Newcastle United vs Chelsea - 26/08/2018 @ 16:00 - Sky

Guest covmag

Rafa just said they're both injured

no he said Shelvey was injured, Lascelles he was very cagey about so it seems true.

Of course.

"Shelvey has been playing with pain for a couple of games and Lascelles has an ankle problem"

There's no way to absolutely know which story is true but Rafa is hardly going to hang his captain and best player out to dry in public after one episode.

Of course.

"Shelvey has been playing with pain for a couple of games and Lascelles has an ankle problem"

Well he isn’t going to highlight issues behind the scenes is he and to be fair I wouldn’t expect him to.

Of course.

I know he's claiming injuries. He would/should do that no matter what though. I don't think Craig Hope is making stuff up for the fun of it tbh.Unfortunately.

Lascelles is a fucking moron if he thinks he can kick up a fuss about the side of the back 3 he’s starting in. The club captain ffs.

And it looked like Schar was to be in the middle, who we've heard is very good on and at bringing the ball out. That makes sense if it's true and Jamaal has just had a tantrum over feck all really.

Anyway, doubt Lascelles is going to fall out with Rafa over one incident. He will realise that the manager takes responsibility for the tactics and result. Rafa is ruthless but he has the right to impose his say as gafter.

Why would Lascelles fall out with Rafa for playing 3 at the back though? He would have been part of that 3!

Wanted to play in the middle, not the right.

Why would Lascelles fall out with Rafa for playing 3 at the back though? He would have been part of that 3!

Would have been on the side of the 3 rather than middle (if true)

If that's the case then fuck him. I totally back Rafa. 100%