Burnley 1-2 Newcastle United - 26/11/18 - post match relief p23 onwards

BlueStar

I thought the back three were quite poor last night, they hardly one a single ball in the air and were line rabbits in the headlights every ti.e a long ball was launched at them.

the award for the completely wrong opinion goes to you mate.

The back 3 were excellent and dealt well with the hoofball.

Good performance last night.  I thought we were reasonably comfortable for most of it and thoroughly deserved the 3 points.  Good performances from those already mentioned by others but i do think Perez was a bit of an unsung hero.  He got himself into really good positions, linked play up, and played some clever passes that caused Burnley a lot of problems.  This is the sort of form we need him in as we look a much better side when he’s at his most effective.

Generally speaking the effort and commitment hasn’t often been an issue all the while Rafa has been here. It’s the lack of ability.

A bit like a Super Duper Branko Strupar[/member] post.

Obviously Burnley's gameplan and strikers are going to cause loads of problems if they keep doing it, nobody can head absolutely everything against 2 or 3 massive target men.

Don’t know why they didn’t hoof it more often tbh, only time they caused us any trouble at all

Since when did our fans start singing that gash generic Boro song?

Which one?

Who’s that team we call (insert team)

Who’s that team we all adore

Can only ever remember Boro, and latterly Arsenal singing it with gusto.

Was one of the most common songs by our support during the 70s and 80s

Burnley cant use three target men all the time because if their opponent doesnt just sit backs to the wall they get ripped to shreds. We should, have scored at least 2 after they made that change. Its only viable when the opponent shuts up shop and are knackered.

Tyler thinks he’s playing

:lol: Gets me every time I watch Burnley.

"That's MEEE!"

"You'll see Mee going up for the corner here."

"Great defending by Mee."

"What a block by Mee again!"

"Andy, do you think there's a chance of Mee playing for England in the next internationals?"

Etc. :lol: