Miguel Almirón

Deuce

£30m isn't a big fee these days. Don't get the amazement at that kind of fee for a winger with two and a half years left on his contract who averages 7 goals a season in top level football and works like a dog for the team.  I think it's nothing short of bizarre to see people talking about £15m as a reasonable fee. 

Edited by Teasy

Just now, Unbelievable said:

Give over man :spit:

~2 seasons and his explosive pace will start to noticeably deteriorate. There just isn't many speed merchants at the top level when they are 31+.

It’s not like KSA give a single fuck about resale value. They’d get three years of him at his absolute peak. Anything above £25m is a great deal for us but also fair given what’s been going on in that league 

Edited by gbandit

I've been seeing fees of around £17m for Miggy being touted, while we paid £21m. At 29 I'd think he's at the back end of his prime for sure, but I still think, with inflation and the fact he's had a couple of good recent seasons, we should be looking at nearer £30m as a fair price.

I am puzzled by how so many of the posters on here undervaluate our players.

We have all seen the prices players sell for in, admittedly an insane modern football market, yet our players are thought of as almost worthless. Miggy's stats have him in the top metrics in many areas. He is a current international that scores goals for his country. Now, personally, I want him gone as just not good enough! His decision making and final passes are nowhere near what we need going forward, but don't think that means he is not of serious value to another team. He actually reminds me of Lee Clark, not in his overall play but in the box. Clarkie got the nickname Jigsaw because he awlays went to pieces in the box - sure he scored some crackers, so did Miggy, but most times it results in wasted shots/opportunities.

He is worth £30 million easilly imo.

7 minutes ago, STM said:

I think 20m is about right.

It's far more right than for a 33 year old right back who we've already bought a replacement for.

12 minutes ago, Irish Magpie said:

We have all seen the prices players sell for in, admittedly an insane modern football market, yet our players are thought of as almost worthless. Miggy's stats have him in the top metrics in many areas. He is a current international that scores goals for his country. Now, personally, I want him gone as just not good enough! His decision making and final passes are nowhere near what we need going forward, but don't think that means he is not of serious value to another team. He actually reminds me of Lee Clark, not in his overall play but in the box. Clarkie got the nickname Jigsaw because he awlays went to pieces in the box - sure he scored some crackers, so did Miggy, but most times it results in wasted shots/opportunities.

You've got Man Utd asking SA clubs for £50m for Antony, no way Miggy is worth less than £30m

Edited by Mattoon

4 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

Miggy easy worth 30m. He’s fit as a fiddle. He’s massive in America and Paraguay and he would destroy the Saudi league.

There are no question marks over 30-40m at all.

We paid 25m for Chris Wood………. Let that sink in.

See your avatar.

23 minutes ago, TRon said:

Who gives a fuck?

That’s my point, we don’t. The club shouldn’t, those cunty clubs around us will though which is why we should start taking the piss a bit. If we demand 40m and “whoever” is controlling the purse strings over there doesn’t mind moving money about, fuck it.. 

58 minutes ago, sempuki said:

Sesko, that Roony lad with the unpronounceable surname and Kone would do nicely. Not being greedy like.

Sounds like Bhaji (the onion variety).

I'm not a Miggy fan but, considering all the shite that goes for big money these days, £30m is a very fair asking price imo.

Would love someone like Pedro Neto, Raphinha, Roony, Soule, Marcus Edwards or Nico Williams but not sure how realistic they'll be.

Edited by Ketsbaia

2 hours ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

Miggy easy worth 30m. He’s fit as a fiddle. He’s massive in America and Paraguay and he would destroy the Saudi league.

There are no question marks over 30-40m at all.

We paid 25m for Chris Wood………. Let that sink in.

Circumstances. Verge of relegation and Gayle was the only fit striker. They didn't have alot of options. Everything else fell through and he had a release clause if I recall.

edit: That said I do agree Miggy is worth 30m subjectively. Obviously someone has to be willing to buy for that or he is, in fact, not.

Edited by McDog
Additional point

9 hours ago, Irish Magpie said:

He’s worth what a club is willing to pay

9 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

If the club are looking for 30m or more, what’s another 5?

Maxi was 28m and we got robbed.. Miggy is basically on a par in terms of output.

It's PIF money in any case. Any fee that will be agreed will solely be for keeping up appearances. Which we’ve done already.

We definitely got robbed on ASM.  All those clubs queuing up to give us more for a player we were happy to lose.  They were all desperate to give us more, but we accepted the lower offer.

I think. 

10 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

MAIL EXCLUSIVE: Margot Robbie REJECTS threesome with Shearergol and Michelle Keegan.  Keegan understood to be interested.  Swap deal for Robbie possible. 

Wait, tell me more. I'm 100% clicking that link.

10 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

MAIL EXCLUSIVE: Margot Robbie REJECTS threesome with Shearergol and Michelle Keegan.  Kevin Keegan understood to be interested.  Swap deal for Robbie possible. 

10 hours ago, sempuki said:

Sesko, that Roony lad with the unpronounceable surname and Kone would do nicely. Not being greedy like.

Depends on if he’s hit all his bonuses. I’ve seen a max of £40m.  So it would be somewhere between £20-24m.  His contract extension would mean the amortisation cost is spread over a longer term. He’ll amortise between 5-6m now as opposed to 7-9m on his first contract. 

We’ll also save close to £8-9m in wages. 

11 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

£30m is daylight robbery. 

You can’t stop the Saudi state. Fuck you Scudamore. 

Scudamore left the PL in 2018, I presume you meant Masters.

Edited by El Prontonise