The Magpie Group

Heron

Guest firetotheworks

Attacking the fans is hardly the way forward. I seriously doubt Ashley would give a f*** if the stadium was half empty anyway.

He absolutely would. Read an article from a Sky spokesman in today's Times where he was saying full stadiums with passionate fans was absolutely crucial to selling the Premier as a worldwide spectacle. One of the reasons we have always been heavily featured I suspect, despite being s*** for the last 10 years.

He couldn't be arsed investing in the team to even stay in the league nevermind help promote it.

Eh? He literally only ever spends when it's to get into or stay in the PL.

Let's see what happens in January then.

Or just look at every January where we've been in real trouble. If Rafa has us looking healthier by January he'll spend fuck all.

Guest firetotheworks

If they aren't organising a boycott for the Wolves game then i'm getting a bit disillusioned with the group tbh.

*awaits backlash*

What do you mean by 'they'? It's a group of fans and the invites are open. Plenty on here go along. Come along and raise the suggestion/vote on it.

If they aren't organising a boycott for the Wolves game then i'm getting a bit disillusioned with the group tbh.

*awaits backlash*

It's been too placid from the start but that's only as there audience are spineless sheep. Even if we get took over tomrrow I don't think I could go back and be amongst spineless sheep who let Ashley just sit there completely unchallenged.

Should be an empty stadium and the players just downing tools. Coming 17th only benefits one man anyway

:lol: Put up or shut up man, you've done literally nothing yourself aside from not living in Newcastle and yet again you're having a dig at those who are.

:lol: :thup:

Couldn't go back and be amongst spineless sheep who let Ashley just sit there completely unchallenged, whilst he sits miles away 'letting' Ashley just sit there completely unchallenged

*awaits backlash*

It's been too placid from the start but that's only as there audience are spineless sheep. Even if we get took over tomrrow I don't think I could go back and be amongst spineless sheep who let Ashley just sit there completely unchallenged.

Should be an empty stadium and the players just downing tools. Coming 17th only benefits one man anyway

:lol: Put up or shut up man, you've done literally nothing yourself aside from not living in Newcastle and yet again you're having a dig at those who are.

What do you suggest then? To be honest it's gone now anyhow. Clubs done. I don't recognise or want to associate in future with our fans who are allowing Ashley to take the piss. At this stage our sheep are equally as much go blame for doing nothing as Ashley

*awaits backlash*

Couldn't go back and be amongst spineless sheep who let Ashley just sit there completely unchallenged, whilst he sits miles away letting Ashley just sit there completely unchallenged

Yeah I don't go to the matches and rightly so. 99% of our fans are happy to sit there in silence and do nothing and don't even get it anyway so what's me coming all the way up to Newcastle going to do? I obviously am passionate about it or I wouldn't be venting on here all the time.

Just angers me how our fans are letting Ashley destroy the club and aren't bothered. Even if my train fare was free I have no desire to even be in the city. Our matchgoers now sicken me I don't want to be around them. I have fell out with my 2 best mates and dad due to it as well so I have nowhere to stay even if I came home on a weekend

*awaits backlash*

Couldn't go back and be amongst spineless sheep who let Ashley just sit there completely unchallenged, whilst he sits miles away 'letting' Ashley just sit there completely unchallenged

As I said i rightly don't go but if people are still going and he's there at least let him have it. They just aren't bothered man. Even mick lowes who should know what nufc is about won't hear a bad word about Ashley. I known what the club was but it seems the majority who go now don't and are content with Ashley and a yoyo club

*awaits backlash*

What do you mean by 'they'? It's a group of fans and the invites are open. Plenty on here go along. Come along and raise the suggestion/vote on it.

"They" as in the people who ultimately make the decisions of the protests etc.

I suffer from social anxiety so going to the meetings isn't easy for me, however i have submitted my ideas by email and voted on the online poll on the last newsletter.

Guest firetotheworks

*awaits backlash*

What do you suggest then? To be honest it's gone now anyhow. Clubs done. I don't recognise or want to associate in future with our fans who are allowing Ashley to take the p*ss. At this stage our sheep are equally as much go blame for doing nothing as Ashley

I'm not sure how many times you're going to continue saying the same thing before you realise that we heard you about two years ago like. :lol:

Join TMG, get your voice heard, make suggestions, do your own thing, do something , or at least something more constructive than trash talking those who are trying or fans in general while contributing nothing.

Or give up, it up to you.

*awaits backlash*

As I said i rightly don't go but if people are still going and he's there at least let him have it. They just aren't bothered man. Even mick lowes who should know what nufc is about won't hear a bad word about Ashley. I known what the club was but it seems the majority who go now don't and are content with Ashley and a yoyo club

The point is you don't just vent, you slate other people for not doing what you think they should be doing.

You coming up and joining in protests etc would be doing something.  All you do is repeat the same thing over and over, and over...and over on here (which is the equivalent to nothing...especially considering the majority (?) on here have stopped going including myself).  Not surprised you're losing mates if you go on with them the way you go on on here, griefing people isn't the way to go about it.

As I said, you could come up, be part of the talk ins/protests/put ideas forward etc etc.  But no, you do nothing, and let Ashley just sit there completely unchallenged.

I'm not trash talking TGM, fair play to them and they and about 5/10% of others including all this board will go down in my eyes as part of the proper old brigade.  But they/we are fighting a losing battle, the appetite isn't there amongst our zombies.

Ashley I can get being a cunt but our fans should know better. They are more to blame at this point for me. I haven't spoke to my dad for weeks over it or mates for months. I'm happy just staying down here out the way of it to be honest. When my Dad who I went with in the 90s and should get it and my best mates are part of the support the team brigade and still go and defend Ashley that's me out

Just totally disillusioned how he can sit in the ground today with barely a cross word to him. I think I have given up. Even if we got taken over on Monday I don't think I could go back to SJP and sit amongst the type of fan who goes now. They don't get what nufc was. We were a fucking regular team in Europe pre Ashley now a yoyo club yet nobody seems to mention that they all just accept it.

I had a great time going home and away for 20 years but it's done now.

*awaits backlash*

The point is you don't just vent, you slate other people for not doing what you think they should be doing.

You coming up and joining in protests etc would be doing something.  All you do is repeat the same thing over and over, and over...and over on here (which is the equivalent to nothing...especially considering the majority (?) on here have stopped going including myself).  Not surprised you're losing mates if you go on with them the way you go on on here, griefing people isn't the way to go about it.

As I said, you could come up, be part of the talk ins/protests/put ideas forward etc etc.  But no, you do nothing, and let Ashley just sit there completely unchallenged.

Yes I get that but I'm not coming all the way up there midweek taking 2 days off work and having to pay for a hotel to arrange protests 95% of our fans aren't interested in. And yeah I just told them what I thought of them for defending Ashley and I stick by it. Don't care if I never speak to them again

Guest firetotheworks

*awaits backlash*

"They" as in the people who ultimately make the decisions of the protests etc.

I suffer from social anxiety so going to the meetings isn't easy for me, however i have submitted my ideas by email and voted on the online poll on the last newsletter.

Ultimate decisions are democratic with things like boycotts tbf. I don't think there's a single fan in TMG who are 'against' boycotts, it's about whether they're successful - the difficulties trying to get fans to do it during the Pardew era was like trying to get blood from a stone, so if you bring Rafa into it, who's also asked the fans to stick with them, it's probably even less realistic. That's my take on it, but I think they'll definitely happen after that when  Rafa's gone and those who refuse to budge will have no excuse whatsoever.

FWIW, I sit at the back and say nothing. There are suggestion boxes and it's good for taking ideas in and letting them influence your own.

Guest firetotheworks

That's just it though, waiting until Rafa goes to boycott is barmy.

Based on what? You have to remember that this isn't about me and you, it's about convincing those who still go to watch this shit, who fully believe that they're supporting the team, not the regime, that think we're a disgrace for not going in the same that we think they are for going. It's about those people boycotting, if they don't it's a failure, no matter how hard we can work to lead the horse to water.

Based on what? You have to remember that this isn't about me and you, it's about convincing those who still go to watch this s***, who fully believe that they're supporting the team, not the regime, that think we're a disgrace for not going in the same that we think they are for going. It's about those people boycotting, if they don't it's a failure, no matter how hard we can work to lead the horse to water.

Based on having a world class manager and trying to get rid of Ashley before he goes.

I don't care if say there are 48k there for the (hopefully) Wolves boycott, would it be a successful boycott? No. Is it better than 50k being there? Yes.

I don't think it can "fail" as such.

It has to be at least tried.

Guest firetotheworks

Based on what? You have to remember that this isn't about me and you, it's about convincing those who still go to watch this s***, who fully believe that they're supporting the team, not the regime, that think we're a disgrace for not going in the same that we think they are for going. It's about those people boycotting, if they don't it's a failure, no matter how hard we can work to lead the horse to water.

Based on having a world class manager and trying to get rid of Ashley before he goes.

I don't care if say there are 48k there for the (hopefully) Wolves boycott, would it be a successful boycott? No. Is it better than 50k being there? Yes.

Howeh, 48k attendance for one match on the back of a fully organised boycott would be a huge failure, man. It wouldn't make headlines aside from it being mocked and it wouldn't stop Sky showing our matches for example. You might not care, but that would be a total waste of TMG resources that could have been spent on something with a much bigger impact like, for example, muddying the reputations of leading SD shareholders. Keeping Rafa would be great, but this is bigger than him, but weirdly he's the main thing standing in the way of a boycott because he's rightly loved by our fans and our fans might not want to support Ashley, but they want to support him.

Howeh, 48k attendance for one match on the back of a fully organised boycott would be a huge failure, man. It wouldn't make headlines aside from it being mocked and it wouldn't stop Sky showing our matches for example. You might not care, but that would be a total waste of TMG resources that could have been spent on something with a much bigger impact like, for example, muddying the reputations of leading SD shareholders. Keeping Rafa would be great, but this is bigger than him, but weirdly he's the main thing standing in the way of a boycott because he's rightly loved by our fans and our fans might not want to support Ashley, but they want to support him.

I was using that as a worst case scenario, but it's still less money in Ashley's pocket (all helps).

They will probably 'officially' announce it way higher than the actual number of people through the turnstiles like.

Honestly, if organised by TMG, i think there will be about 35k there for the Wolves game, that'd be a success.

Can say what you want but 50,000 sat in there in silence whilst the man who has suffocated this club to death and beyond repair sits there with not a cross word to him is pathetic and exactly why this has all been allowed to happen

Even if people had to go but gave him hell for 90 mins there could be a way forward with that but not with the apathy that reigns. People aren't even that fussed about him most people don't even mention him when discussing the problems.

Guest firetotheworks

I was using that as a worst case scenario, but it's still less money in Ashley's pocket (all helps).

They will probably 'officially' announce it way higher than the actual number of people through the turnstiles like.

Honestly, if organised by TMG, i think there will be about 35k there for the Wolves game, that'd be a success.

I think that would be a success too, but I also think you're kidding yourself about how willing the average SJP fan would be to participate.

We should absolutely boycott the next live tv home game. Go into town, do your thing, but don’t set foot in the ground. Rafa will understand if he’s still there. Get it out there; go to to town, go in the pub, protest outside, the time is now. I really wish Rafa wasn’t the manager; there should be no conflict, make a statement. Do not attend the next live Sky game.

I noticed loads of tourists at the match today and put them alongside the happy clappers and the people just walking past the protest without even acknowledging it and any major boycott would fall flat

The thing baffles me is people saying "We need to support the team". Well 10 years in and hows that going for us?

It really saddens me that as much as I would like to I can't even take my Grandson to games due to this toxic fuck asset hoover. He won't ever experience that as a kid as long as Ashley is in charge.

Before a boycott to really work I think there needs to be an open letter both to Ashley and the fans stating the position and getting as many people associated with the club to sign it as possible. Imagine a letter signed by Shearer, KK, Lady Robson, SJH, all the way down to Olivier Bernard etc could really light the touch paper.