Newcastle United 1 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur - 10/08/18 - post-match from p. 17

Disco

We look what we are and were a solid mid table side but don't really have the threat to score much.

Well we have two new strikers to bring into the mix, so we'll see.

Think we're going to be good. This is a really tough Spurs team.

It's been a very respectable start all things considered.

We look what we are and were a solid mid table side but don't really have the threat to score much.

:thup:

Can’t really fault the effort. Diame does look off the pace though, even tracking back there he was struggling.

Kenedy, Shelvey and Ritchie have been excellent.

Perez anonymous. Joselu doing his best but we need more pace up front.

Spurs are great when teams let them play their game, if we frustrate them things could get interesting.

Ki, Rondon and Muto on would do nicely

I'm not concerned btw, thing we'll be alright. Despite the fact the owner casts a very dark shadow over everything and arguably that's what matters not what happens on the pitch.

I think Joselu converged our only clear chance so can’t complain about him really.

I think as a team we are doing OK but Spurs are just far superior in quality in all departments.

For all that superiority, they got their goals from totally avoidable situations. Dubravka could have let that shot trickle wide for the first one, instead they got a corner and they scored from it. Second goal was just the usual Ritchie/Yedlin combo not able to defend on the right flank.

Shame Diame has reverted to type. Goal aside Joselu has been his usual self. When he went down injured I found myself saying “hope it’s his achilles” which is probably a tad harsh.

Just don’t rate Yedlin or Clark at all, but beggars can’t be choosers.

Can’t really fault the effort. Diame does look off the pace though, even tracking back there he was struggling.

This is why i wanted a CM, no way in hell was he going to keep up that form. Not convinced Shelvey will either.

Diame has the athleticism but not the touch, Shelvey has the touch but not the motor.