The Magpie Group

Heron

I know i'm sounding like a broken record but surely there has to be some sort of in ground protest next, be it a full boycott of a match, late entry into the ground, walk out or whatever, or even all three, propose a full boycott, those that won't stay away altogether may take part in the late entry and/or walk out? And it would have a greater impact.

Just wondering what Heron and/or any of the other members of the group's thoughts are on this.

We are surely past the stage of not wanting to disrupt the team etc, as for Rafa saying get behind the team in the ground, absolutley, but as far as i'm aware he hasn't said to NOT protest in the ground either, we've got to do it now imo.

In game protests just aren’t going to happen. Certainly not en masse anyway.

I walked out in the Cardiff game on 60 mins and got dogs abuse. Just for silently getting up and walking out. The overwhelming majority of match going fans couldn’t give a tenth of a fuck. Difficult not to be critical without making sweeping generalisations but as long as they’re watching PL football and having a day out with their mates on the beer they’re perfectly content. Keep the status quo and their own little Saturday routines.

The SJP crowd is a completely different beast to that of the 80s and 90s.

In game protests just aren’t going to happen. Certainly not en masse anyway.

I walked out in the Cardiff game on 60 mins and got dogs abuse. Just for silently getting up and walking out. The overwhelming majority of match going fans couldn’t give a tenth of a fuck. Difficult not to be critical without making sweeping generalisations but as long as they’re watching PL football and having a day out with their mates on the beer they’re perfectly content. Keep the status quo and their own little Saturday routines.

The SJP crowd is a completely different beast to that of the 80s and 90s.

That is exactly it. My mate fits that category and I tried telling him and we have had a bit of a falling out over it. Fuck him

They can happen, they just need better organisation, the Cardiff game you mention (was that the walk out?) ok it might not have been great but at least it was something.

I think there is much more appetite for it now aswell.

I’d love to agree, honestly but I don’t. It’s just so frustrating, “where you going man, we’re winning? Hahahaha lol” is etched into my brain as I walked out in the Cardiff game. As if I’d just made the decision on the spur of the moment in the 1 particular game. Like I was protesting over leading Cardiff after 60 mins and not looking at the broader picture. Thousands of fans laughed, heckled and took the piss as about 10% chose to leave. I dare say it’ll be even worse now.

Spurs game was better like but I know what you mean, most I know who’d do such a thing, including myself, have already fucked off.

Rancid as fuck.

The de-fanning of PL clubs has been a master stroke by the moneymen.