Fabian Schär

Possibly a length of contract thing. He'll be 32 in December so often clubs want shorter term deals at this age and players want a bit more longer term security. He could also be wondering if there's plans to bring in his successor in the summer to partner Botman.

Or maybe he's just too busy being handsome to get round to signing anything yet.

13 minutes ago, OCK said:

This guy is just one one stray snowball to the head from his career ending 16th concussion too. :yao:

I think the more concussions he gets the better he seems to become. Should probably start him on boxing training.

Definitely him and Lascelles will get a contract extension. I’d give them two years for sure and then take it from there. Why would you want to be anywhere else right now - the next two years could be even more special 

Does make you wonder if the two sides are quite far apart in negotiations. He's technically free to negotiate with clubs abroad next month, isn't he?

One positive is at least there's been no leaks and doesn't seem to be a news story. Don't think I've seen it mentioned outside of this forum.. Cue Edwards running something tomorrow. :lol:

1 hour ago, Checko said:

With our luck this year he'll sign a new contract and then his leg will immediately fall off. Perhaps we're just trying to stall sod's law until Botman's back.

Why put that thought into the collective consciousness ya little shit, nailed on now.

2yr extention seems crazy to me at first thought but perhaps it's just about right. He's been phenomenal since Howe came in and his game isn't particularly based on pace or agility so he could stay at this level for another couple of years no doubt. 

Extending Schar is an easy one for me, he's basically free compared to what you'd have to spend to bring in a comparable player. 

To find a ball playing center back that can actually defend, plus scores a game winner every year, not going to be cheap. 

It's not like he's 38, sign him up.

20 hours ago, joeyt said:

He's absolutely sensational isn't he.

When he goes on his marauding runs he always makes the right decision to pass or shoot too

Only problem with being LCB at the moment is he has less opportunities to shoot when he does get forward because he normally has to cut back on to his right. He still gets the odd chance to hit them but there's less traffic when he's right-sided.

When Botman returns I can't wait to see him step forward and twat them again.