The Magpie Group

Heron

It needs to be announced ASAP as there will be people already making plans to go to the game, and the more time goes by without it being announced the less people will boycott, just saying.

i made the same point a month ago or summit aye, and i agree, but for better or worse TMG seem to be trying to build slowly and i think it's best left to it myself

hopefully they'll see the value of something visual for the wolves game and announce it ASAP

Not sure why the mag have went on their own to arrange a Boycott.  Would have made sense to speak to the magpie group first.  Not because the magpie group are some higher power, but because they're basically an umbrella for other groups, nust, ashley out etc.

The lad from spirit of shankly nailed it at the talk in, saying it all needs to be done under one group, rather than loads of smaller groups doing their own thing.  It's just daft imo, if it's not done right it'll just end up as a pissy little Boycott with a couple of hundred not attending.

Hopefully, if it does go ahead, the other groups will throw their support behind it as it isn't going to be an easy job.

Yes i agree it needs to be under one group, united we stand divided we fall and all that, it just seems such a perfect game to do it, but TMG seemed to be making noises about doing it after January, i'm just eager to see what their plans are, and, as i said before, this one does need to be announced ASAP if it is a goer. :thup:

It’s gone very quiet like and I appreciate things have process. A vague newsletter every so often needs improving because I’m sure stuff is happening but you need the heightened reality, appearance of hyper activity and energy. This international break has been a missed opportunity tbh.

#boycottwolves

I don't know if TMG are going be organising this or not, but do it either way i reckon.

no chance people will boycott the Wolves game,  better option is for everyone to go in after 10 mins which will be easier to organise & possibility of more getting involved,  game starts in a near empty stadium, possible chance kick off gets delayed which would seriously piss off SKY and the premier league  and put more heat/scrutiny  on the club.

#boycottwolves

I don't know if TMG are going be organising this or not, but do it either way i reckon.

no chance people will boycott the Wolves game,  better option is for everyone to go in after 10 mins which will be easier to organise & possibility of more getting involved,  game starts in a near empty stadium, possible chance kick off gets delayed which would seriously p*ss off SKY and the premier league  and put more heat/scrutiny  on the club.

Why is there no chance people will boycott?

We are doing shite, and its not against a top team, live on TV.

If they aren't targeting this game then they might aswell not bother at all.

Am i expecting an empty stadium? Of course not! But there will still be enough to make a statement.

Put it this way, the Spurs boycott was noticeable if not a huge success, but there is more call for a boycott now, and it's against a lesser team.

It's time fo rthe protests to be brought inside the stadium now. I know Rafa has said just to carry on supporting the team (not that that's happening anyway) but, and as much as I love the bloke, he'll ride off into the sunset come the end of the season and we'll still be lumbered with this absolutely pointless football club.and an owner bleeding it dry. For this reason I think it's now time Rafa was ignored here and people started to act for the greater good of the club rather than the manager or the players.

As things stand, and with Ashley running the show does it really matter if we are in the Premier League or the Championship next season anyway?

It's time fo rthe protests to be brought inside the stadium now. I know Rafa has said just to carry on supporting the team (not that that's happening anyway) but, and as much as I love the bloke, he'll ride off into the sunset come the end of the season and we'll still be lumbered with this absolutely pointless football club.and an owner bleeding it dry. For this reason I think it's now time Rafa was ignored here and people started to act for the greater good of the club rather than the manager or the players.

As things stand, and with Ashley running the show does it really matter if we are in the Premier League or the Championship next season anyway?

Exactly. They should have been bought into the stadium from minute 1 v Spurs.

Twitter and many that already don't go then.

I hope it's successful like, but I can't see it happening.

Twitters bigger than this place, and hardly anyone on here attends weekly.

Match threads full in here and active weekly,  and a bucket load of posters not even in the UK.

Still not sure what it matters if they attend or not, show solidarity to all fans and if a boycott happens those that have been followers all their lives and can't empower themselves might still need empowering from others.

It's better if TMG attend as a protest and the blind get caught up in the emotion and then are influenced to take part in any form of boycott be it a ten minute one or a full half or whatever, I don't attend anymore but I will come out to try and influence those attending to take the first step of action be it big or small.

Guest firetotheworks

STOP. f***ing. ATTENDING.

PLEASE.

Do something about it? Go to a meeting? Total waste of time just posting it on here, hardly anyone on here goes and Twitter etc doesn't represent the fans inside SJP at all.