Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

I've no compulsion to slaughter him or Dubravka only on the proviso they're not here next season, they've done their time, tried but not good enough not by a long chalk and its getting longer by the game.

Edited by Wolfcastle

10 minutes ago, midds said:

Having energy and stamina is fine but when it's just headless chicken stuff, it's useless. Running around and trying is fine but when it's not backed up with footballing intelligence then it's useless. Same goes for Almiron. Running and trying isn't enough, sorry lads, off you pop

:lol: "Off you pop." Pretty brutal considering what these lads have given the club over the last two or three years in-particular, mind. 

Thanks now FUCK OFF.

52 minutes ago, NE27 said:

It'll already have been mentioned, but tying his shoelaces during a rare Newcastle attack was a corker [emoji38]

Genuinely couldn't believe what I was seeing when this happened. 

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: "Off you pop." Pretty brutal considering what these lads have given the club over the last two or three years in-particular, mind. 

Thanks now FUCK OFF.

I'm just done with them tbh. I've seen them try their best and their efforts are appreciated but the lack of quality from the pair of them has fucked me off in the last few months. It's not their fault, I understand they're doing their best but it's just not good enough. They both need to be moved on and I'm not going to feel bad about it either. They're both poor, poor footballers despite how hard they try. 

edit: I never told them to "FUCK OFF" either btw ;)

He's been crap but he's also been unnecessarily ran into the ground. It's blatantly obvious he needs taking out of the firing line for a rest and yet he's getting flogged to death for 95 mins (125 at Blackburn) every single week. We've got options now and he just won't give him a break, not even for 10 minutes, it's mental.

Hope he gets sat down for Anderson soon, he needs a break desperately. 

Still think he's got a part to play in the squad, but he needs the right midfield partners and rotated in and out to suit.

46 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

If he's not doing that half space run then he's pretty much not doing anything else if we're the ones with more of the ball. Miley is so much more purposeful.

Longstaff is another Miggy in our evolution. Can be useful tactically with his legs, stamina etc. but not what you want as a regular starter.

He makes the run but if the ball isn’t perfect he rarely gets on the end of it because he is so slow. 

Can’t be arsed watching him plod around the pitch, falling over when someone breathes on him and throwing his arms in the air as he loses the ball once again

If he is playing through an injury, why is Howe playing him every minute of every game? Just doesn’t make sense when he’s not doing that with Willock. 

26 minutes ago, Pilko said:

He's been crap but he's also been unnecessarily ran into the ground. It's blatantly obvious he needs taking out of the firing line for a rest and yet he's getting flogged to death for 95 mins (125 at Blackburn) every single week. We've got options now and he just won't give him a break, not even for 10 minutes, it's mental.

Hope he gets sat down for Anderson soon, he needs a break desperately. 

Still think he's got a part to play in the squad, but he needs the right midfield partners and rotated in and out to suit.

Who's available to replace him?

Miley has played the same pretty much since he came in. He needs to be brought out before we burn him out first.

Anderson has only been back a week and probably a week or two away from being match fit himself. 

We've probably brought Willock back a bit earlier than we'd have liked as well. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Who's available to replace him?

Miley has played the same pretty much since he came in. He needs to be brought out before we burn him out first.

Anderson has only been back a week and probably a week or two away from being match fit himself. 

We've probably brought Willock back a bit earlier than we'd have liked as well. 

He brought Miley on and then off again in the cup whilst Longstaff was made to toil on FFS :lol: then he didn't even take a pen!

I understand starting him has been a necessity but we've had Miley, Anderson and White on the bench of late who could have given him a break later on in games. Christ even Ritchie could have come on for him in the final 10-15 mins of games like Arsenal where we're already way out of it.

He could have started Miley tonight as well. He's got options back but I've no confidence that when Anderson is ready to play 60+ that he'll sit him down. Willock has replaced Miley and Sean's still left to flounder around in this rut, out of form, tired, getting loads of stick. It's just odd.

He lacks technical qualities and always seems about 2 or 3 seconds behind the play, however this is now compounded as his main strength - work rate - has also seemingly abandoned him. He just ambles around the pitch contributing nothing. 

He has visibly given up after being robbed of possession in a number of games recently, including an incredible one vs Blackburn where the ref bailed him out.  If he's tired then fair enough but he desperately needs to be dropped, for his own sake. 

I don't like ripping into Newcastle players unless they're obviously taking the piss, which I don't think he is, but he's just not good enough to be starting week in week out. 

His career with us has been so strange

Came into the side under Rafa, where he looked technically sound and so assured, he then picks up a knee injury and when he's back Rafa has been replaced by Bruce

He is pretty shit during that time

Howe comes in and rescues him, his role changes from the Rafa stint, playing as a right sided 8 instead of a 6 and he's such an asset. His stamina is incredible and is a big part of that right hand side which gave us a lot of success

Even at the start of this season he comes into the side and we immediately benefit from it, picking up good results. He gets injured, comes back and he's poor

You think maybe he needs a few games to get going but he's just gotten worse with each game and tonight was a special performance in being utter shite

He's weak in the tackle, often chasing shadows, his touch is terrible and his passing is awful. I can't think of a single positive he is bringing to the side

At least with the other weak players they offer something (Miggy defensive running, Murphy pace, Burn defending aerial set pieces) but Longstaff it's nowt, absolutely nowt

Howe needs to work his magic and get him back to last season otherwise in the summer we need to be ruthless and ditch him

Honestly I'd tolerate all of the poor control, passing, shooting and positional play if he stopped being piss weak in any sort of physical confrontation. Soft as shite and embarrassing to watch him lose every 50/50 and do his pathetic flops under minimal duress, he has to toughen up.

He does a lot of running without any outcome... Always a yard to far away from making the tackle or behind the attacking play.

If he could make the latter pay out for him.. he could actually score more Kevin Nolan types goals i.e. create the space in the box by being slower than everyone else! 

8 hours ago, Ghp said:

He is slow in both football intelligence and in footballing ability. He is so weak on the ball and has no recovery pace when he inevitably loses possession. First one that needs replacing in the summer.

He’s already been replaced by Tonali. 

Just needs moving on in general so we can generate funds for that elite RW.

Don’t even need to replace his squad place as Bruno / Tonali / Miley / Anderson / Willock / Joelinton is more than enough in the middle. It’s only a CM needed if Joelinton is decided to be moved on.

Edit: Even Hall is a natural CM, but guess he’s probably being viewed by Hall as a LB.

Edited by Sibierski

Think I'm being overly harsh on the likes of him & Burn. We signed Burn because we needed a CB to help us stay up, we overachieved last season with him left-back, and with FFP an issue, we're having to keep players like him, Lascelles, Krafth on longer than we probably want. 

Similarly with Longstaff and Dummett, we've these home-grown quotas and these are the best of years of Academy neglect. 

They can't be starting more than 15-20 across all comps next season though if we're to get to where we want to be. 

10 hours ago, Decky said:

Genuinely couldn't believe what I was seeing when this happened. 

Yes he squatted down mid attack but heyho he didnt influence anything on the night so why not?

Watching the extended highlights and so many infuriating things in those clips [emoji38] passes well short, flopping out of tackles, jogging about when they were on the counter etc.

I hope he's alreet. Regardless of current form, he's a good lad and been brave in talking about his past issues with mental health.