The World Cup Final: France 4-2 Croatia

Greg

I think VAR is a good idea, but it's not working at present, it doesn't seem its stopped bad decisions happening. I don't understand how VAR refs looked at that handball and thought it was a clear and obvious error, and i don't know how ref thinks that is a) deliberate and b) the player had time to get hands out the way. It does fulfil hands moving towards ball and I suspect that is what Ref saw and decided on the pen.

VAR ultimately probably needs to come in, but it cannot be used for borderline decisions. It's meant to be there to avoid glaring errors not debatable ones.

:thup:

Out here on a limb with KI [emoji38]

No chance Perisic’s arm comes down like that if he doesn’t instinctively think there’s a chance of blocking the ball with his hand.

Anyway, let’s enjoy the game.

have you not paid attention to modern defensive techniques wrt hands/arms/handball?

Has the ref?

refs can make the wrong call it seems, who knew?

anyway i'm out of this..comfortable with how i see things

Guest firetotheworks

I think VAR is a good idea, but it's not working at present, it doesn't seem its stopped bad decisions happening. I don't understand how VAR refs looked at that handball and thought it was a clear and obvious error, and i don't know how ref thinks that is a) deliberate and b) the player had time to get hands out the way. It does fulfil hands moving towards ball and I suspect that is what Ref saw and decided on the pen.

VAR ultimately probably needs to come in, but it cannot be used for borderline decisions. It's meant to be there to avoid glaring errors not debatable ones.

FWIW, I agree but also think not giving a pen there would have been a glaring error. I'm honestly shocked that there's a debate. Maybe VAR's a waste of time no matter what after all. [emoji38]

:thup:

Aye, spot on that :clap: