Round of 16 - SWE 1-0 SWI

STM

Brazil will beat them pretty comfortably IMO, playing De Bruyne as part of a double pivot with Witsel is dumb as all hell and Brazil's midfielders will run off the back off them all game long.

Surely Martinez will change it after seeing them overrun in midfield before the subs yesterday?

Feel bad for Japan and was totally supporting them while watching but Brazil-Belgium has the potential to be another great game. Could go either way, they're pretty even talent-wise imo.

Guest neesy111

Brazil will beat them pretty comfortably IMO, playing De Bruyne as part of a double pivot with Witsel is dumb as all hell and Brazil's midfielders will run off the back off them all game long.

This.

The tactical discipline of the Belgians was absolutely woeful.

I think Belgium will win.

Their plan A when it works is amongst the best anyway, but they showed last night that their plan B can dig them out of a hole too.

I see Belgium as slight favourites for this based on the fact we’ve been solid but nothing special. But lets not pretend they didnt dig themselves out of a hole against a very very below average side.

I think Belgium will win.

Their plan A when it works is amongst the best anyway, but they showed last night that their plan B can dig them out of a hole too.

I see Belgium as slight favourites for this based on the fact we’ve been solid but nothing special. But lets not pretend they didnt dig themselves out of a hole against a very very below average side.

That’s a bit of bullshit, man. Japan is not an extremely talented team, but they showed a hell of a lot of guile, particularly in the Belgium and Senegal games. Hard to justify calling them a below averag team in this World Cup.

Neymar <3

You don't have to pretend to like someone unlikable just because he happens to share your nationality.

:lol: Cry me a river Kaiz. Neymar was the man today. I don’t need to pretend s***.

He is a piece of shit and a cancer on the game. I have a few Brazilian friends that are reasonable enough to despise him, but support the team. Seriously too bad, because Brazil has a lot of likable players. Neymar does them a great disservice with his shit.

I think it's unfair to say Japan aren't talented. Most of their players have excellent first touch and close control, and most of them play at a decent level in Europe. They just have a lack of variety in the kind of players they have and lack physical attributes of other teams to be a genuinely dangerous team. In many ways that probably sharpens their focus towards what they're good at, so it's probably a good thing, but watching them you really wish they could find a competent goalkeeper and imposing forward from somewhere.

Wasn't a fan of Japan at the start of the tournament, but they really won me over. I do wonder whether other sides underestimate them, and how much that plays to their advantage. Belgium really stood off for the second goal and were beautifully punished.

Japan were outplayed for about 65minutes with a player more against Colombia. Missed the Senegal match, but while technically talented it’s a poor side imo.

Japan played incredibly well last night. Such disciplined use of pressing without possession and space with it. Really did make everything look very simple. The first goal they conceded was woeful and they were so daft throwing that many numbers forward at the end of the game considering they'd won bugger all in the air all night.

Those errors aside it really was a fantastic team performance considerably beyond the sum of their parts.

Love how players leave nothing of themselves out there at the World Cup. Worried that Colombia will give it everything tonight though and England will miss out.

Japan were outplayed for about 65minutes with a player more against Colombia. Missed the Senegal match, but while technically talented it’s a poor side imo.

Yeah, I thought they were fairly rubbish in the group stages and easily the worst/luckiest team to advance. Senegal outplayed them too, imo. They benefited heavily from some serious opposition errors and the new fair play rules. I thought Belgium would destroy them, tbh. :lol:

Cote D'Ivoire did similar to Japan in 2014. Japan took the lead with smart and technical play, but the Ivorians dominated and came back to win after putting Drogba on and just pumping balls in the ball into the box. It will be hard to advance their football with their physicality being such an obvious deficiency. The same with African sides and set pieces.