Newcastle United vs Chelsea - 26/08/2018 @ 16:00 - Sky

People have had enough, i know i have, you couldn't keep me away last season, i delusionally thought things might have been different, but it never will be while Mike Ashley is owner of Newcastle United.

Didn't renew my season ticket for this season, and was offered a free ticket for Sunday with my brother being offshore and I've knocked it back. Just can't be arsed with it all at the moment. Like you say things will never change whilst the fat parasite is here and even when he does leave I wouldn't be surprised if there's a big sting in the tail.

Guest Howaythetoon

A defeat by 3 goals against is how I see it ending. We may scrape a draw at the very best, but I can’t see us winning. The form, togetherness and momentum that enabled us to beat them and the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd last season isn’t there at the moment for whatever reason and it’s like last season all over again at this stage, an average team trying to find their feet and work out the best way to compete against this level of opposition without getting a hammering.

We looked good in patches against Spurs, but they didn’t get out of first gear, away to Cardiff we looked nothing like a team and won’t do so for a while yet as once again the manager is forced to try and create something better than the sum of its parts to a level that we can go on mini runs of winning or not losing to keep us in the division. That will take time and will be more difficult this time around.

Chelsea are due a win at SJP as well and have a returning Hazard likely to start who terrorised is at Stamford Bridge last season.

Guest covmag

i won't be attending, i keep asking myself why cos ive paid, but its not about the money or my passion i just cant be arsed with it all.

i had no intention of staying away but there you go fuck it.  :undecided: :undecided:

Guest Howaythetoon

I’ve been offered tickets for this for me and my boys and declined. Partly because I’m out Sunday to celebrate a mate’s 40th, but also because despite the match being on TV and all of us going out being all footy fans, I doubt we will even watch the game as the pub we are starting out at has only a few small screens and where we will be at is away from those screens.

I obviously want us to win and will check on the score, but in all honesty it’s not something that will occupy my thoughts or play a part in my day and night in any significant way.

I’m getting my footy fix tomorrow with Gateshead vs Leyton Orient whose gamesI hope to attend more often, home and away. My boys included.

I’m done with NUFC outside of wanting them to win because, well it’s my club, but moreso for Rafa these days and the players who are all a likeable bunch and deserve our good will.

I’ll continue to take an interest in any protests or fan movements from as far as my keyboard and will continue to post my usual rather short and sweet posts on here, but that’s where the interest or rather passion ends.

Even if Ashley somehow ends up selling up, I’m not so sure NUFC can lure me back in full-time as the damage is done and although the WC rekindled my love of the game purely in terms of the football played on the pitch which had me captivated like many for a whole month, I feel nothing for the game today to interest me enough, not outside of grassroots football and again NUFC in so far as it being my club which can’t be changed or undone and as such I’m stuck with always wanting our team to win or not lose.

Again that’s mainly because of Rafa. Under Pardew I was sadly cheering every defeat and goal against towards the end of his time here because I come to loathe him and everything about us under him more than I loved the club. Anyone other than Rafa and I’d feel the same while the club is still owned by Ashley.

You're letting FMA win then.  It's your city and it's your club and if you ever want it back you need to raise yourself and fight for it.

Giving up and going away is exactly what Ashley, Barnes, Bishop et al want us to do, we do that and they've won.  Don't go meekly into the night letting some arsehole take something from you that's a part of your very nature as a geordie, stand up and fight.

Even if you don't watch or attend the games, get to the protests, keep screwing him on social media, keep trying and in the end we'll win.

Keegan taught us to believe, listen to him.

Guest covmag

You're letting FMA win then.  It's your city and it's your club and if you ever want it back you need to raise yourself and fight for it.

Giving up and going away is exactly what Ashley, Barnes, Bishop et al want us to do, we do that and they've won.  Don't go meekly into the night letting some arsehole take something from you that's a part of your very nature as a geordie, stand up and fight.

Even if you don't watch or attend the games, get to the protests, keep screwing him on social media, keep trying and in the end we'll win.

i will believe when a buyer steps forward, today there's no one and no one in sight............today there's no sniff of change and if we stay up it will be because theres 3 shittier teams than us, i even cursed my fiance as she bought the bairns shoes from SD yesterday ffs despite me telling her not to, thats how its got me  :undecided:

So you'll jump back in when we've won?

If there's a legitimate sale going through then all of this is redundant but until then each and every one of us needs to stand up and be counted.  Jumping back in when things are rosy again doesn't actually help at all.

Guest covmag

So you'll jump back in when we've won?

If there's a legitimate sale going through then all of this is redundant but until then each and every one of us needs to stand up and be counted.  Jumping back in when things are rosy again doesn't actually help at all.

where have i said i'd be back when we win? win tomoz then great, im a fan i will be happy but no it wont have me rushing back, fans are very fickle but im not here to judge any one at all, its my choice not to go at this time and maybe in time the buzz comes back, i enjoyed last season for the togetherness but ive soon realised nothing is changing i wanted to have hope.there is none

I believe HTT has taken part tbf

I think the real difference between last season and this season was that everybody thought that if we survived relegTion we would have new owners and a new start. When the fat barsteward revealed his real intentions (keep afloat in prem and use nufc as a billboard) then we have all discovered total apathy again, despite having rafa as the only illuminating light i  a dark barren landscape...

Guest Howaythetoon

I’m all or the protests and support such action and the various groups 100%, but I don’t think I’ll ever feel the same way about NUFC as I used to even if Ashley were to sell up and we won things and that’s equally a lot to do with my general negative feelings on the game as a whole these days.

It’s just not for me now, not to the point where I’ll regularly go to the games or even to the pub to watch us or become emotionally invested in the club where I care enough if we lose or win.

I tried to get back into it in the Championship and I come away feeling more depressed about my club and the game and couldn’t wait for the final whistle to go so I could up and leave. Mind maybe I’m a depressed bastard too much these days :lol:

Three months ago we battered these with a terrific performance. It didn't feel certain by any means, but at 6pm that day you just thought we might be onto something. Keep this lot together, bring in two or three really significant upgrades, tie Rafa down, onwards and upwards. Hardly insurmountable.

Three months later and it actually feels like we've regressed from that position. Rubbish pre-season, no real upgrades, already fire-fighting in the league - with a couple of shitty results, bad performances, injuries, suspensions and tough fixtures ahead of us - protests, little hope other than survival, and limited to just trying to enjoy Rafa whilst he's here. Miserable. Just fuck off, Ashley.

Three months ago we battered these with a terrific performance. It didn't feel certain by any means, but at 6pm that day you just thought we might be onto something. Keep this lot together, bring in two or three really significant upgrades, tie Rafa down, onwards and upwards. Hardly insurmountable.

Three months later and it actually feels like we've regressed from that position. Rubbish pre-season, no real upgrades, already fire-fighting in the league - with a couple of shitty results, bad performances, injuries, suspensions and tough fixtures ahead of us - protests, little hope other than survival, and limited to just trying to enjoy Rafa whilst he's here. Miserable. Just fuck off, Ashley.

Totally agree

A defeat by 3 goals against is how I see it ending. We may scrape a draw at the very best, but I can’t see us winning. The form, togetherness and momentum that enabled us to beat them and the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd last season isn’t there at the moment for whatever reason and it’s like last season all over again at this stage, an average team trying to find their feet and work out the best way to compete against this level of opposition without getting a hammering.

We looked good in patches against Spurs, but they didn’t get out of first gear, away to Cardiff we looked nothing like a team and won’t do so for a while yet as once again the manager is forced to try and create something better than the sum of its parts to a level that we can go on mini runs of winning or not losing to keep us in the division. That will take time and will be more difficult this time around.

Chelsea are due a win at SJP as well and have a returning Hazard likely to start <b>who terrorised is</b> at Stamford Bridge last season.

Must have been scary for you like.