Fabian Schär

Dunno if it's been mentioned here before but Fabian played in the same team as Joelinton at Hoffenheim in the 15/16 season.

Schar played the full game v Schalke while Joe came on as a last minute sub, his only appearance that season.

Not in the league as he’s too integral and depth isn’t there. He must’ve played close to 40 games already this season though and almost every minute too. Could’ve done with a rest tonight. Lovely penalty mind and I was most confident with him as a taker.

Bloody love the bloke, but he was pissing me off massively last night with those attempted balls over the top that were never on. I got annoyed with it in the first half against Sunderland too, actually.

That pass only seems to work when it's Big Joe on the receiving end

What actually annoyed me the most about him last night - and for a few games recently - has been how slow he has been to bring the ball out. He is our ball playing CB, so it's surprising to see him dwell on the ball for a few touches without actually going anywhere. You'd expect that from Lascelles, not someone of Schar's quality. Very lazy performance.

14 minutes ago, TRon said:

What actually annoyed me the most about him last night - and for a few games recently - has been how slow he has been to bring the ball out. He is our ball playing CB, so it's surprising to see him dwell on the ball for a few touches without actually going anywhere. You'd expect that from Lascelles, not someone of Schar's quality. Very lazy performance.

its hard when there;s minimal movement in front of you,

also he was playing on the left.

i just think he's exhausted mentally as well as physically.

16 minutes ago, TRon said:

All tempo was getting lost when he got the ball. 
Just slowed everything down, slowly walking forward, walk....walk......walk...... and then BAM, 800 yard pass into Row Z

Except for the time he passed 2m to Longstaff who had someone on him, go dispossessed , and almost led to a goal. 

Nightmare

2 minutes ago, arnonel said:

All tempo was getting lost when he got the ball. 
Just slowed everything down, slowly walking forward, walk....walk......walk...... and then BAM, 800 yard pass into Row Z

Except for the time he passed 2m to Longstaff who had someone on him, go dispossessed , and almost led to a goal. 

Nightmare

Aye that's how it looked to me.

23 minutes ago, TRon said:

This was really exagerrated when Miley and longstaff were on together, bruno was knackered, and the movement in front of him (miggy apart) was non-existant!

37 minutes ago, TRon said:

This I think is mental fatigue and a lack of confidence in the main. Starts dithering. Options close.