The Magpie Group

Heron

Not sure an awful lot of the crowd attending SJP for matches these days can be called 'fans'.

Audience may be better word for large swathes of them. Started seeing it few years back. People coming with shopping bags, spending most of game chatting or on their phones, lack of singing and general excitement at anything to do with the game in front of them.

Modern football crowds maybe...

Either way the lack of action or large scale anger at what is being done to us is a touch sickening, especially from the crowds attending home games.

Many of the truly committed have long since stayed away and I think that is being reflected in this mass apathy now.

Guest firetotheworks

STOP. f***ing. ATTENDING.

PLEASE.

Do something about it? Go to a meeting? Total waste of time just posting it on here, hardly anyone on here goes and Twitter etc doesn't represent the fans inside SJP at all.

Just sick as f*** mate.

We all are, it's horrible. Get yourself to the next meeting if you can.

caller on radio newcastle just called the match fans scabs.

Thats the only way forward now- tell the 50k what they are- Scabs paying for the clubs demise.

Just heard that, nearly applauded sat in my front room.

Attacking the fans is hardly the way forward. I seriously doubt Ashley would give a f*** if the stadium was half empty anyway.

Oh ffs, the point is we DON'T KNOW because it hasn't happened!

There is literally nothing to lose in attempting it aswell.

5 defeats in a row ffs.

"Boycotting might harm the team" :lol:

Attacking the fans is hardly the way forward. I seriously doubt Ashley would give a f*** if the stadium was half empty anyway.

He doesn't give a fuck about anything else we do. He literally sits and laughs at us. What makes you think a half empty stadium would be any different?

Attacking the fans is hardly the way forward. I seriously doubt Ashley would give a fuck if the stadium was half empty anyway.

He absolutely would. Read an article from a Sky spokesman in today's Times where he was saying full stadiums with passionate fans was absolutely crucial to selling the Premier as a worldwide spectacle. One of the reasons we have always been heavily featured I suspect, despite being shit for the last 10 years.

Attacking the fans is hardly the way forward. I seriously doubt Ashley would give a fuck if the stadium was half empty anyway.

Ive said it somewhere else- but if he gets an offer for the club- is he more or less likely to accept if the stadium is empty?

in fact- even without an offer- if the stadium is empty is he more or less likely to decide to make an effort to find a buyer.

Guest neesy111

He doesn't give a fuck about anything else we do. He literally sits and laughs at us. What makes you think a half empty stadium would be any different?

Dave[/member]

He gets bothered about any protest, that's why he hires Keith Bishop.  Of-course he'd be fucking bothered.

He absolutely would. Read an article from a Sky spokesman in today's Times where he was saying full stadiums with passionate fans was absolutely crucial to selling the Premier as a worldwide spectacle. One of the reasons we have always been heavily featured I suspect, despite being s*** for the last 10 years.

He couldn't be arsed investing in the team to even stay in the league nevermind help promote it.

He absolutely would. Read an article from a Sky spokesman in today's Times where he was saying full stadiums with passionate fans was absolutely crucial to selling the Premier as a worldwide spectacle. One of the reasons we have always been heavily featured I suspect, despite being s*** for the last 10 years.

He couldn't be arsed investing in the team to even stay in the league nevermind help promote it.

He gets 50k fans through the turnstiles regardless of which division we are in, that's enough to keep the tv stations interested.

He doesn't give a f*** about anything else we do. He literally sits and laughs at us. What makes you think a half empty stadium would be any different?

Howay man.

Guest firetotheworks

You're wrong there like. The Spurs boycott was the exact thing that made him give McClaren/Carr £90m to waste. Sources: Luke Edwards and George Caulking.

Guest firetotheworks

Eh? He literally only ever spends when it's to get into or stay in the PL.

Did you see the England game against Croatia? A Premier League game played in a similar atmosphere would make negative headlines around the world.

What's your alternative? Keep giving him money on an indefinite basis, no matter what he does? I think our "fans" have got that covered, it's working really well. :thup:

If they aren't organising a boycott for the Wolves game then i'm getting a bit disillusioned with the group tbh.

*awaits backlash*

It's been too placid from the start but that's only as there audience are spineless sheep. Even if we get took over tomrrow I don't think I could go back and be amongst spineless sheep who let Ashley just sit there completely unchallenged.

Should be an empty stadium and the players just downing tools. Coming 17th only benefits one man anyway

Eh? He literally only ever spends when it's to get into or stay in the PL.

Let's see what happens in January then.

Guest firetotheworks

If they aren't organising a boycott for the Wolves game then i'm getting a bit disillusioned with the group tbh.

*awaits backlash*

It's been too placid from the start but that's only as there audience are spineless sheep. Even if we get took over tomrrow I don't think I could go back and be amongst spineless sheep who let Ashley just sit there completely unchallenged.

Should be an empty stadium and the players just downing tools. Coming 17th only benefits one man anyway

:lol: Put up or shut up man, you've done literally nothing yourself aside from not living in Newcastle and yet again you're having a dig at those who are.