Newcastle United 1 - 1 Blackburn - 05/01/19 - Post-match reaction from page 13

BlueStar

Guest covmag

Awful from players and manager.

How was it awful from the manager? He can't risk the two or three players who are absolutely vital to us surviving, and we started the game on the front foot. The players were absolutely appalling today.

It's his job to win football matches....fucks sake he can be blamed you know it's not illegal

The shite tactics and way we play and approach games is down to him

The whole setup stinks from top to bottom (a fish rots from the head, as they say) Get rid of Rafa and who you gonna get to come in? Rafa 'might' keep us up - Pardew/Allardyce, etc won't.

Can you honestly say big Sam would get any worse from this group of players???

Sam is used to getting a tune from shite....Rafa isnt

:lol: Literally the first post I saw in this thread, so thanks for giving me the signal to have the night off from N-O. The whole forum's gone to the dogs.

People are saying we were shit.....we were

People are saying Rafas tactics were shit .....they were

Do we have to say Rafa is king no matter what? Gone to the dogs for having a genuine opinion on the state of it all, I’ve always been behind Rafa but tfuck me tonight he got it wrong again, at home,  again.

Convince me that We and Rafa are fine, go on.

Even if I agree with you, how does any of it relate in any way to the blatant and obviously stupid suggestion that Sam fucking Allardyce would do a better job? :lol:

Edit: And having a genuine opinion on the state of it all isn't why the forum's gone to the dogs, it's because examples of utterly stupid posts like the one above that have become more and more common over the last couple of years.

Then delete account and keep ya head up ya arse and keep the faith .

Case in point. :lol:

So you enjoyed tonight ?

No. Does not enjoying it mean I think Sam Allrdyce 'wouldn't do a worse job'? No, because I'm not a complete retard.

What’s FSA got to do with anything I’ve posted

It's the post I was responding to by geordiedean? The post that you originally replied to?

In no post do I ever think Rafa is worse than FSA , I love Rafa but he fucked up today and folk should be allowed an opinion on a match without the constant messiah white knighting of him. Piss poor again and he should not be beyond criticism.

Are you doing this on purpose? :lol: I was responding to a geordiedean post that said Allardyce wouldn't do any worse than Rafa. YOU replied to it saying that Rafa's not beyond criticism. I then asked what any of that had to do with Allardyce and now you're saying you never mentioned him. :lol: I know you didn't, I can only assume that you didn't read what I was replying to when you originally posted.

Just fucked off mate, no offence , sick of the bastard club

Some people can't see past their nose and will blame Rafa anytime we don't win.

Reality check: we are a Championship quality team even at full strength. This is our level thanks to Mike.

I remember Keegan and Robson era, they had a 7/10, 6/10 hit rate on *worthy* players, never mind players that would excel.

The problem we now have is the hit rate is reduced and buying/attractiveness power is less. Hence Joselu for our attacking, Rondon and Perez as alternatives (given 90 mins would they have been better?!)

Robson really? He hit the jackpot in 2001 with Robert, Bellamy and to a lesser extent Distin, but there was a lot of s**** too.

So that is 4 out of?!

Guest covmag

Reality check: we are a Championship quality team even at full strength. This is our level thanks to Mike.

We are in the PL , we finished 10th last year

I remember Keegan and Robson era, they had a 7/10, 6/10 hit rate on *worthy* players, never mind players that would excel.

The problem we now have is the hit rate is reduced and buying/attractiveness power is less. Hence Joselu for our attacking, Rondon and Perez as alternatives (given 90 mins would they have been better?!)

Robson really? He hit the jackpot in 2001 with Robert, Bellamy and to a lesser extent Distin, but there was a lot of s**** too.

So that is 4 out of?!

Gavilan, Fumaca, Cort, Bassedas, Bramble, Cordone, Viana, Carr, Butt. We’d also have missed Robert & Bellamy who were probably his two best signings had Zenden & Jeffers not turned us down.

Guest reefatoon

So that is 4 out of?!

Gavilan, Fumaca, Cort, Bassedas, Bramble, Cordone, Viana, Carr, Butt.

He got a tune out of them though didn’t he.

So that is 4 out of?!

The football in the 2000/1 season was crap. He dedicated a crap 0-0 draw against Arsenal to the fans.

So that is 4 out of?!

Gavilan, Fumaca, Cort, Bassedas, Bramble, Cordone, Viana, Carr, Butt. We’d also have missed Robert & Bellamy who were probably his two best signings had Zenden & Jeffers not turned us down.

You are making my point for me! How many good players did Robson make/buy? I will always remember the Solano and Hughes combo. Now Rafa is in "Maintenance" mode, if he had better then we would see...

So that is 4 out of?!

The football in the 2000/1 season was crap. He dedicated a crap 0-0 draw against Arsenal to the fans.

Those players, with the exception of Viana were really cheap buys!

Guest neesy111

So that is 4 out of?!

Those players, with the exception of Viana were really cheap buys!

Cart Cort cost £8m, was expensive at the time.

So that is 4 out of?!

You are making my point for me! How many good players did Robson make/buy? I will always remember the Solano and Hughes combo. Now Rafa is in "Maintenance" mode, if he had better then we would see...

He already had Given, Solano, Speed, Shearer & Dyer at his disposal though. Benítez didn’t have that luxury to afford a few bad buys like Robson did.

We are in the PL , we finished 10th last year

10th as Rafa got the best out of what we had, every other team improved after that while we stood still and fell behind, including the Championship teams that came up.  Had Rafa been allowed to strengthen and we were still hovering where we are now, I would have no issue with people blaming him. 

The fact is we fell behind by doing fuck all transfer wise in the summer, now we are seeing the effect of that.  It'll be a fuckin achievement just to stay up the way we are.

This thread is a fuckin shit storm by the way :lol:

It doesn’t really get you any kind of PL player.

It does if your scouting is good enough

Makes you wonder why anyone bothers to spend more than £12m on a player then.

There's loads of good players in the PL that cost less than £12m

It doesn’t really get you any kind of PL player.

It does if your scouting is good enough

Makes you wonder why anyone bothers to spend more than £12m on a player then.

There's loads of good players in the PL that cost less than £12m

Of course there is, but there'll be plenty who turn out to be duds as well. Also depends on what position you are talking about. It will be a lot easier to buy a decent full back for £12m than a forward.