The Magpie Group

Heron

So there were 400 people at the first meeting, and 150 at this one. Yet we don't want a boycott in case it backfires and things fizzle out.

Let me just put something out there: Standing outside a different branch of SD every match with a few banners is not going to drum up support or increase supporter engagement. People need to feel like they're part of something which is moving forward, at the moment this feels quite stationary. People need something to rally behind. Something to believe in. Something to give them hope. Something new, something that's pushing the boundaries.

If between now and Christmas the only action is going to be standing outside various different branches of SD, then this movement is dead and Ashley has won. Again.

There were more people there last night in my opinion.

I presume you've joined the group and put your ideas forward?

Guest chopey

If the people I sit next to at the match are anything to go by when Rafa leaves they will just follow and not come back, no protests or riots in the street they will just not turn up.

It's sad to say but the passion has gone from supporting Newcastle, you only have turn up on a match day and sample the atmosphere to see that, Ashley has killed the club and when Big Sam is standing in the dugout chewing 4 packets of chewing gum I will just shake my head and dream of what could have been.

I am worried that the boycott idea is just going to be put off, put off, then won't even happen.

"Rafa said we need to support the team" seems to be the response.

So using that logic, unless Rafa comes out and says "please boycott now", then it's not going to happen.

I am worried that the boycott idea is just going to be put off, put off, then won't even happen.

So using that logic, unless Rafa comes out and says "please boycott now", then it's not going to happen.

That argument collapses once Rafa goes.

That argument collapses once Rafa goes.

But we want Rafa to stay.

Guest firetotheworks

Of course we do, but you can't have it all, that's why other forms of protest are happening until then. We could barely get home fans to boycott when Pardew and McLaren were here, I don't know why that would suddenly change with Rafa here, telling us he needs our support.

Guest The Little Waster

The whole " If Rafa goes we go " is a passive statement ... if they were serious they would just up and leave , Rafa or no Rafa ...

The whole " If Rafa goes we go " is a passive statement ... if they were serious they would just up and leave , Rafa or no Rafa ...

Well there’s the small matter of him not having left as the litmus test. I agree with the nationally thing. The away support need help. Particularly in London. I’d crawl over glass to properly protest at the Oxford st store. SD offices are directly opposite.

Guest chopey

My thoughts are if Rafa is still here then he must have a feeling that things could change and he might get his own way on transfers and infrastructure investment, the minute he goes, that last little flicker of hope goes with him. People don't want to give up on their club but Rafa leaving will be the last straw for a lot of fans.

A boycott will happen lads. I can nigh on guarantee it. It's striking at the right time that is key. If we boycott for Brighton then turn up to Watford it looks stupid. It needs to be on Sky preferably but it also needs to be consistent for a few games. A walk in or walk out may be best for now.

A boycott will happen lads. I can nigh on guarantee it. It's striking at the right time that is key. If we boycott for Brighton then turn up to Watford it looks stupid. It needs to be on Sky preferably but it also needs to be consistent for a few games. A walk in or walk out may be best for now.

Delayed walk ins with protests outside on any televised games should definitely be the way forward imho, until people are prepared to boycott.

next live game go for a walk in, stay out for first 10-15mins,  even better if police then say delay kick off but sky are kicking off as it's messing with the running of the show. 

next live game go for a walk in, stay out for first 10-15mins,  even better if police then say delay kick off but sky are kicking off as it's messing with the running of the show.

This is exactly what I've been advocating all along.....start affecting TV scheduling and the TV companies won't show our games (because we're shite too) ergo, no more SD exposure for Mike.

Boycott is worth it even if only 10,000 bother.

That would be tremendous.... At this point we would be lucky to get half of that in reality.

think it will be even less than that following the fucking pizza night.

plenty will be saying "calm down with protests now, ashley's got the message."

Agreed about the consistency, a one off will be good but the more games the better.

He won't be sat there laughing in a half empty ground.

Boycott is worth it even if only 10,000 bother.

Exactly, it's worth it just to get a few less people giving Ashley money for a game, it all helps.

Aye it would definitely be worth it, and I'm sure most people on this forum agree with that... But the reality is, there is zero chance of that many people dong it at this point.  I'm even more convinced of that after seeing comments on social media etc regarding ashleys happy hour the other night.