Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Anyone else notice a seeming reluctance for Ritchie to pass the ball to Almiron in the first half? I counted 4/5 time where there was an easy pass to Almiron in space on the left and Ritchie ignored him time and time again to cut inside. It's just strange that then later in the game Almiron took a shot from inside the box, and the overlapping Ritchie turned and screamed at him to pass when he hadn't passed to him all game...

Probably reading too far into it but it seemed strange at the time of watching.

I noticed this too, several times in the first half Almiron made a good run into space in the left channel and the pass was on, and Ritchie just completely ignored him. Was very strange. Maybe he's jealous of all the love the new boy is getting. Or he hates South Americans.

Could have been angry that Almiron didn't pass to him when Ritchie went on the overlap and Almiron shot instead in the first half

Anyone else notice a seeming reluctance for Ritchie to pass the ball to Almiron in the first half? I counted 4/5 time where there was an easy pass to Almiron in space on the left and Ritchie ignored him time and time again to cut inside. It's just strange that then later in the game Almiron took a shot from inside the box, and the overlapping Ritchie turned and screamed at him to pass when he hadn't passed to him all game...

I noticed this too, several times in the first half Almiron made a good run into space in the left channel and the pass was on, and Ritchie just completely ignored him. Was very strange. Maybe he's jealous of all the love the new boy is getting. Or he hates South Americans.

Could have been angry that Almiron didn't pass to him when Ritchie went on the overlap and Almiron shot instead in the first half

Nah, that happened after. At that point in the game, Ritchie had ignored the option of Almiron in space numerous times, which is why it was so ludicrous and annoying for Ritchie to turn and scream at Almiron for not taking up his option.

Nah, that happened after. At that point in the game, Ritchie had ignored the option of Almiron in space numerous times, which is why it was so ludicrous and annoying for Ritchie to turn and scream at Almiron for not taking up his option.

Ah fair enough, only saw the game on MOTD

Al-Mi-Ron, yo te quierro y finito

Yo te querda, oh mi corazón

Noone liked this? Thought Itd be cool  :lol: (The Clash - Spanish Bombs)

Thought it was Bailamos the first time I read it and couldn't make it work with how I remember the song.

Ritchie was just using Almiron's run to make space for himself. Ritchie has great delivery and was probably just enjoying someone taking the pressure off him.

Sure, but it's still strange for him to ignore the clear option of Almiron multiple times in a row on his debut; it's not like cutting inside presented a great opportunity to cross as he wasn't even in and around the box - he cut inside and played a short pass when Almiron had been making good, potentially dangerous runs on the wing. Anyway, it's hopefully something out of nothing, but no doubt it came across as strange when watching live.

Oh Miggy what a pity you don’t understand

A single word we say cos you’re from another land

Oh Miggy we’re quite shitty, can you lend a hand

It’s what you do Miggy, do Miggy

We broke the bank Miggy

Or maybe he was trying to take advantage of the extra space having someone with movement/a brain in front of him was affording him?

Can't remember Ritchie having many/any opportunities to carry the ball towards the box for a long time. He might start pinging some long rangers, which seems to have all but disappeared from his game since he moved up here.

Or maybe he was trying to take advantage of the extra space having someone with movement/a brain in front of him was affording him?

Can't remember Ritchie having many/any opportunities to carry the ball towards the box for a long time. He might start pinging some long rangers, which seems to have all but disappeared from his game since he moved up here.

Hopefully is the case... just came across as strange to me but maybe I was just over eager to see Almiron on the ball. There’s just something kind of ludicrous about ignoring a good option when there’s nothing on for you, then screaming at him for not passing later when he had every right to shoot. Can’t fault the passion of Ritchie, atleast  :lol: radge bastard.

I wonder with his pace will we now win more penalties.

Won them a lot of penalties and free kicks that Atlanta scored from last season think it was 12/13 penalties or something I know Almiron took and scored half and Martinez took and scored the other half.

There was a free kick he won where he dribbled 30 yards through the middle of a team to win it and it ended up being taken like 15 yards further forward because of how fast he ran, he scored it too :lol:

Takes a good penalty doubt he will be able to get Ritchie off them if he tried though :rocky:

Oh Miggy Miggy, Miggy Miggy Miggy Miggy Al-mi-ron.

Surely thats the chant, nice and simple.

In my mind, this chant is followed by the awards ceremony for the worst nickname in the world - Almiron taking the title ahead of Fluffy Magee and Cuddles Smith.

You no like miggy?

Oh no, he loves him