Miguel Almirón

Deuce

3 hours ago, duo said:

Miggy grafts, tracks back, makes runs - he deserves no criticism. 

I think it’s perfectly reasonable to criticise his technical ability, while still believing that the lad is as honest a player as the day is long.   He’s a hard player to dislike due to his graft, but no side looking to kick on being competitive has Almiron on their RW.  

12 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Lots of complaints tonight. But that was a typical Miggy performance and one of his better ones in recent weeks. 

Recent weeks have been poor for the same reason people are complaining though. You can't win games at this level if one of your forwards isn't either creating or scoring goals.

Doesn't help being one footed , soon gets found out by opposition and all they need to do is prevent him from cutting back.I don't know why he can't practice with his right pin even if only to cross the ball, by being one foot only gives a defender time to rescue the situation.

1 hour ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

He is obscenely one footed. It's unbelievable a professional player can be that one footed. It's doing my head in.

I do not understand how a professional footballer can be so one footed, hell theres sunday league players can can use both feet to some extent. Surely the coaching team and the management see this and should be having him working on it on a daily basis

This hinders trippier too to be honest as hes always got to be as high up the pitch as Miggy as he is in essence his right foot that is why Trippiers assists and chances created are so high

1 assist per year over 6 years is an shambolic return for a winger

If there's one question I could ask a football manager....

I understand an inside wing forward can open up a defence coming inside and especially one against one it's difficult to defend against especially if the game is open.

However....if a team is playing a low block and has everyone back and your wing forward (or whatever the fuck it's called) is pinned at the touchline against 2 men, then what is the advantage of having a lefty on the right and vice versa????????

In those circumstances you become dependant on crosses, and what's the point if the player can not cross? Surely when a team sits back it would make sense to revert to square pegs in square holes? 

I also don't believe that the inside wing forward is rewarded with more goals, Laurent Robert or solano didn't struggle to score goals from their respective wing positions? 

11 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

I understand an inside wing forward can open up a defence coming inside and especially one against one it's difficult to defend against especially if the game is open.

However....if a team is playing a low block and has everyone back and your wing forward (or whatever the fuck it's called) is pinned at the touchline against 2 men, then what is the advantage of having a lefty on the right and vice versa????????

In those circumstances you become dependant on crosses, and what's the point if the player can not cross? Surely when a team sits back it would make sense to revert to square pegs in square holes? 

I also don't believe that the inside wing forward is rewarded with more goals, Laurent Robert or solano didn't struggle to score goals from their respective wing positions? 

Almiron wont be even half the player that Nobby was

8 hours ago, Pancrate1892 said:

It's a much more dangerous chance when inverted winger is cutting in from the edge of the box compared to being pinned at the touchline. You rather have him on his stronger foot when he's cutting in, teams don't really want to be in that second situation anymore.

Only having one leg you can use is obviously still a massive disadvantage for a professional footballer. :lol:

3 hours ago, Aiston said:

Literally no one to drop him for too.

Fine with work rate but unfortunately as we all know that won't cut the mustard when he costs us. Trippier consistently is Miggy's right foot leaving issues at the back should Tripps not be able to get back in time, Almiron is a forward and should act like one.

3 minutes ago, andycap said:

He'll smash one in tomorrow and all will be forgotten about. 

Fine with him doing that but when he misses a simple one with his right foot then questions need to be raised, suggest we flog him and allow an improvement taken on.

8 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

Fine with him doing that but when he misses a simple one with his right foot then questions need to be raised, suggest we flog him and allow an improvement taken on.

Oh I agree but that's how football works he'll stick a raker in and people forget his limitations he should be a bench player at best.