Burnley 1-2 Newcastle United - 26/11/18 - post match relief p23 onwards

BlueStar

Burnley cant use three target men all the time because if their opponent doesnt just sit backs to the wall they get ripped to shreds. We should, have scored at least 2 after they made that change. Its only viable when the opponent shuts up shop and are knackered.

I was on about the way they played at the end of the first half rather than towards the end

Tyler thinks he’s playing

:lol: Gets me every time I watch Burnley.

"That's MEEE!"

"You'll see Mee going up for the corner here."

"Great defending by Mee."

"What a block by Mee again!"

"Andy, do you think there's a chance of Mee playing for England in the next internationals?"

Etc. :lol:

It wasn't Tyler. Not on sky anyway.

Commentator thinks he’s playing

"That's MEEE!"

"Andy, do you think there's a chance of Mee playing for England in the next internationals?"

Better? xo

Tyler thinks he’s playing

"That's MEEE!"

He was commentating for one of the American channels

Tyler was on an international feed. I got it in Japan. We often get Japanese commentary now though, due to Muto.

I don't know much about the lad who didn't play, Gudmundssen?, but without him Burnley looked like a pure hoof and hope team that can't even defend corners.

Commentator thinks he’s playing

"That's MEEE!"

Better? xo

Lol.. didn't think he would be commentating on a sky game for a different channel, learn something every day.  O0

Guest firetotheworks

Not sure what I'd have done if Ginola was an Ashley man tbh. It was a long time ago now, but he was and will probably always be my favourite Newcastle player.

Not sure what I'd have done if Ginola was an Ashley man tbh. It was a long time ago now, but he was and will probably always be my favourite Newcastle player.

Seen a debate on Twitter a while back and I think this'll spark another one here, but regarding your own all time NUFC XI, who's on the left: Daveed or Robert?

Seen a debate on Twitter a while back and I think this'll spark another one here, but regarding your own all time NUFC XI, who's on the left: Daveed or Robert?

Robert for me

Ginola was on a different level to Robert. No contest for me.

Guest firetotheworks

Depends really. Favourite/better footballer: Ginola. More effective: Robert.

Ginola was one of the best players in the world at his peak with us. Robert was at a lower level but was much more consistent and his output was outstanding.

Also this

Ginola was simply one of the most gifted players I’ve ever seen live, deffo the best I’ve witnessed in a Nufc shirt for me .

The bloke is a class apart on a skill level.

Also this

To throw something else in I think both were more effective in the teams they were I in, by which I mean Robert wouldn't have been as effective in Keegans team and Ginola wouldn't have been as effective in Robsons.

For me Ginola wins purely cos he was a better watch.

Guest firetotheworks

Also this

To throw something else in I think both were more effective in the teams they were I in, by which I mean Robert wouldn't have been as effective in Keegans team and Ginola wouldn't have been as effective in Robsons.

For me Ginola wins purely cos he was a better watch.

Not so sure, can you imagine Robert with Ferdinand alongside Shearer to work with.

Agree on the outcome though. Robert was great and the stats show that he was better, but Ginola was something seriously special.

Guest firetotheworks

Another point worth making, I reckon, is that time does wonders for players. Ginola was basically my hero when I was 11, but him being dropped by Dalglish was defended at the time by people that thought he was defensively lazy, he was booed when he came back with Spurs, and yet now it's generally accepted that he was absolutely fucking mint.

The same thing happened with Robert, again who's now rightly seen as a brilliant player for us, and IMO the same thing will eventually happen with Ben Arfa.