Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur - 11/08/18 @ 12.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We’ve lost 4 out of last five, six out of last 15, 8 out of the 25 league games since football began. We’ve won one of the last five, 7 of last 15, and 12 of last 25. That should leave 5 draws overall. None of which means anything, but 1-1 it is!

No doubt they'll play all their players just back but we'll consider it too risky to even put Muto in the squad.

That's Rafa's way though, he has worked with players through pre-season and will likely go with that, although I do expect Kenedy to start and maybe Rondon if he signs.

Then Rondon gets injured for the season and we have nothing until Jan at least

Hopefully better than last time where Lejeune got taken out with no punishment and Dele Alli was allowed to wind us up. We weren't especially outplayed in that game at 11v11, and I suspect it'll be similar. Our lack of firepower is the obvious big worry. Could do with Big Mo being okay too.

We're into new territory with the window closing early, so it could be a bit mad this coming week. A big bid in for Eriksen or something might unsettle them.

Any displays or protests being arranged for this? Inside the ground or out?

Yeah

A huge display of apathy and vindication when 52,000 sheep turn up and sit in silence grateful to mike for Rondon on loan

Unreal patter

Any displays or protests being arranged for this? Inside the ground or out?

Yeah

A huge display of apathy and vindication when 52,000 sheep turn up and sit in silence grateful to mike for Rondon on loan

Unreal patter

Must be the life and soul of any party  :lol:

True though. Ah your the type who would just rather turn up support the team not the the regime and pretend that everything is fine. The fact we have 52,000 plus spineless people like that is why we have had 11 years of the cunt and will have 11 more.

Saturday should be all about protesting, boycotting and stirring up as much negative press for the horrible cunt as possible. Shame our fanbase is too apathetic to do that

Sorry I'm just raging. I just find it hard to see people going to the match and doing nothing and people talking about the match like it matters at all. There is nothing to support. No chance of progression or a team built ever until he goes.

Getting him out is far more important than any match. I would happily start a fresh from the bottom of the championship with a proper owner than this horrid situation. Staggers me how people are still going and are yet to muster any real bad feelings towards Ashley. What will it take!? That's why the best thing that can happen now is for Benitez to walk as it MIGHT just set off enough momentum against Ashley

Most of the Spurs 11 are back training tomorrow. Given that their 11 has remained largely the same for a few years, I don't see any reason barring injuries why the majority of them won't start the game. Will be the tough game we expect it to be, but if we can start Shelvey, Kenedy, Dubravka & one of Muto or Rondon, I reckon we can take at least a point away.

And FWIW, this is the side that started last season vs them.

Elliot

Manquillo

Lejeune

Clark

Dummett

Shelvey

Hayden

Ritchie

Perez

Atsu

Gayle

Though we did make some early changes due to injuries.

(7) Lascelles for Dummett

(34) Mbemba for Lejeune