Newcastle United 1-2 Arsenal - 15/09/18 - Post-match reaction from page 12ish

Greg

Only thing to make this game worse is Ciaran fucking Clark scoring.

:lol: Why?

Don't rate him in the slightest. Positionally crap, always has a mistake in him and goes on a lad holiday in Magaluf. What more could you ask for?

He's garbage, but hey ho, congrats on the goal.

If he’s touch and go then it might be seen as a risk bringing on at 2-0 down. Were we 1 down or level then the risk might be worth it.

this is how i see it...we all seen games under rafa where it looks like the other team looks like scoring and we'd make a change but rafa never does as far as i can recall

once the 2nd went in rafa's thinking about the next match imo, and last season to me proved he'll be right to do so probably

Well obviously I agree with your first point, but incidentally my criticism was that he should have made a change before the second went in, since it was unbelievably obvious we was about to concede again. I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing that out.

fair enough but he never does that, ever :lol:

But he should though - you have nearly a full house at that game do they not deserve a manager

Well obviously I agree with your first point, but incidentally my criticism was that he should have made a change before the second went in, since it was unbelievably obvious we was about to concede again. I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing that out.

fair enough but he never does that, ever :lol:

I know, and it bothers me :lol:

But he should you have nearly a full house paying good money and I'm sorry he got the strarting line up and substitutions massively wrong today.

Rafa will get it wrong from time to time, it's inevitable, he's not infallible. However there is only one person to blame, if there was investment in the team then he wouldn't be working within such fine margins. Better teams can afford to make small mistakes and still win, one wrong sub, tactic, starting player or a sub made a few minutes too late for us will likely cost us the game.

It's ok to be annoyed at the incorrect decisions being made but make no mistake if it wasn't for Ashley those mistakes wouldn't be costly. Be annoyed at the players/tactics but direct all your blame and ire at Ashley.

Overreaction central in here like. We were the better team in the first half, now we concede two and we're going down and the line-up was wrong/negative.

Honestly man, some people need to get hold of themselves, we'll be okay. We've had the hardest start to a season I can remember and honestly haven't played that bad.

Overraction give over man will you when you don't put out your strongest team against one of the better teams you deserve exactly what you get and he still isn't making any changes

Nonsense, this was likely the strongest team we had available (fit) to start the game today, and we were very good in the first half which was reflected in the comments in here. Now everyone is back-peddling because Arsenal have came out and shown their superior quality. Short-sighted af.

Bollcoks was it why are they on the bench then and still why isn't he bringing them on -  he's got it massively wrong today

Because they might only be fit enough to play for 20-30 mins? what should he do,not name subs?

Yeah right ok

What should he do then? You're so sure he got it wrong. Enlighten me

Your point been proving wrong for a start as he hasn't brought the players on but if they are fit enough to be on the bench they should be fit enough to play the majority of the game otherwise why have then on the bench. Fit enough to play 20 minutes give your head a shake man.

What? You don't think it possible that players can be not fit enough top play a full 90 mins? What are you on about? And if they aren't fit enough at all then you want him to name an empty bench. Give your head a shake.

If you're only fit enough to be playing 20 minutes as you said then you shouldn't be on the bench. A player might not last the full 90 due to match fitness but any player available should be able to play the majority of the game.

20-30. Who would replace them on the bench then?

Some of the players who were starting the game today that's who.

Guest firetotheworks

Not happy with that. We should be beating Arsenal at home imo. Maybe a fixture that's in our favour after their season's over and we're on a bit of a run, though.

So we should have started with an unfit Shelvey and Rondon, that’s your great plan?

If they are unfit they shouldn't even be on the bench and Rondon certainly didn't seem unfit during the week.

Another result of years of neglect from the fat man.

Dubravka - 4m

Yedlin - 5.7m

Lascelles - 5m

Fernandez - 6m

Dummett - Academy

Ritchie - 12m

Hayden - 2.6m

Diame - 4.5m

Murphy - 12m

Perez - 1.8m

Joselu - 5m

Total - 58.6m

Cech - 10m

Bellerin - 500k

Papastathopoulos - 17.6m

Mustafi - 35m

Monreal - 10m

Ramsey - 5.7m

Guendouzi - 7m

Xhaka - 30m

Lacazette - 46.5m

Aubameyang - 60m

Ozil- 42.5m

Total - £264m

So we should have started with an unfit Shelvey and Rondon, that’s your great plan?

If they are unfit they shouldn't even be on the bench and Rondon certainly didn't seem unfit during the week.

Eh players come back from injury and onto the bench all the time. Like literally all the time. I don’t know what condition Rondon and Shelvey are in, I’m just assuming there’s legitimate reasons they were on the bench and then never came on.

There’s multiple reasons why that could have happened.

Another result of years of neglect from the fat man.

Dubravka - 4m

Yedlin - 5.7m

Lascelles - 5m

Fernandez - 6m

Dummett - Academy

Ritchie - 12m

Hayden - 2.6m

Diame - 4.5m

Murphy - 12m

Perez - 1.8m

Joselu - 5m

Total - 58.6m

Cech - 10m

Bellerin - 500k

Papastathopoulos - 17.6m

Mustafi - 35m

Monreal - 10m

Ramsey - 5.7m

Guendouzi - 7m

Xhaka - 30m

Lacazette - 46.5m

Aubameyang - 60m

Ozil- 42.5m

Total - £264m

Speaks volumes, yet again. #AshleyOut

Just to add to the numbers

25M for Gini

30M for Sissoko

22M+ for Mitro

Whatever the TV money is (80M?)

And we start with a 5M striker and a 2M number 10.

More than anyone, I was disappointed with Perez today. We need much more from that position.

Eh players come back from injury and onto the bench all the time. Like literally all the time. I don’t know what condition Rondon and Shelvey are in, I’m just assuming there’s legitimate reasons they were on the bench and then never came on.

So why are they on the bench if you're not fit you're not fit and why not bring them on then. If they're fit enough to be on the bench then their fit enough to play the majority of the game. I can understand not the full 90 but to not even bring them on is just totally inexcusable.

So why are they on the bench if you're not fit you're not fit and why not bring them on then. If they're fit enough to be on the bench then their fit enough to play the majority of the game. I can understand not the full 90 but to not even bring them on is just totally inexcusable.

They were probably on the bench in case we were down one goal with 10 or 15 minutes to go. When Arsenal went two up Rafa probably felt that the risk of bringing them on wasn't worth it when we probably wouldn't get back into the game anyway

Just to add to the numbers

25M for Gini

30M for Sissoko

22M+ for Mitro

Whatever the TV money is (80M?)

And we start with a 5M striker and a 2M number 10.

More than anyone, I was disappointed with Perez today. We need much more from that position.

Perez gets a lot of stick, but he cost us something like £1-2million right? I don't know how much we can expect from that sort of investment.

I know I'm still a bit rose tintet specs with our players and reality of other teams. This is a game I thought we would have a chance at getting 3 points at.

The reality is none of our team would get a game for Arsenal and almost all of their players would be an instant marquee player for us.

Our players (generally) bust a but, work hard and are likeable. Rafa has motivated lots of them to play above their stations over the past year. I think that can easily gives us as fans a false perception of reality and some false hope.

It's easy to put on a brave face and despite knowing it still expect a better reality.

I don't fault rafa or the players, although obviously they make mistakes. I hope this just spurs on the outside the ground protests and fuels the ranks. Until Ashley goes or has a lobotomy and backs rafa the only ways is down. !zzay