Fabian Schär

8 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Too old and expensive for us imo.

Aye most likely , but he has almost identical attributes. If anything he's probably a better defender.

9 hours ago, The Prophet said:

If you want a Schar clone, look no further than Anderson at Palace.

Yeah I really like him. I'm sure we will look abroad.

I think we should be looking to sign Murillo at Notts Forest. He’s young and quick, and is one hell of a passer. Only downside is he’s left footed, but as result could probably fit into the Burn role quite well.

21 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

I think we should be looking to sign Murillo at Notts Forest. He’s young and quick, and is one hell of a passer. Only downside is he’s left footed, but as result could probably fit into the Burn role quite well.

We should be looking at him to upgrade Burn I think. Seen some stats that say he isn’t great in the air though so probably won’t meet the Eddie standard. 

14 minutes ago, TBG said:

Tino's goal would be even more special if the build up had been intentional I.e Schar meant the pass.

What else could he have meant?

On 27/02/2024 at 23:45, El Prontonise said:

This guy needs a break out of the side if possible.

This guy needs cloning. Definitely now my favourite ever centre back. Longevity, recovery arc, tough as granite, understated, phenomenal passer, steady influence, and doesn’t hurt that he’s handsome. 
p.s. forgot scoring the occasional thunder bastard.

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

10 hours ago, BoSelecta said:

What else could he have meant?

i think it was a pisstake after one the commentators previously had suggestd one of his long pass assists as a fluke.

was it at west ham?

21 minutes ago, huss9 said:

i think it was a pisstake after one the commentators previously had suggestd one of his long pass assists as a fluke.

was it at west ham?

Yeah, Jamie Redknapp after his assist for Joelinton at West Ham.

10 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

The Gaffer knows

Interesting that Howe adds the 'absolutely concentrated and really well-trained' line there. Remember reading some Swiss people wondering how he can look so good for NUFC but make simple errors in their national team. Think he has struggled a lot with that in his earlier career and probably one reason why no one thought he could be this good in a two CB system even among NUFC fans. It's obvious he has always had the attributes but he's been a real late bloomer thanks to Eddie. Even the weaker performance against Blackburn was IMO mainly down to lack of concentration and some arrogance.

Edited by Pata

23 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

The Gaffer knows

He's always liked him tbf, pretty sure when he took over Schar was one of the players he mentioned as being one he looked forward to working with.

59 minutes ago, TRon said:

He's always liked him tbf, pretty sure when he took over Schar was one of the players he mentioned as being one he looked forward to working with.

Tried to sign him for Bournemouth before he came here. Which goes against the racist Eddie narrative.

• 4 weeks later...