.

:dowie:

It's not about them playing for Switzerland though, it's about them being so passionate about Kosovo while playing for Switzerland.

7 for Albania

1 for Switzerland

3 Germany U21

1 Sweden

1 Austria

:dowie:

It's not about them playing for Switzerland though, it's about them being so passionate about Kosovo while playing for Switzerland.

:thup:

I have no issue with someone playing for the country they call home, even if they or their parents/grandparents were born elsewhere. But if you 100% seem to identify as a Kosovo national, even saying so in interviews, you should have chosen to represent them rather than stay with a national team that’s clearly second in your heart - even if the chance of tournaments are lower if you change. It’s disrespectful to both Switzerland AND Kosovo.

it’s not about their identity as Kosovan nationals, it’s about their Albanian ethnicity.

5b2d5b6d2000004200b9532c.jpeg?ops=scalefit_720_noupscale

_102172514_xhaka_shaqiri_epa.jpg

Not the same as playing with another flag on your equipment, though I’m not a fan of the political implications in a football match - but they got fined. However, imagine Ben Arfa playing with a PSG logo on ‘cause he grew up a PSG fan. It’s just disrespectful and dumb. You’ve made a choice about who to represent, whatever you feel otherwise has no place on your equipment.

it’s not about their identity as Kosovan nationals, it’s about their Albanian ethnicity.

Not the same as playing with another flag on your equipment, though I’m not a fan of the political implications in a football match - but they got fined. However, imagine Ben Arfa playing with a PSG logo on ‘cause he grew up a PSG fan.

Fuck off is it anything like that all. It's a very complex geopolitical situation that resulted in war and conflict for many years and still ongoing new politically with Serbia not recognising Kosovo.

Comparing that to having another club badge on your boots man. Fucking hell.

Not the same as playing with another flag on your equipment, though I’m not a fan of the political implications in a football match - but they got fined. However, imagine Ben Arfa playing with a PSG logo on ‘cause he grew up a PSG fan.

Fuck off is it anything like that all. It's a very complex geopolitical situation that resulted in war and conflict for many years and still ongoing new politically with Serbia not recognising Kosovo.

Comparing that to having another club badge on your boots man. Fucking hell.

It has nothing to do on anyone’s equipment. That’s the point. I’m not discussing the intricacy of Balkan here. I’m saying no matter if you play for Switzerland, Kosovo or Curacao, nothing in your equipment should reflect another country.

Anyway, to summarize to avoid further confusion:

- I don’t think players should be allowed to have things representing other nations on their equipment when it’s not the country they are currently representing. I think it should be a universal rule for national team equipment.

- Not a fan of the political celebration because it’s unecessarily offensive for a footy game.

- Think Shaquiri is a dick for holding both Switzerland and Kosovo hostage in 2016 over captaincy. Kosovo begging him to represent them, offering captaincy up, yet him still continuing with Switzerland - and then having the gall to put a Kosovo flag on his equipment when playing for Switzerland.

Kaizero, I could argue with you, but fuck that, I spend too much time discussing the bonkers nature of the balkans as it is... and England have just won on pens, on actual fucking pens, even Shearer is singing,never thought I'd see either of those things. :lol:

Again, it's not about the bonkers nature of the balkans. I'd be equally enraged if it was a Norwegian playing with a Swiss flag on one of his boots. Or a Swiss playing with a Norwegian flag on his boot, for that matter. Hell, if it was the same situation as Shaqiri - but Norway and not Kosovo - seeing a Norwegian flag on his boot would probably have me rage so much I'd endanger myself.

But again, none of those scenarios would involve a family fleeing potential ethnic cleansing, the kosovan flag came out of that struggle (although most people don't like the flag).

Also, I don't remember this much uproar when Mustafi took pictures with the world cup doing the double-eagle hand gesture...

But again, none of those scenarios would involve a family fleeing potential ethnic cleansing, the kosovan flag came out of that struggle (although most people don't like the flag).

That's not the issue at all though. It's in no way what I'm arguing, ffs. I'm saying no player should play a national game with flags on their equipment other than the flag(s) of the nation they're representing, because:

1. It's not the country they're playing for.

2. It could create unnecessary political issues, like in this situation, where Serbia were fuming.

I fully support the independence of Kosovo, just FYI. My issue is that you represent the nation you represent - or the one you've chosen to represent, that's it. You can feel proud of being multinational as much as you want, but when you represent your country (chosen country or not) you shouldn't be allowed to put other flags on your shit.

Serbs in general are horrid, mind. Mitro's the exception. Went to their "Museum of Warfare" in Belgrade three years ago, multiple floors with stuff from 10.000 BC and onwards, but nothing from the 90s :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

If some of those players felt so strongly about Kosovo why fucking represent Switzerland? Sanctimonious cunts. Bob Geldof with footy tops.