Newcastle United 0-2 Leicester City - 29/09/18 - post match reaction from page16

Greg

Yeah let's press high up the field against a team with pace to burn.

The lack of investment of many a year is why we are shit, I don't understand why everyone pissss there pants when we are losing against teams which are superior to us in every area.

Well just sitting back is certainly not working

The lack of investment of many a year is why we are shit, I don't understand why everyone pissss there pants when we are losing against teams which are superior to us in every area.

We push on 81 minutes. Chill.

Guest neesy111

Can't criticize Rafa.

Why? Is there a law against it? This gets tiresome, if you want to criticise, then go ahead, no one is stopping you.

There is with certain posters on this forum.

it's like we have forgotten how to attack, Shelvey may as well not be on the pitch, no leader, no inspiration anywhere.

this won't attract a buyer, it was exactly the same last year, takeover talk and we are dog shit.

We push on 81 minutes. Chill.

You might be a bit early in your estimate there mind

The problem is the critics on here assume if we do the opposite of what is currently being done it will automatically work because what we are currently doing isn't working too well.

It's no coincidence we've rarely been torn a new one under Rafa but it was an all too frequent experience under the other clowns.

The only way we improve is with investment, everything else is moot.

This is miserable rubbish. The performance is rubbish, and the one chance they have had, the striker is scared to shoot. The commentator I'm watching continually confuses the black players on both teams. Just an unpleasant experience.

Yedlin got called Kenedy and Lascelles there, pretty impressive given one of those isn’t even playing.

:lol: Yedlin has been three players and Ndidi has been Morgan on several occasions. These people do not even look similar to one another.

Rafa is often absolved from criticism, and I do not mean to condemn him, but this team has no idea how to attack. There is no pattern or cohesion to their play going forward whatsoever. They just sit back and hope something will happen for them at some point.

There is a middle ground between all out high press attack and dropping insanely deep

Aye, its the same on here whenever we go ultra defensive. Someone mentions that we should try to do a bit more going forward and people act like we want to send everyone forward and forget about defending

Guest firetotheworks

Can't criticize Rafa.

Why? Is there a law against it? This gets tiresome, if you want to criticise, then go ahead, no one is stopping you.

Opinions being roundly criticised is the same as opinions being oppressed apparently.

Rafa can f*** off as well. This is dross.

Knew this would happen. [emoji38]

Also predictable you would comment on it.

Likewise you would and likewise you'd comment on me commenting.

Likewise you commenting on his comment of you commenting.

Relegation looking very possible. There's just a distinct lack of quality throughout the side and Rafa's no magician.

Ashley won't pull the trigger, because he'd be loathed to pay Rafa off.

Despite all the other deficiencies in the team the only thing we needed that could keep us up was a goalscoring forward.

We look worse off than last year and the two strikers we moved out are scoring for fun.

It's worrying. We are a confidence team as much as we are shit. If we squeeze a win somewhere things will improve but right now it's fucking shocking. We can't afford confidence players.

No, posters confuse keeping shape with being ridiculously defensive don't get me wrong we aren't attacking by any means but I wouldn't call us Uber defensive.

Our biggest problem is retaining possession when we win it back deep which again is due to have players who are extremely limited.

Ashley being an absolute cunt is what hamstrings us and limits all our tactical options.

Leicester are better player for player, of course, but they finished three points and one place above Newcastle last season and sold their best player away. This is not some insurmountable challenge, especially at home. Bournemouth tore them apart a couple of weeks ago. The decline in performance from the end of last season is incredible, and for that much the manager needs to take a large share of blame.

Relegation looking very possible. There's just a distinct lack of quality throughout the side and Rafa's no magician.

Ashley won't pull the trigger, because he'd be loathed to pay Rafa off.

Despite all the other deficiencies in the team the only thing we needed that could keep us up was a goalscoring forward.

We look worse off than last year and the two strikers we moved out are scoring for fun.

It's worrying. We are a confidence team as much as we are shit. If we squeeze a win somewhere things will improve but right now it's fucking shocking. We can't afford confidence players.

Most teams will be comfortable if they have a goalscoring forward, unfortunately they cost loads