The Magpie Group

Heron

If anyone wants an update, there's a 10 page plus running commentary thread on RTG.....I kid you not.

Good meeting, a couple of absolute melts there (

It's a public meeting after all) but there was a lot of sense talked, and plenty of passionate and intligent people in the room.

Good to put a face to a few names too.

If anyone wants an update, there's a 10 page plus running commentary thread on RTG.....I kid you not.

Good meeting, a couple of absolute melts there (

It's a public meeting after all) but there was a lot of sense talked, and plenty of passionate and intligent people in the room.

Good to put a face to a few names too.

Sorry for dodging out without saying goodbye, Bingo - wor lass rang! :???: Great to meet you, as well as Rod, Mark C, Paully, Rich (+brother), Greg and a couple of other lads. Great to put some names to faces. Thought the meeting went really well - everyone who wanted to speak got to - lots of good ideas and some not so, but good all the same. I asked a question and also gave Newcastle Online a bit of a shout out. :) I will definitely be at the next meeting, though I don't think I can make the protest before the Arsenal game, as that's my weekend with the bairn.

Feel energized after tonight, Whilst I can't offer much in the way of tech skills, I can speak and write and I will endeavor to do so. The clock is ticking.... 8 months to save NUFC.

Really got the impression that they have a lot of things going on behind the scenes that will put pressure on Ashley in many different ways plus counteracting his efforts to get at us.

They really seem to be going for a slow burn to ramp things up faster in future, a good strategy.

Good to meet a few people, some I have met before but could now get some ideas across. Loads of respect to Greg for his involvement.

Oh yes now we're talking. I'm there

Should move inside the club shop with the protest

That was discussed. Problem is that the club would be able to eject protesters, as it's private property, Anything from the road over to the path beside St James' Metro is public ground - NUFC can't do owt about that.

That was discussed. Problem is that the club would be able to eject protesters, as it's private property, Anything from the road over to the path beside St James' Metro is public ground - NUFC can't do owt about that.

Could they eject them tho? 100 people in there I doubt it.  People power all the way,,but I understand the concern

Could they eject them tho? 100 people in there I doubt it.  People power all the way,,but I understand the concern

Well they will have a fair few police officers around who will legally be allowed to arrest people if required.

You also have to remember that if we cross a line then the whole protest group moves away from being seen as peaceful and therefor leaves it open for the group to be rejected any peaceful forests in future, and even potentially ending the ‘wor flags’ displays in the stadium.

Well they will have a fair few police officers around who will legally be allowed to arrest people if required.

You also have to remember that if we cross a line then the whole protest group moves away from being seen as peaceful and therefor leaves it open for the group to be rejected any peaceful forests in future, and even potentially ending the ‘word flags’ displays in the stadium.

:lol:

You also have to remember that if we cross a line then the whole protest group moves away from being seen as peaceful and therefor leaves it open for the group to be rejected any peaceful forests in future, and even potentially ending the ‘word flags’ displays in the stadium.

:icon_scratch:

I think the general consensus was that there probably will be protests in the ground at some point. In the meantime, keep backing the manager and players during the games, as they're giving it their all.

However, if there are to he protest at the game, they need to be at televised matches, and maybe include things like delaying kick off times which would disrupt the TV schedules and doing something in the ground that the cameras cant ignore (eg the Charlton tennis ball protest).

Points from the meeting (from Facebook)

Cracking meeting @TheMagpieGroup_ tonight. Approx 400 in attendance. Great ideas from organisers and floor. Of course some disagreements re boycott or not, lot of feeling not to (at least now) in respect of Rafa. But all respectful, no nastiness. In fact real sense of unity.

Some good points made (many of these from the floor and are merely ideas/suggestions)

1. It’s our club. It’s up to us to take action if we want change.

2. Since online campaign against Sports Direct, share price has dropped from £4.10 to £3.74

3. #NUFC and probably Rangers fans will attend SD AGM next week.

4. 4. Ashley hates being scrutinised.

5. KPMG article earlier today supporting Ashley’s ownership of #NUFC has now been deleted due to factual inaccuracies highlighted by NUFC fans.

6. Targeting SD and other businesses with Ashley interests pressurises him with other shareholders.

7. Would like to org public meeting with local MPs. before Xmas poss end of Oct

8. Suggestion from floor. Possibility of making contact with Keegan as catalyst? (He’s on Tyneside at the beginning of next month re his autobiography)

9. Accountants analysing relationship between #NUFC and SD

10. Suggestion from floor - boycott TV games = less attractive, less televised games = less advertising for Ashley.

Countered by others support for Rafa and team - both valid points.

11. Another from floor - go in late. When match delayed several years ago due to screen - club significantly find for 25 min delay (also disruptive if game televised). Difficult to get equalibrium that can attract numbers.

12. Suggestion to engage with local pubs - money off pints/food with flyers from protests

13. Urgency - Rafa here for 8 more months

14. Narrative changing re #NUFC & SD. More and more voices in media countering Wise/Keys/Grey’s pro Ashley, anti Rafa garbage.

15. Focus on SD & his businesses. They’re his babies, money is his God, he hates losing & people standing up to him.

16. Maintaining pressure on internet/social media & mainstream media.

17. Keep putting facts out there.

‘Our truth is greater than their lies’

18. Spread the word!

19. Arsenal game - Outside SD at SJP (ie club shop) opposite side of Strawberry Pl - try to avoid side next to ground which is private #NUFC property.

I've just checked RTG (as Bingo said) and the mackems really do have a 12 page thread on tonight's meeting! :???: Obsessed? Not much!

They absolutely hate the fact that our support is far more pro active than theirs is. They just sat back and watched their club disappear into obscurity whearas we are fighting for ours and it really sticks in their throats.

I've just checked RTG (as Bingo said) and the mackems really do have a 12 page thread on tonight's meeting! :???: Obsessed? Not much!

They absolutely hate the fact that our support is far more pro active than theirs is. They just sat back and watched their club disappear into obscurity whearas we are fighting for ours and it really sticks in their throats.

Yep. Seen a few of them on RTG seemingly happy that it took League One football for their owner to walk. They were happy scrambling around with their derby wins. Had they acted sooner then they mightn’t have had to set their club back about 5 years to get rid of Short.