The Magpie Group

Heron

I've just checked RTG (as Bingo said) and the mackems really do have a 12 page thread on tonight's meeting! :???: Obsessed? Not much!

They absolutely hate the fact that our support is far more pro active than theirs is. They just sat back and watched their club disappear into obscurity whearas we are fighting for ours and it really sticks in their throats.

Yep. Seen a few of them on RTG seemingly happy that it took League One football for their owner to walk. They were happy scrambling around with their derby wins. Had they acted sooner then they mightn’t have had to set their club back about 5 years to get rid of Short.

TBF ending up in the lower leagues long term is the most viable way of getting rid of Ashley. Not a chance he's going anywhere while we rake in £100's millions I the premiership.

I've just checked RTG (as Bingo said) and the mackems really do have a 12 page thread on tonight's meeting! :???: Obsessed? Not much!

They absolutely hate the fact that our support is far more pro active than theirs is. They just sat back and watched their club disappear into obscurity whearas we are fighting for ours and it really sticks in their throats.

Yep. Seen a few of them on RTG seemingly happy that it took League One football for their owner to walk. They were happy scrambling around with their derby wins. Had they acted sooner then they mightn’t have had to set their club back about 5 years to get rid of Short.

not sure what it would do to them if rafa stayed on and got reasonable backing/a new owner...it would fucking end them i reckon

not sure what it would do to them if rafa stayed on and got reasonable backing/a new owner...it would fucking end them i reckon

It would definitely  end crumpy.

Not sure why we are discussing their views on this.

They are always going to object to everything we do, they are always going to say our position could be worse.

This isn’t about them, this is about us.

Ok so what we do might not have any affect on Ashley, doing nothing to plenty of us isn’t an option though.

It would definitely  end crumpy.

:lol:

Wow! I've just tried to click on that thread but I think it's been deleted?! How many NUFC threads on that first page man!

TBF ending up in the lower leagues long term is the most viable way of getting rid of Ashley. Not a chance he's going anywhere while we rake in £100's millions I the premiership.

A few years in the Championship I could stomach. Scratching around the 3rd Division, having to enter the Checkatrade Trophy I couldn't.

We have a proud record of being one of only eight clubs who have never played their football outside the top two divisions and it's a record I never want us to lose.

A few years in the Championship without the Sky money would cost him enough to want rid.

Guest The Little Waster

We’ve done the square root of fuck all for the best part of ten years ... we are no better than the Mackems in that regard . Most football fans are passive schmucks who willingly let owners walk all over them

Well the fans are doing something now, so...

Let's get it right some are (and brilliant by them also) - let's see if the rest of the sheep follow

We’ve done the square root of fuck all for the best part of ten years ... we are no better than the Mackems in that regard . Most football fans are passive schmucks who willingly let owners walk all over them

We've done certain things but I'll agree not enough.

The demonstrations before and after the Hull game after Keegan was sacked.

The boycott v Spurs

The walkout and general hostility v Cardiff

Ashley out

Pardew  Out

Demonstrations outside SD

Demonstrations outside SJP

Maybe not enough but plenty more than them down the road capable of, which annoys them.

Guest firetotheworks

Let's get it right some are (and brilliant by them also) - let's see if the rest of the sheep follow

I'd probably err away from calling them sheep if you want to get them onside like. :lol:

I'd probably err away from calling them sheep if you want to get them onside like. [emoji38]

Why it's the truth though as the majority who go do sweet fa - when they actually start doing something like the people who do really give a fuck then that's when I'll stop calling them sheep. I honestly will be over the moon if they do but I don't think they will. Let's see at the Arsenal game how many do actually turn up no excuse it's at the ground and there is a match on

Nah, the narrative now is that by doing nothing and mostly not bothering turning up to games they are patting themselves on the back for Short selling up.

Nah, the narrative now is that by doing nothing and mostly not bothering turning up to games they are patting themselves on the back for Short selling up.

Aye, them not turning up had nothing to do with a relation battle they were destined to fail in from the start, a relegation with another likely and the end of the free tickets. Short selling up had nothing to do with him having to put in his own money too many times to be it worthwhile and a couple of chancers ready to buy the club on the back of a promise that Short will get more money if they somehow manage to get back into the Premier League.

Nothing whatsoever.

We've done certain things but I'll agree not enough.

The demonstrations before and after the Hull game after Keegan was sacked.

The boycott v Spurs

The walkout and general hostility v Cardiff

Ashley out

Pardew  Out

Demonstrations outside SD

Demonstrations outside SJP

Maybe not enough but plenty more than them down the road capable of, which annoys them.

Would be interested to hear what the Little Waster has done to oust Ashley in the last 10 years?

I have an idea in my mind, but let's see.

Sheep  :lol:

Not sure that insulting people who don't totally agree with you has ever been the best way to influence them and make them change their mind.

The problem may be that, although the majority of the 50,000 "sheep" want to see Ashley out, they take the view that it's just the same old bunch of attention seekers, promoting the same ultimately ineffective, form of protest.

The original Magpie Group, unlike today's version, was strongly backed by savvy and successful businessmen who knew how to really make things change and realised that singing "sack the board" every time we went a goal down wasn't going to do it.

Scaring a few teenage, minimum wage earning SD employees, and asking the staff of crammed pre-match pubs to distinguish between prices for those who are wearing a sticker or not wearing a sticker may get the approval of the zealots on here but I think the majority of the "sheep" are hoping that someone with serious intent and a realistic strategy to remove Ashley will come forward.

Not sure that insulting people who don't totally agree with you has ever been the best way to influence them and make them change their mind.

The problem may be that, although the majority of the 50,000 "sheep" want to see Ashley out, they take the view that it's just the same old bunch of attention seekers, promoting the same ultimately ineffective, form of protest.

The original Magpie Group, unlike today's version, was strongly backed by savvy and successful businessmen who knew how to really make things change and realised that singing "sack the board" every time we went a goal down wasn't going to do it.

Scaring a few teenage, minimum wage earning SD employees, and asking the staff of crammed pre-match pubs to distinguish between prices for those who are wearing a sticker or not wearing a sticker may get the approval of the zealots on here but I think the majority of the "sheep" are hoping that someone with serious intent and a realistic strategy to remove Ashley will come forward.

You don't appear to understand what TMG is doing.

Possibly not, but I'd then say that apart from the same couple of dozen who post on this thread regularly the vast majority of the "sheep" may not understand, so are they getting their message over ?

What I do know is that a lot of us have seen this (or very similar) before and know that the fat lad will hardly be quaking in his boots about a twitter campaign or a couple of hundred people shouting outside one of his stores every once in a while.

Nothing wrong with a bit of protest in the meantime if you think it helps or makes you feel good but ultimately change will only come when someone with real clout and finances fancies taking it on.

Possibly not, but I'd then say that apart from the same couple of dozen who post on this thread regularly the vast majority of the "sheep" may not understand, so are they getting their message over ?

What I do know is that a lot of us have seen this (or very similar) before and know that the fat lad will hardly be quaking in his boots about a twitter campaign or a couple of hundred people shouting outside one of his stores every once in a while.

Nothing wrong with a bit of protest in the meantime if you think it helps or makes you feel good but ultimately change will only come when someone with real clout and finances fancies taking it on.

You might well be of an age to have seen the original group and I couldn’t possibly comment on that. Think you’re getting a bit hung up on the sheep label touted by less tactful characters on here. Haven’t heard that expressed by TMG yet. I’m 31 and have never seen anything like this being done with tools like SM and direct conflict against media elements so I’m not sure what’s gone before is directly comparable. KPMG retracted an article based on protest. Pretty unprecedented.

I’ve not seen anything as serious as this in my few couple of decades of support so I’m definitely watching this space.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd probably err away from calling them sheep if you want to get them onside like. [emoji38]

Why it's the truth though as the majority who go do sweet fa - when they actually start doing something like the people who do really give a fuck then that's when I'll stop calling them sheep. I honestly will be over the moon if they do but I don't think they will. Let's see at the Arsenal game how many do actually turn up no excuse it's at the ground and there is a match on

Because generally if you want people to side with you and do what you want them to do, calling them names is going to have the exact opposite reaction.