The Magpie Group

Heron

Guest firetotheworks

I dunno who that guy is, but I dunno why he's said that. Shooting the campaign in the foot a bit there imo. Important that it keeps moving forward and we don't get too hung up on things like that, but I'd get someone else to do interviews next time, like. I didn't even know there was a Chairman.

Lads and lasses, if I may defend the guy who made those comments...

You have to remember that the supporter group is made up of people off the street and whilst those sort of comments may have caused a bit of a stir I think a lot of us behind closed doors probably believe that.

People with the chance of retrospect are having a pop when in reality this guy has probably just been a bit thrown and a bit too open.

Nonetheless it's something for us to learn from and take those comments on board.

Ultimately The Magpie Group is about the wider fan base and supporter network and not just a collection of fan groups and for now there's been roles selected in the group in an attempt to channel the protests efficiently and effectively rather than have a malaise of people all chipping in and nowt getting done but talking.

The idea of the group, like Wor Flags is to run with transparency, democratically and be as anonymous or as faceless as possible, similar to AshleyOut.

As a result with any of these groups, a number of people may take questions and interviews and unfortunately, that leaves them all open to giving less diplomatic views.

I'll pass the comments on nonetheless, and will consider this in case I do any interviews. :thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

That's the end of TMG iyam. Chairman Bellend aint getting my vote.

But MA, you will with match tickets, tops etc?

Guest Howaythetoon

You have to remember that the supporter group is made up of people off the street and whilst those sort of comments may have caused a bit of a stir I think a lot of us behind closed doors probably believe that.

People with the chance of retrospect are having a pop when in reality this guy has probably just been a bit thrown and a bit too open.

Nonetheless it's something for us to learn from and take those comments on board.

Ultimately The Magpie Group is about the wider fan base and supporter network and not just a collection of fan groups and for now there's been roles selected in the group in an attempt to channel the protests efficiently and effectively rather than have a malaise of people all chipping in and nowt getting done but talking.

The idea of the group, like Wor Flags is to run with transparency, democratically and be as anonymous or as faceless as possible, similar to AshleyOut.

As a result with any of these groups, a number of people may take questions and interviews and unfortunately, that leaves them all open to giving less diplomatic views.

I'll pass the comments on nonetheless, and will consider this in case I do any interviews. :thup:

The point is we SHOULD be mentioned in the same breath as these clubs. Premier league clubs spending premier league money. He's missed a trick there. It's the fact that when it comes to how the club is run, the club facilities, the transfer fees, the wages, we're not competing with the likes of Wolves, Huddersfield, Bournemouth etc, and we should be.

That's all we're asking.

Really? that we "shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath" as those clubs. I most certainly don't. Acting like that and denigrating other clubs for absolutely no reason at all just turns people against us and makes us look like dicks. I don't really get the need to make comments like that at all personally.  My advice would be to get someone to talk who isn't going to make needless comments like that.

The phrase is just shit. I wouldn't say that of any club, never mind clubs in the Premier League, of which many are relatively proven at this point in time. Sure I want us to be better than them, and believe we have the resources to do so, but I would never say they shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath. Nee wonder the deluded Geordies moniker is still going strong. Anyone who is supposed to be representing NUFC fans, never mind as some form of "chairman" should be using his words very carefully.