Yoshinori Mutō (now playing for Vissel Kobe)

Rich

Think he's been treated very unfairly.

He's never really been given a fair shot, and when he has played he has looked decent to me.

Had that really good performance and goal against Man Utd and then dissappeared for ages.

Why continue to use Gayle who we know is on his way out and who is less of an asset and continue to freeze this guy out completely?

We're safe now, so play the guy for goodness sake.

Could be but could be also that he’s been garbage in training and to be honest I saw him live at Leicester away and didn’t look like a prem standard player

Yet a certain Swedish right back continues to get minutes.

Krafth looks fine last 2 games. One of our better players yesterday, in fact.

Which is strange if you look over the match thread where everyone though the opposite of this (bar the assist).

The amount of times Shelvey played it to him in space, he ran up the line, faced a West Ham player, turned back round and played it to a centre back. He's a poor Paul Dummett.

Bar the assist that was one of the key reasons we didn't lose...yeah let's ignore that  :lol:

Well quite, but you're ignoring the other 92 minutes. Perhaps a better player might have not wasted the other 12 crossing opportunities he had, or broke our attacks up by spinning round and playing the ball backwards?

Ifs and buts, but I think he's trash.

Gayle offers us far more than Muto ever has at this level. Honestly if he could finish he'd be a very good PL striker - his movement and positional sense is class.

He's our best striker by a mile at the moment which continues to tell us everything about the state of the club right now.

Muto has not played anywhere near enough for you to make that assessment.

You're on a right daft cunt spree across threads today aren't you? OK then, Seydou Doumbia and Chucky could have offered us so much more than whoever was playing against them at the time.

If you're not good enough you don't play football, what can't you grasp about that?

Dwight Gayle, 2 goals, 2 assists in 532mins

Yoshi Muto, 1 goals, 0 assists in 344 mins (EFL Cup)

Your logic is so simple minded :lol:

Our strikers have all struggled massively this season and yet at no stage was Muto given a fair shot. It makes no sense.

Not to mention the fact that he can also play anywhere across the front line. Yet the likes of Atsu have also featured regularly ahead of him looking awful.

I don't trust Bruce's judgement and I certainly don't trust yours either.

Gayle offers us far more than Muto ever has at this level. Honestly if he could finish he'd be a very good PL striker - his movement and positional sense is class.

He's our best striker by a mile at the moment which continues to tell us everything about the state of the club right now.

You're on a right daft cunt spree across threads today aren't you? OK then, Seydou Doumbia and Chucky could have offered us so much more than whoever was playing against them at the time.

If you're not good enough you don't play football, what can't you grasp about that?

Our strikers have all struggled massively this season and yet at no stage was Muto given a fair shot. It makes no sense.

Not to mention the fact that he can also play anywhere across the front line. Yet the likes of Atsu have also featured regularly ahead of him looking awful.

It makes sense 'IF' hes been absolutely dogshit in training and/or uninterested

He's never really been given a fair shot, and when he has played he has looked decent to me.

Had that really good performance and goal against Man Utd and then dissappeared for ages.

Why continue to use Gayle who we know is on his way out and who is less of an asset and continue to freeze this guy out completely?

Could be but could be also that he’s been garbage in training and to be honest I saw him live at Leicester away and didn’t look like a prem standard player

Which is strange if you look over the match thread where everyone though the opposite of this (bar the assist).

The amount of times Shelvey played it to him in space, he ran up the line, faced a West Ham player, turned back round and played it to a centre back. He's a poor Paul Dummett.

Bar the assist that was one of the key reasons we didn't lose...yeah let's ignore that  :lol:

Well quite, but you're ignoring the other 92 minutes. Perhaps a better player might have not wasted the other 12 crossing opportunities he had, or broke our attacks up by spinning round and playing the ball backwards?

Ifs and buts, but I think he's trash.

He didn't set the world alight, but he was solid and showed willingness to make good runs beyond. He wasn't trash, that's for sure. I'm pleased he's getting a run in the side and putting those early poor performances behind him and building a more solid foundation.

Until we have evidence of this then it cannot be used as a stick to beat the guy.

The greater likelihood is that the manager is being daft, as he has given us plenty evidence of how clueless he is time and time again.

:lol: So your logic is the manager who sees these strikers performing week-out, week-out isn't giving the better, younger player a chance because he doesn't "have the right judgement" and "it doesn't make sense". And my logic is simple-minded when based on facts, OK.

Maybe the fact Atsu was getting games (which he isn't now) was because we didn't have any players besides Almiron/ASM who played in that position prior to Lazaro arriving and Muto is a CF/SS, not a LW possibly? I'm clearly wasting my time arguing with someone as dense as you. :lol:

Also in one thread you're criticising the manager as being stupid for not picking Muto and in the other you're lauding him as a free-flowing football mastermind. Whatever suits your agenda best I guess. :idiot2:

Until we have evidence of this then it cannot be used as a stick to beat the guy.

The greater likelihood is that the manager is being daft, as he has given us plenty evidence of how clueless he is time and time again.

So just to confirm, you accept there is a possibility he could be crap in training and/or have little interest but you're not going to entertain that as a reason why he's not getting game time?

:lol: So your logic is the manager who sees these strikers performing week-out, week-out isn't giving the better, younger player a chance because he doesn't "have the right judgement" and "it doesn't make sense". And my logic is simple-minded when based on facts, OK.

Maybe the fact Atsu was getting games (which he isn't now) was because we didn't have any players besides Almiron/ASM who played in that position prior to Lazaro arriving and Muto is a CF/SS, not a LW possibly? I'm clearly wasting my time arguing with someone as dense as you. :lol:

Also in one thread you're criticising the manager as being stupid for not picking Muto and in the other you're lauding him as a free-flowing football mastermind. Whatever suits your agenda best I guess. :idiot2:

I can see you enjoy arguing unnecessarily :lol:

Yes, my logic is that the manager who put Willems on in his first game in central midfield and with no idea of what he should be doing has terrible judgement :lol:

In that 3-4-2-1 the two players playing off the striker are not typical wide men, as the width come from the wing backs. Muto can certainly play in that position. I will bet any money in the world he would do so better than Atsu did.

I'm not even going to dignify that comment about me lauding Bruce as a free flowing football mater mind with any kind of response.  Lies are not helping your cause :lol:

He gave the ball away 20 plus times and didn't win a single tackle.  If that's getting better he is fumaca standard

Gayle hardly had a kick either.  I'd play muto plus Bruce said he was the best player in training before the Sheffield utd game.  Never been seen since

He gave the ball away 20 plus times and didn't win a single tackle.  If that's getting better he is fumaca standard

Gayle hardly had a kick either.  I'd play muto plus Bruce said he was the best player in training before the Sheffield utd game.  Never been seen since

Philipp Lahm-esque imho.

Good point on Muto. I've just had a look at the last Bruce said about Muto (just below). Should completely rubbish the nonsense about him not training well enough. Also makes Bruce look ridiculous as despite the comments he hasn't even been using him off the bench, despite having 5 subs per game now.

Muto has only made seven top-flight starts since signing from Mainz in the summer for 2018 for £9.5million. However, Bruce, United’s head coach, has hinted that the 27-year-old striker will have a role to play in the club’s remaining games this season.

“I think he’s never really had a fair crack of the whip,” Bruce told NUFC TV. “He trains every day as if it’s his last, and scores a goal (against Middlesbrough), so let’s hope that helps him in the next six weeks, or whatever we’ve got to go to finish off the season.”

Bruce doesn't pick Mutō to play but neither did Rafa.

Daft arguement rafa binned Gayle.  Just wanted muto to learn the language which he has now apparently

What argument? Rafa didn't play Mutō is a fact. Rafa loaned Gayle out (he supposedly wanted to keep him in the squad but wasn't allowed to as Ashley wanted his wages off the wage bill to pay for Rondón's). Mutō spoke perfectly good English in an interview not long after the story of Rafa wanting him to improve his English came out.

So just to confirm, you accept there is a possibility he could be crap in training and/or have little interest but you're not going to entertain that as a reason why he's not getting game time?

It would be nice to see him start a couple of games so we could see for ourselves though. When you look at our misfiring striker line up, seems odd that we've got one who's barely been able to start a game when the rest are either not scoring or perennially injured.

It’s one of those Rafa signings that just made no sense. That’s 20 million + between Muto and Murphy. We’ve seen nothing of either of them to suggest they can ever make it at the club.

Gayle paid for his fee by the goals in the championship the first season. Got a bad injury and hasn’t quite been the same since. Probably has a chip on his shoulder about being loaned out when he saw how shite his replacements were.

Muto needs to show some personality if he gets any game time between now and end of season. He’s been here over a year and we know fuck all about him

It’s one of those Rafa signings that just made no sense. That’s 20 million + between Muto and Murphy. We’ve seen nothing of either of them to suggest they can ever make it at the club.

Gayle paid for his fee by the goals in the championship the first season. Got a bad injury and hasn’t quite been the same since. Probably has a chip on his shoulder about being loaned out when he saw how shite his replacements were.

Muto needs to show some personality if he gets any game time between now and end of season. He’s been here over a year and we know fuck all about him

Nahhh. Muto was what, £9m?

EDIT: Thought you meant Daryl, completely forgot about Jacob. :lol:

Guest dabe

DOUBT.

Gayle paid for his fee by the goals in the championship the first season. Got a bad injury and hasn’t quite been the same since. Probably has a chip on his shoulder about being loaned out when he saw how s**** his replacements were.

Muto needs to show some personality if he gets any game time between now and end of season. He’s been here over a year and we know f*** all about him

Nahhh. Muto was what, £9m?

EDIT: Thought you meant Daryl, completely forgot about Jacob. :lol:

Daryl was a real pleasant surprise to be honest. A bang average player but he did very well for us when it counted. Total respect for the lad.

Again, re: my point about Muto, Jacob Murphy has basic qualities that should contribute to being a good footballer. But just seems overwhelmed by any opportunities he gets. He needs to show who he is, play with some personality unlike the robot we’ve seen.

Was he actually a Rafa signing or just one that was offered to him and he said ok?