Blackburn Rovers 2-4 Newcastle United AET (FA Cup) 15/01/19 - post game p32

BlueStar

You’d not think watching our midfield that it was Longstaff who’s just broken into the first team and Hayden who’s played fairly regularly for the last 2 years.

I know everyone despises him but Hayden has been absolutely fine.

Absolutely not fine. Constantly giving the ball away because of terrible touches or passes.

Genuinely impressed with Longstaff, like. He's all legs and doesn't look like he should be able to control a football, but he does it very well. He's looked calm and competent; nice touch, nice passing, physical enough. Looks to be some potential there.

The rest have been a variety of average to poor to shameful. Murphy has tried tonight and looked our biggest threat, and his assist was superbly taken. Can't understand how utterly, utterly crap he can be for the rest of a game. Joselu poor, Ritchie appalling, Roberts nowhere near the game, Hayden's done alright, full-backs offering nowt.

Depressing but fair

Feel so sorry for kids growing up now, I forget how long Ashley has been around - almost a whole childhood. Imagine being say 18 years old, you'll have been 6/7 when Ashley took over and known nothing but pointlessness.

My three year old has just started letting me leave football on tv. No way will he choose Newcastle as his team (not that i’ll let him)

Feel so sorry for kids growing up now, I forget how long Ashley has been around - almost a whole childhood. Imagine being say 18 years old, you'll have been 6/7 when Ashley took over and known nothing but pointlessness.

Yeah, it’s awful.