Newcastle United 1 - 1 Blackburn - 05/01/19 - Post-match reaction from page 13

BlueStar

Such a refreshing evenings football. Are we happy with the point? A championship precursor maybe?

Roll on a week on Tuesday / Wednesday for the next ultra thrilling installment.

Rafa out? In?

nobody really knows.

If Rafa got money would he bring better players in?

Would he still play the same way?

If Rafa left would a new manager get results?

Would a new manager have us playing more attacking?

Categorically yes.

he spent 12 million on Murphy.

which is what 12 million gets you.

really!!! Did you watch Murphy tonight?

Aye, well, what i actually paid attention to.  You're talking like 12 million is a lot of money these days, it barely gets you an average prem player...obviously there are some exceptions, but for the most part that's about what you get for that kind of money.

Guest covmag

Such a refreshing evenings football. Are we happy with the point? A championship precursor maybe?

Roll on a week on Tuesday / Wednesday for the next ultra thrilling installment.

Rafa out? In?

nobody really knows.

If Rafa got money would he bring better players in?

Would he still play the same way?

If Rafa left would a new manager get results?

Would a new manager have us playing more attacking?

Categorically yes.

he spent 12 million on Murphy.

which is what 12 million gets you.

really!!! Did you watch Murphy tonight?

Aye, well, what i actually paid attention to.  You're talking like 12 million is a lot of money these days, it barely gets you an average prem player...obviously there are some exceptions, but for the most part that's about what you get for that kind of money.

Delulofue 11.5m Watford fantastic player

Guest firetotheworks

Awful from players and manager.

How was it awful from the manager? He can't risk the two or three players who are absolutely vital to us surviving, and we started the game on the front foot. The players were absolutely appalling today.

It's his job to win football matches....fucks sake he can be blamed you know it's not illegal

The shite tactics and way we play and approach games is down to him

The whole setup stinks from top to bottom (a fish rots from the head, as they say) Get rid of Rafa and who you gonna get to come in? Rafa 'might' keep us up - Pardew/Allardyce, etc won't.

Can you honestly say big Sam would get any worse from this group of players???

Sam is used to getting a tune from shite....Rafa isnt

:lol: Literally the first post I saw in this thread, so thanks for giving me the signal to have the night off from N-O. The whole forum's gone to the dogs.

People are saying we were shit.....we were

People are saying Rafas tactics were shit .....they were

Do we have to say Rafa is king no matter what? Gone to the dogs for having a genuine opinion on the state of it all, I’ve always been behind Rafa but tfuck me tonight he got it wrong again, at home,  again.

Convince me that We and Rafa are fine, go on.

Even if I agree with you, how does any of it relate in any way to the blatant and obviously stupid suggestion that Sam fucking Allardyce would do a better job? :lol:

Edit: And having a genuine opinion on the state of it all isn't why the forum's gone to the dogs, it's because examples of utterly stupid posts like the one above that have become more and more common over the last couple of years.

Then delete account and keep ya head up ya arse and keep the faith .

Case in point. :lol:

So you enjoyed tonight ?

No. Does not enjoying it mean I think Sam Allrdyce 'wouldn't do a worse job'? No, because I'm not a complete retard.

What’s FSA got to do with anything I’ve posted

It's the post I was responding to by geordiedean? The post that you originally replied to?

I remember Keegan and Robson era, they had a 7/10, 6/10 hit rate on *worthy* players, never mind players that would excel.

The problem we now have is the hit rate is reduced and buying/attractiveness power is less. Hence Joselu for our attacking, Rondon and Perez as alternatives (given 90 mins would they have been better?!)

Guest firetotheworks

How was it awful from the manager? He can't risk the two or three players who are absolutely vital to us surviving, and we started the game on the front foot. The players were absolutely appalling today.

It's his job to win football matches....fucks sake he can be blamed you know it's not illegal

The whole setup stinks from top to bottom (a fish rots from the head, as they say) Get rid of Rafa and who you gonna get to come in? Rafa 'might' keep us up - Pardew/Allardyce, etc won't.

:lol: Literally the first post I saw in this thread, so thanks for giving me the signal to have the night off from N-O. The whole forum's gone to the dogs.

Do we have to say Rafa is king no matter what? Gone to the dogs for having a genuine opinion on the state of it all, I’ve always been behind Rafa but tfuck me tonight he got it wrong again, at home,  again.

Even if I agree with you, how does any of it relate in any way to the blatant and obviously stupid suggestion that Sam fucking Allardyce would do a better job? :lol:

Edit: And having a genuine opinion on the state of it all isn't why the forum's gone to the dogs, it's because examples of utterly stupid posts like the one above (comparing Rafa with Big Sam ffs :lol:) have become more and more common over the last couple of years.

I never ever said Allardyce is better than Rafa I said I don't believe that we'd be in any worse a position

We are going down with everyone's Beloved Rafa and no one will blame him on here as he is impregnable

If we went down with Allardyce it would be his fault no doubt

Allardyce has worked with average shite all the time. Rafa has never had this level of shit to work with ever that's the reason I think we'd be no worse off

But hey bury your head in the sand....

That's not what impregnable means.

Also, Rafa's been here since 2015, so yes he is used to working with this level of shite, he won the Championship and finished 10th with it. Honestly, fucking beggars belief. You'll be nowhere to be seen once we go on a nice little run again. You were adamant we were going down last season and calling everyone deluded then as well.

And okay fair enough, you don't think Allardyce would do better, just not worse. My opinion's the same, your opinion is stupid for a large number of reasons.

Edit: And having a genuine opinion on the state of it all isn't why the forum's gone to the dogs, it's because examples of utterly stupid posts like the one above (comparing Rafa with Big Sam ffs :lol:) have become more and more common over the last couple of years.

I never ever said Allardyce is better than Rafa I said I don't believe that we'd be in any worse a position

We are going down with everyone's Beloved Rafa and no one will blame him on here as he is impregnable

Allardyce has worked with average shite all the time. Rafa has never had this level of shit to work with ever that's the reason I think we'd be no worse off

You know at West Ham at one stage he spent the most money outside the top 4, so not quite true that like.

Guest covmag

Edit: And having a genuine opinion on the state of it all isn't why the forum's gone to the dogs, it's because examples of utterly stupid posts like the one above that have become more and more common over the last couple of years.

So you enjoyed tonight ?

No. Does not enjoying it mean I think Sam Allrdyce 'wouldn't do a worse job'? No, because I'm not a complete retard.

It's the post I was responding to by geordiedean? The post that you originally replied to?

In no post do I ever think Rafa is worse than FSA , I love Rafa but he fucked up today and folk should be allowed an opinion on a match without the constant messiah white knighting of him. Piss poor again and he should not be beyond criticism.

Speaks volumes that the likes of Longstaff and Sterry were far from the worst players out there for us like.

Kenedy, Murphy, Joselu, Ritchie... Not an ounce of talent or brains between them. Garbage.

I remember Keegan and Robson era, they had a 7/10, 6/10 hit rate on *worthy* players, never mind players that would excel.

The problem we now have is the hit rate is reduced and buying/attractiveness power is less. Hence Joselu for our attacking, Rondon and Perez as alternatives (given 90 mins would they have been better?!)

Robson really? He hit the jackpot in 2001 with Robert, Bellamy and to a lesser extent Distin, but there was a lot of shite too.

Guest firetotheworks

So you enjoyed tonight ?

In no post do I ever think Rafa is worse than FSA , I love Rafa but he fucked up today and folk should be allowed an opinion on a match without the constant messiah white knighting of him. Piss poor again and he should not be beyond criticism.

Are you doing this on purpose? :lol: I was responding to a geordiedean post that said Allardyce wouldn't do any worse than Rafa. YOU replied to it saying that Rafa's not beyond criticism. I then asked what any of that had to do with Allardyce and now you're saying you never mentioned him. :lol: I know you didn't, I can only assume that you didn't read what I was replying to when you originally posted.

When Allardyce comes in and keeps a team up he invariably solves their defensive frailties and relies on clean sheets and keeping the score down.

We do that anyway so i can't see how he'd improve us.

We were very poor tonight as a team as we didn't look like a team, playing wingers but not feeding them the ball in front of them to run at full backs and get crosses in for example. Kenedy and Murphy were awful, Hayden was so far off the pace he was giving free kicks away repeatedly, Schar losing his head and getting involved in things too often and also giving the ball away with poor "pings".

Plus points were 90 minutes for Lejeune who was canny and also a decent neat and tidy shift from Longstaff.

Perez showed more class and guile in 10 minutes than the majority did in 90 and showed why he usually plays every week (and so he should no matter what a  few stupid boo boys say).

Speaks volumes that the likes of Longstaff and Sterry were far from the worst players out there for us like.

Kenedy, Murphy, Joselu, Ritchie... Not an ounce of talent or brains between them. Garbage.

Not the manager who took longstaff off and left at least 5 worse players on.