The Magpie Group

Heron

Guest firetotheworks

A boycoutt will fall massively on its arse IMO.

Having looked at the Twitter comments, I'm even more certain of it now. It's exactly what you'd expect to see - "it'll make no difference", "Ashley doesn't give a shit", "no one's dictating to me whether I support my club", "we were safe when we had the Spurs boycott", "the lads need our support" - All either bollocks based on nothing with a mountain of contrary evidence (Ashley not giving a shit) or giving themselves far too much credit over what they consider to be support.

All properly disheartening, but not unexpected in the slightest. Funny how they have these pretend principles over watching matches in silence, but not over handing over money to Ashley so he can systematically destroy the thing they think they're supporting.

Having looked at the Twitter comments, I'm even more certain of it now. It's exactly what you'd expect to see - "it'll make no difference", "Ashley doesn't give a shit", "no one's dictating to me whether I support my club", "we were safe when we had the Spurs boycott", "the lads need our support" - All either bollocks based on nothing with a mountain of contrary evidence (Ashley not giving a shit) or giving themselves far too much credit over what they consider to be support.

All properly disheartening, but not unexpected in the slightest. Funny how they have these pretend principles over watching matches in silence, but not over handing over money to Ashley so he can systematically destroy the thing they think they're supporting.

Maybe you need to change the angle. People love the flags etc and celebrating heritage seems to go down well. People are fed up of sheer ‘negativity’ and perhaps showing protest as something that can be ‘just as fun’ as the match (:lol:) is needed. Need some quirkiness/sone wit about it to get media traction and the necessary factor.

1) There's comments like that about everything under the sun. Even protesting against Alan Pardew.

2) That's why you need a campaign to explain why to boycott and how it makes a difference.

3) That message needs to repeat repeat repeat. Not just for one Wolves game.  Seeing one ad on tv doesnt make anyone buy anything. You need repetition and time.

Guest firetotheworks

Having looked at the Twitter comments, I'm even more certain of it now. It's exactly what you'd expect to see - "it'll make no difference", "Ashley doesn't give a s***", "no one's dictating to me whether I support my club", "we were safe when we had the Spurs boycott", "the lads need our support" - All either bollocks based on nothing with a mountain of contrary evidence (Ashley not giving a s***) or giving themselves far too much credit over what they consider to be support.

1) There's comments like that about everything under the sun. Even protesting against Alan Pardew.

2) That's why you need a campaign to explain why to boycott and how it makes a difference.

3) That message needs to repeat repeat repeat. Not just for one Wolves game.  Seeing one ad on tv doesnt make anyone buy anything. You need repetition and time.

I don't disagree, I'm more just making the point that it's still there and more prevalent than it was for say the Pardew protest.

Imagine telling Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks that the Montgomery Bud Boycott wouldn’t work?

“Well we’ve had Jim Crow laws for 100 years so it’s obviously not going to change anything is it? Let’s just keep getting the bus and be treated like shit”.

It took MLK a year for the boycott to work, costing the bus company a fortune in lost revenue before the Supreme Court ruled it illegal.

Sacrifices are never going to be easy. If it means not watching Newcastle for a game or two to send a message that may actually make Ashley sit up and notice - you’ve got to get behind it.

Guest firetotheworks

Imagine telling Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks that the Montgomery Bud Boycott wouldn’t work?

“Well we’ve had Jim Crow laws for 100 years so it’s obviously not going to change anything is it? Let’s just keep getting the bus and be treated like shit”.

It took MLK a year for the boycott to work, costing the bus company a fortune in lost revenue before the Supreme Court ruled it illegal.

Sacrifices are never going to be easy. If it means not watching Newcastle for a game or two to send a message that may actually make Ashley sit up and notice - you’ve got to get behind it.

I think you've forgotten that "Ashley doesn't care, man™"

Day outs and now almost meaningless platitudes like ‘what is a club in any case’ are easier to do. At least with Rosa Parks it was fundamentally affecting quality of life. I get the impression many are happy to pay an Ashley tax to get together. I don’t like knocking people and their social lives but to me it’s not worth some fat rich cunt laughing directly at me whilst picking my pocket.

“He’s already got your money man! What’s the point?”

Guest firetotheworks

“He’s already got your money man! What’s the point?”

I still keep laughing to myself over "sit down and support the team" - completely oblivious to just how much that sums these people up.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

It's a joke now, and not a very good joke. People need to see the bigger picture. There's no enjoyment in 'supporting' nufc. Stop going to games, cancel your season tickets, and stop being complicit in the destruction of the club we all love.

It's a joke now, and not a very good joke. People need to see the bigger picture. There's no enjoyment in 'supporting' nufc. Stop going to games, cancel your season tickets, and stop being complicit in the destruction of the club we all love.

But how else will I get time away from my wife? ???

The whole groups agenda should shift towards boycotting pretty soon. Not just arranging a match boycott or two. It should be a constant message until he's gone.

And the success of it should be realistically judged. Not aimed at having the stadium empty for this and that game but generally lowering the attendances over a long period. The "it'll fail miserably" is a very short term view.

A lot of people would obviously still go but it would make the decision not to go easier for them knowing there's a whole movement on it. Something they can join in on.

And when I say the agenda should shift I mean EVERYTHING should be aimed at boycotting Ashley's club. All the banners, all the protests, all the interviews. Just hammer it and it'll catch on. Don't stop when the first match isnt half empty.

Easy to preach from the outside, but it appears to be that the main obstacle is a divided fan base. If The Magpie Group is meant to cover all supporter organisations, it must have a glaring hole in how to represent the casual fans.

Next step should be educating the casual fans, old fashioned style. Leaflet drops door to door, a5 with 3 facts in big letters about Ashley's reign, with a link to further info etc.

Fanbase needs to be United before anything will work imo.

Just propose it and go for it man, there is no point in tip toeing around the issue any longer.

Propose it, if it works great if not better than not trying, it will absolutley not be TMG's fault/problem if it doesn't work, it will be the people who ignored it and went anyway.

That's my thoughts.

I agree.

Plus you simply cannot expect the first "proper" action to be decisive, it seems that the fear of it not being decisive is holding TMG back from trying anything beyond standing outside another branch of Sports Sodding Direct.

So what if it's done and the engagement isn't Earth-shattering. You go again the following week. And the one after. It will build.

Guest firetotheworks

If it's something you truly believe will work, join TMG/Ashley Out and get involved in the large amount of work that goes into attempting to organise boycotts and protests. Posting on here isn't going to do much, especially when you're asking other people to put the work into something that they might think is a waste of their efforts at the moment.

If it's something you truly believe will work, join TMG/Ashley Out and get involved in the large amount of work that goes into attempting to organise boycotts and protests. Posting on here isn't going to do much, especially when you're asking other people to put the work into something that they might think is a waste of their efforts at the moment.

It's a forum and i'm offering my opinion, as is everyone else, you don't need to tell us all to get more involved everytime we offer an opinion or idea mate.

It's a forum and i'm offering my opinion, as is everyone else, you don't need to tell us all to get more involved everytime we offer an opinion or idea mate.

With respect, it’s a point worth raising if you are going to make the same point more than once (which I agree with and I have no problem with btw) the next logical step is to suggest you get involved.

Guest firetotheworks

Sorry but I disagree. You're saying what they should do, but they is all of us.

Not being arsey or owt, I just don't see the point of posting in here, talking about the work that other fans should do when you have the opportunity to get involved in the work yourself, no matter how small. It's quite a unique opportunity where your opinion can actually make a difference, instead of it just being on a forum.