The World Cup Final: France 4-2 Croatia

Greg

[emoji38] So how does VAR even fucking work, btw. Like, did baldy give than pen or did one of the FKW's give it? If they gave it, why does he even go to the booth?

The agrophobic refs in the nerd booth told him to have a look I think implying he might have missed something.

Clear as day penalty. No idea what everyone is on about. His hand moves towards the ball. If that was a player who had done that against NUFC we’d all be seeing red. End of the day, you shouldn’t be moving your hand towards the ball in the area. It at least gives the illusion of being deliberate.

Personally I’d be saying exactly the same thing against NUFC, doesn’t look deliberate to me at all.

Clear as day penalty. No idea what everyone is on about. His hand moves towards the ball. If that was a player who had done that against NUFC we’d all be seeing red. End of the day, you shouldn’t be moving your hand towards the ball in the area. It at least gives the illusion of being deliberate.

He was landing, though. The ball went to where his hands were headed. Would take it if it were against NUFC but we'd know we got away with one. Plus five guys watched that and thought pen? That's wild.

[emoji38] So how does VAR even fucking work, btw. Like, did baldy give than pen or did one of the FKW's give it? If they gave it, why does he even go to the booth?

The agrophobic refs in the nerd booth told him to have a look I think implying he might have missed something.

:lol: You need five motherfuckers wearing cleats in an office to do that?

:lol: So how does VAR even fucking work, btw. Like, did baldy give than pen or did one of the FKW's give it? If they gave it, why does he even go to the booth?

I don't understand why there isn't another ref looking at the VAR why does he have to go look himself. It's like some old school British wrestling shenanigans building up the tension and working the crowd. It's needless theatrics. I thought there was supposed to be a fourth ref in charge to do that.

[emoji38] You need five motherfuckers wearing cleats in an office to do that?

No but it's the safest place for them [emoji38]

It's one of them that if it happened to a team Newcastle was playing, I'd say it's a pen. If it happened to a Newcastle player id say it wasn't.

Yup. It’s hard on Perisic, I agree, but if the bar is set at hand moving towards the ball when it comes to handballs, he doesn’t make the decision easy for the ref.

:lol: Nerd booth

:lol: So how does VAR even fucking work, btw. Like, did baldy give than pen or did one of the FKW's give it? If they gave it, why does he even go to the booth?

I don't understand why there isn't another ref looking at the VAR why does he have to go look himself. It's like some old school British wrestling shenanigans building up the tension and working the crowd. It's needless theatrics. I thought there was supposed to be a fourth ref in charge to do that.

:lol: The refs absolutely love it, man. They love being on TV. Fucking dicks.

:lol: Walking past the cubicles in a clean as fuck ref costume carrying one of those flags.

Kind of get the feeling the ref knows the rules and the way they've been told to interpret them better than we do. And he's seen it several times from different angles.

Feel bad for Croatia but you cant let stuff go just because its "harsh".

Croatia to troll us all and win this after extra time, with a celebratory 10k run round the stadium before the trophy presentation.

:lol: Have to be the fittest old men I’ve ever seen. Marathoners, the lot of them.

[emoji38] Walking past the cubicles in a clean as fuck ref costume carrying one of those flags.

You know they all have a packed lunch from mum for half time too.