The World Cup Final: France 4-2 Croatia

Greg

Croatia to troll us all and win this after extra time, with a celebratory 10k run round the stadium before the trophy presentation.

:lol:

FWIW, Lalas just said that VAR "worked perfectly" and the defender should have jumped with his hands behind his back if he didn't want to risk being called for a penalty.

:kinnear:

Guest firetotheworks

Feel like I'm watching a different match here like. Can scarcely believe there's even one person saying it's not a deliberate hand ball, let alone a handful.

I guess I have to begrudgingly admit that at the very least it can't be clear and obvious then.

Already seen loads of 'if it takes that long it's not clear and obvious' completely ignoring the point that any referee isn't going to make such an important decision in a World Cup Final by watching it once. [emoji38]

Obvious pen for me, no idea why there's any dispute, he clearly moves his hand towards the ball and handles it.

Still feel like his hands were headed in that direction before the ball even changed direction.

f***, I just saw the 10th replay and I just realized the France player misses the ball immediately before it hits his arm. He didn’t expect it to come there, so his arm was naturally moving towards his side as he was landing. Hmmmm.

:lol: Feels like 12 Angry Men, this.

Haha very apt.

Already seen loads of 'if it takes that long it's not clear and obvious' completely ignoring the point that any referee isn't going to make such an important decision in a World Cup Final by watching it once. [emoji38]

Obvious pen for me, no idea why there's any dispute, he clearly moves his hand towards the ball and handles it.

Still feel like his hands were headed in that direction before the ball even changed direction.

Fuck, I just saw the 10th replay and I just realized the France player misses the ball immediately before it hits his arm. He didn’t expect it to come there, so his arm was naturally moving towards his side as he was landing. Hmmmm.

[emoji38] Feels like 12 Angry Men, this.

Shout [emoji38]

[emoji38]

History, all visible evidence, every assembled pundit and the forum - KI.

Croatia to troll us all and win this after extra time, with a celebratory 10k run round the stadium before the trophy presentation.

:lol:

FWIW, Lalas just said that VAR "worked perfectly" and the defender should have jumped with his hands behind his back if he didn't want to risk being called for a penalty.

That's just dumb.

it's a fucking awful decision, his hand was always on the way down man [emoji38]

Wow.

you're absolutely wrong on this like, he jumped with his arms up and did what they're all trained to which is get his arms back down by his sides...the france player missed it and it hit his arm on the way down

never a pen

Nacho's goal man  :aww:

:lol: Goal of the year.

I just love the way he hits it, Pavard's similar goal was great too, but there's something about Nacho's man. Glorious.

It's 100 percent an all time goal. That'll be gorgeous in 30 years. Will never get sick of seeing it.

That's just dumb.

Indeed. I did preface it with "Lalas said" so that should have been a clue . . . .

Guest firetotheworks

Nacho's goal man  :aww:

[emoji38] Goal of the year.

Pavard's own version is probably even better

If they're giving that then they're basically saying you've got defend with your arms behind your back in the box.

exactly - isn't VAR only supposed to change clear and deliberate mistakes or whatever it is?  no way that qualifies at all

Guest firetotheworks

it's a fucking awful decision, his hand was always on the way down man [emoji38]

Wow.

you're absolutely wrong on this like, he jumped with his arms up and did what they're all trained to which is get his arms back down by his sides...the france player missed it and it hit his arm on the way down

never a pen

I comprehensively disagree, you're blind.