The Magpie Group

Heron

Surely the lack of support from the group for a boycott is down to Rafa reiterating time and time again that the team need the fans support

What support?

People sit in silence.

We have lost every home game with the fans "support".

A boycott literally can't make things any worse.

Surely the lack of support from the group for a boycott is down to Rafa reiterating time and time again that the team need the fans support

What support?

People sit in silence.

Agreed but not enough back it...yet. Ground work is being laid.

Thanks to everyone who came.

Good to get some ideas and information out. I think towards the end it was more of a case of people voicing their anger, but we need to keep the platform we have to progress. Good that the more proactive speakers spoke when the MP’s were present. I managed to talk to one afterwards as well as Mark Douglas and the legend that is George Caulkin. One guy who was with the MP’s and journalists even came up to me and thanked me for saying what I did, as no one really knew about it and it made not only the other fans perk up and take notice, but the MP’s and journalists.

I’m going to work on gaining more information regarding the matter, I also have a snippet of information that regarding it that I never made publicly that I shared with Mark Douglas which made him very interested. As I said I’ll work on getting more information and giving to the MP’s, and journalists so they could take the matter further.

Good to get some ideas and information out. I think towards the end it was more of a case of people voicing their anger, but we need to keep the platform we have to progress. Good that the more proactive speakers spoke when the MP’s were present. I managed to talk to one afterwards as well as Mark Douglas and the legend that is George Caulkin. One guy who was with the MP’s and journalists even came up to me and thanked me for saying what I did, as no one really knew about it and it made not only the other fans perk up and take notice, but the MP’s and journalists.

I’m going to work on gaining more information regarding the matter, I also have a snippet of information that regarding it that I never made publicly that I shared with Mark Douglas which made him very interested. As I said I’ll work on getting more information and giving to the MP’s, and journalists so they could take the matter further.

What did you say?

What support?

People sit in silence.

Can't make anything worse, but most likely won't help either as it will fall on it's face right now.  Once TMG have built a larger following, and hopefully got more of  the (as you put it) 'support' on side it has more chance of being a success.

As bad as it sounds the longer the team plummets, the more chance a boycott has of being successful.  It definitely needs to be done, I'm sure they'll nail it when the time comes.

What did you say?

I explained that Ashley has sold the Strawberry land onto another one of his firms. He currently has planning permission for a developent on the land that would prevent the possibility of not only the Gallowgate, but the Metro system. He could bring back one of the proposed buildings by a matter of meters which would allow for the Gallowgate and Metro expansion in future. In 18 months or so he has so far refused to bring back one of his buildings in order to do that. He is not only attacking our fans, but everyone in the city both now and in future. I asked if they could talk to their colleagues in Newcastle council in order to try and get a CPO on the site in order to prevent him from doing what’s he’s planning.

I was there tonight. At 6pm there was virtually nobody in the place so was worried that the turnout would be pitiful. Thankfully the room filled out pretty much to seating capacity and there looked to be around 150 people there once it got going.

Chi Onwurah and Ian Mearns spoke well but I was particularly impressed with Kevin Miles, a bloke I will gladly admit to not being a fan of in the past. He was excellent here though and made some very good points.

As Mearns pointed out, this is probably going to be a very long and hard slog to get this parasite out. But the campaign has to grow and tackling the apathy amongst the masses is going to be the greatest challenge of all.

Wasn't sure what to make of the guy with his £50m buy-in scheme. He seemed genuine enough but there was some rolling of eyes in the crowd where I was.

I was there tonight. At 6pm there was virtually nobody in the place so was worried that the turnout would be pitiful. Thankfully the room filled out pretty much to seating capacity and there looked to be around 150 people there once it got going.

Chi Onwurah and Ian Mearns spoke well but I was particularly impressed with Kevin Miles, a bloke I will gladly admit to not being a fan of in the past. He was excellent here though and made some very good points.

As Mearns pointed out, this is probably going to be a very long and hard slog to get this parasite out. But the campaign has to grow and tackling the apathy amongst the masses is going to be the greatest challenge of all.

Wasn't sure what to make of the guy with his £50m buy-in scheme. He seemed genuine enough but there was some rolling of eyes in the crowd where I was.

There is a fatal flaw to that scheme that would ensure it could never work. The sellers price inflation would kill it.

Guest neesy111

Thing that was very constructive as a meeting.  Stifler spoke very well about The strawberry place land, LFEE about the role of the freemen.  I spoke a little about how fans shouldn't belittle each about protesting  in different ways and how mile Ashley via Keith bishop is affected by criticism and how we have to keep up pressure on all fronts.

Thing that was very constructive as a meeting.  Stifler spoke very well about The strawberry place land, LFEE about the role of the freemen.  I spoke a little about how fans shouldn't belittle each about protesting  in different ways and how mile Ashley via Keith bishop is affected by criticism and how we have to keep up pressure on all fronts.

:thup:

Well done, lads :clap:

I spoke a little about how fans shouldn't belittle each about protesting in different ways

Fantastic! :clap: That's the road to victory and it's a pet hate of mine. Top job :D

Yeah it was a good speech, and a point that we need to carry forward. It is crucial that we do that if we are going to be successful.

Were there any other form of protest proposed?

Not really. Mostly just to direct protests nationally, not just locally, and obviously, some members calling for a boycott.

Everything up until one guy tried to get us to invest in his half-baked finance scheme to buy the club was good, it pretty much went downhill after that and was mostly just a repeat of the same comments from the last time and people just saying how angry they were with him.

So there were 400 people at the first meeting, and 150 at this one. Yet we don't want a boycott in case it backfires and things fizzle out.

Let me just put something out there: Standing outside a different branch of SD every match with a few banners is not going to drum up support or increase supporter engagement. People need to feel like they're part of something which is moving forward, at the moment this feels quite stationary. People need something to rally behind. Something to believe in. Something to give them hope. Something new, something that's pushing the boundaries.

If between now and Christmas the only action is going to be standing outside various different branches of SD, then this movement is dead and Ashley has won. Again.

So there were 400 people at the first meeting, and 150 at this one. Yet we don't want a boycott in case it backfires and things fizzle out.

Let me just put something out there: Standing outside a different branch of SD every match with a few banners is not going to drum up support or increase supporter engagement. People need to feel like they're part of something which is moving forward, at the moment this feels quite stationary. People need something to rally behind. Something to believe in. Something to give them hope. Something new, something that's pushing the boundaries.

If between now and Christmas the only action is going to be standing outside various different branches of SD, then this movement is dead and Ashley has won. Again.

From my observations, I don’t think there was any less people at this meeting than the last. I got there early and there was plenty about the same amount of people there. I think during the meeting a lot of people left when they learnt about Ashley arriving in Ponteland.

I don’t think 400 attended the last meeting.

Well they were the numbers given on here, iirc. Apologies if I've misremembered them.

Irrespective, my general point stands. This thing needs to move forward not stay still. If the next protest is just standing outside another branch of SD then I think people will start to drop off.

I may sound negative but I'm actually trying to be positive. We have a chance to make a difference here, a chance to do something. Let's not fuck it up.

Well they were the numbers given on here, iirc. Apologies if I've misremembered them.

Irrespective, my general point stands. This thing needs to move forward not stay still. If the next protest is just standing outside another branch of SD then I think people will start to drop off.

I may sound negative but I'm actually trying to be positive. We have a chance to make a difference here, a chance to do something. Let's not fuck it up.

Yeah. The original estimate was 200, but I remember one person saying if we could double that by telling our friends or bring one person along all of a sudden we have 400 and so on.

Whatever the number was I don’t think there was a significant decrease in attendance.

Trust me though, they have plans moving forward. The next protest or few protests maybe local, but they are looking to expand the protests in more way than 1.

Well hopefully that "moving forward" will be soon. There's no harm in the next few protests being local, as the club is local, but if local means trying to get people to stand outside SD yet again then people are going to quickly get bored.

This needs to move forward whilst we have momentum.

A boycott would almost certainly fall flat on its face, like. You're overestimating the desire of the majority of SJP to actually do something, massively.