The Magpie Group

Heron

Just to provide a bit of clarity to people. This game has kind of sprung itself upon us a bit because so many methods are being discussed with regards to how we overthrow Ashley. As you can imagine, the various fan groups have made headway in various different ways so we're currently trying to channel these simultaneously whilst maintaining momentum and spontaneity, to ensure full impact.

I cannot divulge too much information in here at present, but I am certain nearly all will be shared at the open meeting that is being planned. More details on that to follow.

Chelsea (h) is obviously on the immediate agenda with a similar display at Sports Direct. Members of unions, etc. have also provided there support and will be present. The corteo (spelling?) is the usual planned walk from North Terrace which is situated on Claremont Road and goes down the back of the RVI, through Leazes Park to St James', down the East Stand and stops at Gallowgate. This walk is pro-NUFC and includes flags, singing and occasional smoke bombs etc. All stewarded by 2 or 3 police.

In this instance, I think it is being pushed so that the more Pro-Rafa support there is then reading between the lines the more Anti-Ashley there also is. Once again, we're having to be a bit vague with our hopes and intentions but we're all aware the club shop is pretty much a Sports Direct.

Arsenal (h) is on the agenda, as are several media based pushes and more nationwide forms of protest.

I'd urge anyone interested to keep an eye on here and social media, as well attending open meetings, etc. when they occur.

The Magpie Group does not speak for the fan base, but I would hope with the involvement of as many fans as possible from all backgrounds we can air our collective view and hopefully gain success by being United on this issue in particular (i.e. Ashley).

A bit vague I know but I hope this helps y'all.

Just to provide a bit of clarity to people. This game has kind of sprung itself upon us a bit because so many methods are being discussed with regards to how we overthrow Ashley. As you can imagine, the various fan groups have made headway in various different ways so we're currently trying to channel these simultaneously whilst maintaining momentum and spontaneity, to ensure full impact.

I cannot divulge too much information in here at present, but I am certain nearly all will be shared at the open meeting that is being planned. More details on that to follow.

Chelsea (h) is obviously on the immediate agenda with a similar display at Sports Direct. Members of unions, etc. have also provided there support and will be present. The corteo (spelling?) is the usual planned walk from North Terrace which is situated on Claremont Road and goes down the back of the RVI, through Leazes Park to St James', down the East Stand and stops at Gallowgate. This walk is pro-NUFC and includes flags, singing and occasional smoke bombs etc. All stewarded by 2 or 3 police.

In this instance, I think it is being pushed so that the more Pro-Rafa support there is then reading between the lines the more Anti-Ashley there also is. Once again, we're having to be a bit vague with our hopes and intentions but we're all aware the club shop is pretty much a Sports Direct.

Arsenal (h) is on the agenda, as are several media based pushes and more nationwide forms of protest.

I'd urge anyone interested to keep an eye on here and social media, as well attending open meetings, etc. when they occur.

The Magpie Group does not speak for the fan base, but I would hope with the involvement of as many fans as possible from all backgrounds we can air our collective view and hopefully gain success by being United on this issue in particular (i.e. Ashley).

A bit vague I know but I hope this helps y'all.

:thup:

Would be nice to see some protests inside St James Park on matchdays as well.

I suspect that will come with time. At present though there is a conscious effort to ensure we get behind Rafa and the lads as ultimately, this could be the last season we enjoy for a while and quite frankly Rafa and his team deserve not to have the shit around the game. There may be pre/post match protests though so we're open to ideas for us to promote.

Ultimately, if there is a significant appetite for any reasonable protest though I suspect The Magpie Group will back it as we want the fan base to be United... :thup:

I suspect that will come with time. At present though there is a conscious effort to ensure we get behind Rafa and the lads as ultimately, this could be the last season we enjoy for a while and quite frankly Rafa and his team deserve not to have the shit around the game. There may be pre/post match protests though so we're open to ideas for us to promote.

Ultimately, if there is a significant appetite for any reasonable protest though I suspect The Magpie Group will back it as we want the fan base to be United... :thup:

There will be nothing enjoyable about this season though. There is nothing to lose protesting in the ground. Rafa will still be here next season and any real protests will never get going as a result. It needs taking to the max now. Getting Ashley out is far more important than anything else now

There will be nothing enjoyable about this season though. There is nothing to lose protesting in the ground. Rafa will still be here next season and any real protests will never get going as a result. It needs taking to the max now. Getting Ashley out is far more important than anything else now

You could very well be right and this is something that will be discussed / we may look to do as we continue to protest and look at varying methods :thup:

For now we're just building it up.

You're welcome, and thanks!

We have loads of ideas at the moment but only one or two are being leaked at a time. I'd like to say that was to keep it spontaneous, but it's more that everything is just going so fast at the moment.

Once things are settled a bit and the wheels are fully in motion we'll be trying to keep people more up-to-date wherever possible :thup:

Agree with tubes, has to be taken to the next level, protests in ground/boycott, with the other things like the SD protest aswell ofcourse, there was anti Ashley chants at the Chelsea game anyway.

The "don't want to affect the team" aproach has to be done away with now imo, desperate times call for desperate measures.

Wouldn't put it past Ashley to have hired some serious security for the store this week.

Please try to keep the protest as peaceful as possible - at least peaceful in actions...  aggressive and hateful in voice!!

We've received positive feedback from media sources, the police and even members of NUFC regarding the first protest (privately) so that's definitely our intention to keep it peaceful. As the Police are there even "heavier" stewarding of the ShiteDirect doors wouldn't have any effect. No one enters the store for half an hour or so whilst we're there.

Obviously we cannot control what all the general public do like.

Guest Open_C

First one was really good natured and members of the general public passing by seemed to largely enjoy the chanting and the presence, I thought. No reason it should be any different this time.

I'm in Scotland, or I'd definitely be going again.