Crystal Palace vs Newcastle United - 22/09/2018 @ 15:00 - No UK TV

ToonArmy1892

Felt like i was in the 70's or something in that stand, it created a great atmosphere though.

Sure they had wooden seats and i was thinking how the fuck is that allowed after the Bradford fire, Everton away end had wooden seats aswell (2-2 Shearer 2 pens, another great atmosphere)

2-0 wasn't it?

Kluivert's goal that day was one of my favourites

Yep - lovely back heel flick - him and Bellamy were superb together that day!

Bellamy's biggest peeve before he left was that he wasn't given the opportunity to start more games with Kluivert, although I think a lot of that was down to him absolutely hating Shearer.

Bellamy has to go down as one of the most frustrating wastes of talent we've ever seen.  Absolutely rapid and with an eye for goal, he should have cleaned up alongside Shearer and knocked in 20+ goals a season.  If he had the slightest bit of a footballing brain and knew how to use his pace to defeat a high defensive line rather than getting caught offside 90% of the time, he would have been immense.  The fact that he has also fallen out with everyone he has ever met meant that he was never at any club for long and his career just drifted away.  What a waste.

Dunno like he was electric for a couple of seasons here and a large reason why we made the top 4 twice

Give iz a wave if you go past my flat.

You going to the game?

Nah, didn't get around to arranging it. I went last season.

I might look out for last-minute spare tickets but I'm not really too enthusiastic at the moment.

Well I know quick decisions aren’t your forte but I do believe ive a spare ticket if you’d like to go. Would be nice to catch you before the Lockwood Cup and talk tactics :lol:

Cheeky bastard :lol:

True mind, although actually I'm worse at planning than deciding quickly. Hence not buying a ticket already.

:lol:

Also hence you not answering my question? :lol:

I was going to text, I'll have it if you've got one.

I'm very worried it's going to be awful like, but it is 5 minutes away.

See you tomorrow for your 10:30 KO. You best play good or you might get dropped for the Lockwood :lol:

Give iz a wave if you go past my flat.

You going to the game?

Nah, didn't get around to arranging it. I went last season.

I might look out for last-minute spare tickets but I'm not really too enthusiastic at the moment.

Well I know quick decisions aren’t your forte but I do believe ive a spare ticket if you’d like to go. Would be nice to catch you before the Lockwood Cup and talk tactics :lol:

Cheeky bastard :lol:

True mind, although actually I'm worse at planning than deciding quickly. Hence not buying a ticket already.

:lol:

Also hence you not answering my question? :lol:

I was going to text, I'll have it if you've got one.

I'm very worried it's going to be awful like, but it is 5 minutes away.

See you tomorrow for your 10:30 KO. You best play good or you might get dropped for the Lockwood :lol:

I'll be pulling out of challenges even more than usual, need to keep myself fit for the big one!

Probably go with the same gameplan as we have been, contain, frustrate and keep our shape. Then attack in the later spells of the game hoping for a winner.

If we were at home I'd want us to be more forward thinking, but can't seem to remember this fixture being kind to us, ever.

Probably go with the same gameplan as we have been, contain, frustrate and keep our shape. Then attack in the later spells of the game hoping for a winner.

If we were at home I'd want us to be more forward thinking, but can't seem to remember this fixture being kind to us, ever.

Containing and frustrating at Crystal Palace what a time to be alive cheers mike

Containing and frustrating at Crystal Palace what a time to be alive cheers mike

I don't think we've got a great record down there anyway, it would be a bit daft to go too reckless from the off. If we can avoid giving away an early goal we might just sneak a win.

1 defeat since 1984.